Rumor: Patrick Kane to NYR

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
This would be the most Rangers thing ever, and prove once and for all, no manager can ever escape the temptations of Broadway.

Kane is great. He’s fun to watch, and he can still be an exciting player (in moments) at 35.

He’s a “cherry on the top” type signing though, and that’s NOT what the Rangers would be signing him to be. They’re targeting him to be the player to take them over the top!! AGAIN??

His perfect destination is Dallas or Vegas, where he’s not being depended on to put anyone over the top, but just be another player, playing his role.

Detroit is in nowhere near the position the Rangers are, and they see that Kane isn’t “that” player anymore, and are only willing to give him secondary type money, and a secondary role. Proven by the stretch Larkin was injured. Kane went MIA. It was Lucas Raymond who put the team on his back. Same down the stretch. Kane scored some big goals but it was Raymond driving play and pace. Exactly why Detroit isn’t willing to give Kane what he seems to want.

If this is true and the Rangers are actually thinking Kane is their answer to win in the playoffs, and to put them “over the top”, the hockey Gods will strike again. They will make the Rangers look like the Rangers we knew for 25 years again…

It’s silly week in the NHL, so you have to be careful what you read and hear, and believe, but this was making the rounds yesterday. That the Rangers are gonna play stupid with Kane, handing him what Detroit isn’t even willing to hand him. The keys to the ship.

For the sake of their fans, hopefully that’s not what’s ready to go down, but if if does, Drury will deserve his walking papers after next season, when it crashes and burns.

Who on the Rangers is depending on him? He is the Cherry on top after Panarin, Kreider, Zibanejad, Lafreniere, Trocheck. He would literally be their 6th best forward.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I doubt it. Panarin and Kane did not look good together last time around in NY.

Plus it's not like Kane and Panarin were awesome come playoff time in Chicago either.

Who on the Rangers is depending on him? He is the Cherry on top after Panarin, Kreider, Zibanejad, Lafreniere, Trocheck. He would literally be their 6th best forward.

The problem is he doesn't actually address any of the issues NYR has. It's one thing to double down on what you're good at, it's another to do ignore a glaring flaw.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
The guy on pace for over 30 goals and nearly a PPG while coming back from a surgery that virtually no player has ever done is washed?

Anyways it seemed clear that Kane never wanted to leave New York and this would be very lol if it happens
/s

I was just replying to someone who hopes and wishes NYR does the NYR thing and sign Kane again because some people believe the narrative that he is cooked as a player and will bring a cup contending team down, it couldn't be further from the truth.
The Rangers lost that year against the Devils because of Gallant incompetence, Kane was easily one of the better players in that series but it's no surprise that certain Devs fans in this thread believe otherwise because they got a Game 7 win.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
This would be the most Rangers thing ever, and prove once and for all, no manager can ever escape the temptations of Broadway.

Kane is great. He’s fun to watch, and he can still be an exciting player (in moments) at 35.

He’s a “cherry on the top” type signing though, and that’s NOT what the Rangers would be signing him to be. They’re targeting him to be the player to take them over the top!! AGAIN??

His perfect destination is Dallas or Vegas, where he’s not being depended on to put anyone over the top, but just be another player, playing his role.

Detroit is in nowhere near the position the Rangers are, and they see that Kane isn’t “that” player anymore, and are only willing to give him secondary type money, and a secondary role. Proven by the stretch Larkin was injured. Kane went MIA. It was Lucas Raymond who put the team on his back. Same down the stretch. Kane scored some big goals but it was Raymond driving play and pace. Exactly why Detroit isn’t willing to give Kane what he seems to want.

If this is true and the Rangers are actually thinking Kane is their answer to win in the playoffs, and to put them “over the top”, the hockey Gods will strike again. They will make the Rangers look like the Rangers we knew for 25 years again…

It’s silly week in the NHL, so you have to be careful what you read and hear, and believe, but this was making the rounds yesterday. That the Rangers are gonna play stupid with Kane, handing him what Detroit isn’t even willing to hand him. The keys to the ship.

For the sake of their fans, hopefully that’s not what’s ready to go down, but if if does, Drury will deserve his walking papers after next season, when it crashes and burns.

The rangers made the semifinals. Basically all their talent is still in their prime or with room to grow. Now if they add Kane it's all going to "crash and burn???"

If the 24-25 rangers "crash and burn" I'd love to hear your descriptors for the Sharks.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Plus it's not like Kane and Panarin were awesome come playoff time in Chicago either.

The problem is he doesn't actually address any of the issues NYR has. It's one thing to double down on what you're good at, it's another to do ignore a glaring flaw.
It’s definitely not the type of forward they need, but it’s the Rangers.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Kane sat out the first few months and then signed with Detroit. I don't think it was just about his recovery....the Rangers didn't have that much cap space. Detroit had more. It's not like a couple/three million doesn't mean anything to Patrick when the Rangers could maybe give him a third of what the Red Wings did. The Rangers look like they'll have a few million to spend this year. So there's that. The Rangers won the Presidents Trophy for what that's worth but Zibanejad underwhelmed all year long. Never were able to find a productive right winger for his line. So there is a hole for a top 6 RW. The Rangers have some money to plug that hole but enough for someone like a Guentzel? No. Not unless Jake has a lifetime wish to be a Ranger and is willing to give a big discount. The Rangers don't have an in house solution either unless Kakko all of a sudden turns into it and well........

Anyway it's why Kane's name comes up and if anything if it were to happen it's a temporary fix at best. We might have other holes like on defense so I wouldn't guarantee anything and Drury keeps his shit close to the vest so rumors well at best it's smoke until anything actually happens. I don't put a lot of faith in them. Still it could happen. Wouldn't shock me.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_4346.gif

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I’m not saying I’m for a reunion, but I feel like the criticism of his first tenure is lacking a lot of context.

No doubt . He’s going to get pts I just don’t see why they are going for an offense first guy and not more of a character player

I’ve pretty much determined these reports are likely accurate just hope it’s 1 yr

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Not really a fan of this move as he doesn’t check the boxes the Rangers need aside from 5v5 offense, but something tells me that he’s going to be near the top of their options list as the cap is going to come into play unless they find a way to get rid of Trouba with minimal to no retention.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad