Proposal: Pastrnak for Tkachuk

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Pasta is certainly worth more as one of the premier goalscorers in the league, but I think the $3 million dollar cap difference makes it closer than people think.

I'm not even sure what makes sense as an add given the Senators general lack of picks, prospects and depth and the Bruins likely wanting some roster help. I also question the Bruins wanting their two best forwards being LS wingers.

In a crazy hypothetical situation how much do the Sens add to Tkachuk/Chychrun for Pasta/Ullmark? BOS 1st 2024++?

Reactions: Tbaybruin

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Pastrnak is only 27 (at least until the end of the month) and the only winger in the league who compares to him over the last 5 years is Kucherov.

Tkachuk is a great player but this isn’t close. You just don’t trade a 27 year-old David Pastrnak unless he tell you he wants out. And there is of course no evidence of this.

To quote Joe Burrow - “he is their window”.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Clearly Ottawa needs to make changes in their core. Boston doesn’t.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
You think teams like Boston just casually trade superstars for no reason right after they sign long-term, start settling in and have families ?

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
You think teams like Boston just casually trade superstars for no reason right after they sign long-term, start settling in and have families ?
Not at all. They never have. They have also never choked two 3-1 series leads two years in a row.

Culture means a lot here.

I also caught the sarcasm and love it Kent.

People forget this team tossed Seguin, Thornton and co out when playoff results weren't coming. We were all shocked but probably shouldn't be.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Pasta has a full NMC, even if the bruins want to move Pasta (they obviously don't) they can't trade him anywhere unless he says signs off on it. And guys don't typically waive for Canadian markets.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Pasta is certainly worth more as one of the premier goalscorers in the league, but I think the $3 million dollar cap difference makes it closer than people think.

I'm not even sure what makes sense as an add given the Senators general lack of picks, prospects and depth and the Bruins likely wanting some roster help. I also question the Bruins wanting their two best forwards being LS wingers.

In a crazy hypothetical situation how much do the Sens add to Tkachuk/Chychrun for Pasta/Ullmark? BOS 1st 2024++?
Who are you getting for $3M (and less years) to make up the ~40pt difference? That’s ignoring Pasta is doing so with Pavel Zacha and Heinen.

Those point totals are going in opposite directions you would want as a Bruins fan when you swap line mates

Clearly Ottawa needs to make changes in their core. Boston doesn’t.
If they choke this series away then they certainly do.

This isn’t the trade though. Unless Ottawa is adding their 1st

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I don't think the gap is as big as some are making it out to be - but there's a gap none the less. I would assume Boston would ask for Brady and Pinto, which is closer but then Ottawa says no due to it creating a massive hole in a roster already made of Swiss Cheese.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
As stated above, Matthew Tkachuk would be a hell of a lot more interesting. Brady is excellent but he's a step below Pastrnak and no slight sweeteners will make up the difference when you're talking superstar trades. Boston would not be interested.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Pasta has been pretty quiet this series but this must be a joke. Pasta is a franchise level elite player in his prime.

If Boston and Pasta wanted to check other options and Ottawa was an option I'd assume we'd be talking Tkachuk + Pinto.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I don't think the gap is as big as some are making it out to be - but there's a gap none the less. I would assume Boston would ask for Brady and Pinto, which is closer but then Ottawa says no due to it creating a massive hole in a roster already made of Swiss Cheese.
I mean the gap this season was 36 while Tkachuck had much better line mates…

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Pastrnak has a NMC.

If he didn't have one, I don't think it's as far off as some people are making it out to be in the right context where Boston feels the need to shake things up and re-tool. Brady is always going to be worth more than his actual production level due to his #intangibles, and Boston would get approx. 3M in cap space.

Which isn't to say they would or should do it. Only that it isn't an absurd trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad