Confirmed with Link: Pascal Vincent out as Head Coach

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Writing was on the wall that Vincent would be replaced . Waddell gave multiple interviews that we could see 6 new faces , that the D was pretty set , maybe a tweak or so he said , but he also said with the personell in the room they should have been much better than the results that occurred , and he was referencing the goals against . He also said it should be pretty easy to fix . Waddell viewed Pascal as part of the problem , and resolved that issue rather quickly

CalBuckeyeRob

Feb 25, 2012
Vincent needed to go. He was linked to Jarmo and did nothing special as an assistant or head coach. It was a tough spot, but building this franchise into a winner won't be easy and the team did nothing last year to make you think they had found the long term coach.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Youngguns1380

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
IMG_7885.jpeg

IMG_7887.jpeg

IMG_7888.jpeg

Our new coaching staff

Dean Youngblood - PP
Murray Chadwick - HC
Derek Sutton - Forwards
Heaver - Goalie Coach
Huey Hewitt - Defense

Reactions: CBJx614

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I had a friend text me the day Waddell was hired and he said Hartley. There certainly are things about him that make sense IF he has a good relationship with Waddell from their time in Atlanta.
  • The Thrashers were not terrible with him behind the bench considering they were still a building team
  • He's a veteran coach and known to be a hard ass which we all think we need
  • He has worked with a lot of younger developing players including Chinny
  • I suspect he speaks Russian pretty well by now after years in the KHL which would be a plus with our roster
  • Dude has won Calder Cup, Stanley Cup, NLA Swiss Championship and Gagarin Cup. He knows hockey..and probably has learned much since getting to Russia as well.

Last edited:

GoChill

Apr 19, 2007
Late? It’s mid June, technically the season isn’t even over until a team raises the Stanley Cup
It’s not late at all, every GM has people on his short list to hire as coach
He will get his man, give him time, it’s still three months before camp

Yeah it’s kind of late. Most coaches are fired within a week of the season ending or losing in the first round. If I am not mistaken every team has filled their coaching vacancies already.

But look on the bright side Waddell gets first choice of all the guys the other teams didn’t hire.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Late? It’s mid June, technically the season isn’t even over until a team raises the Stanley Cup
It’s not late at all, every GM has people on his short list to hire as coach
He will get his man, give him time, it’s still three months before camp

Yeah it’s kind of late. Most coaches are fired within a week of the season ending or losing in the first round. If I am not mistaken every team has filled their coaching vacancies already.

But look on the bright side Waddell gets first choice of all the guys the other teams didn’t hire.
Ok
Then who should have the Jackets have hired as coach from the list of newly hired coaches that were available after the season?

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
I had a friend text me the day Waddell was hired and he said Hartley. There certainly are things about him that make sense IF he has a good relationship with Waddell from their time in Atlanta.
  • The Thrashers were not terrible with him behind the bench considering they were still a building team
  • He's a veteran coach and known to be a hard ass which we all think we need
  • He has worked with a lot of younger developing players including Chinny
  • I suspect he speaks Russian pretty well by now after years in the KHL which would be a plus with our roster
  • Dude has won Calder Cup, Stanley Cup, NLA Swiss Championship and Gagarin Cup. He knows hockey..and probably has learned much since getting to Russia as well.
I've definitely had a foot in the Hartley camp since the end of the season..

Don't we have a few guys who have played for him before? Gaudreau and ....why do I wanna say Chinny?

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I've definitely had a foot in the Hartley camp since the end of the season..

Don't we have a few guys who have played for him before? Gaudreau and ....why do I wanna say Chinny?
Chinny for sure...they won a Gagarin Cup together in 2020-2021.

Reactions: CBJx614

GoChill

Apr 19, 2007
Ok
Then who should have the Jackets have hired as coach from the list of newly hired coaches that were available after the season?
Maybe Craig Berube or Dan Bylsma. If I’m not mistaken they both have won Stanley Cups. I know Berube won with the Blues and didn’t Bylsma win with Pitt? Anyway not sure we wanted one of those guys or if they would have been willing to come here anyway. My point was mainly that the coaching carousel was in full swing 6 weeks ago and is kind of winding down by now. On the calendar sure there are plenty of days left to hire a coach. I suppose it doesn’t really matter I suspect Waddell already knows who he plans to hire but that is pure speculation.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Maybe Craig Berube or Dan Bylsma. If I’m not mistaken they both have won Stanley Cups. I know Berube won with the Blues and didn’t Bylsma win with Pitt? Anyway not sure we wanted one of those guys or if they would have been willing to come here anyway. My point was mainly that the coaching carousel was in full swing 6 weeks ago and is kind of winding down by now. On the calendar sure there are plenty of days left to hire a coach. I suppose it doesn’t really matter I suspect Waddell already knows who he plans to hire but that is pure speculation.
As I understand Berube was ticketed to Toronto from the time they fired their coach
If the team didn’t want one of the guys available why hire them in the first place? To my point, there is plenty of time to get their guy. While the coaching carousel around the league is winding down it hasn’t completely stopped, hence the Jackets will pinpoint who they want from the coaches that are left (because they weren’t all that interested in the coaches that have already been hired, including former coach Scott Arneil)

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
Dan Byslma is Seattle's new head coach.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Frankly, I would be shocked if Waddell makes this move without having another person in mind and knowing they'd have an interest.

GoChill

Apr 19, 2007
As I understand Berube was ticketed to Toronto from the time they fired their coach
If the team didn’t want one of the guys available why hire them in the first place? To my point, there is plenty of time to get their guy. While the coaching carousel around the league is winding down it hasn’t completely stopped, hence the Jackets will pinpoint who they want from the coaches that are left (because they weren’t all that interested in the coaches that have already been hired, including former coach Scott Arneil)
And how could I forget we also missed out on a chance to hire Scott Arniel..just sayin’

Reactions: Fred Glover

GoChill

Apr 19, 2007
Dan Byslma is Seattle's new head coach.
I know that was kind of the point of the discussion. What coaches would have been available earlier in the summer that are not available now that perhaps the Jackets might have been interested in

Frankly, I would be shocked if Waddell makes this move without having another person in mind and knowing they'd have an interest.
Agreed

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
I know that was kind of the point of the discussion. What coaches would have been available earlier in the summer that are not available now that perhaps the Jackets might have been interested in
My bad. I misread it.

I thought maybe you had missed the news.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
There’s not a guy who was hired in this recent early offseason who would have been a guy we’d feel like we missed out on.

Oops. I’m wrong. The guy in AHL Abbotsford.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
honestly feel bad for PV here. Everything he's had in his NHL career has been a let down so far.

Wanted the CBJ HC job, didn't get it. But they liked him enough to give him a job as Larsen's top assistant.

2 years later, interviews again, doesn't get it, and is forced to stay as an assistant for a guy he doesn't know or have any relationship with.

Then that guy gets himself fired the day before camp and PV gets thrust into his dream job with no prep time as the head guy. He's also tasked with hiring an assistant coach on the fly as he's running camp that he didn't put together to coach a system he doesn't entirely know himself (he said it was Babcocks system with some tweaks).

Then your boss gets fired and the writing is on the wall for you.

Sucks, but thats the business. I hope PV lands on his feet. I think he'll be a good coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad