Confirmed with Link: Pascal Vincent Named Laval Rocket Head Coach

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
They have made alot of good decisions since taking over. I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

The real hope is that he doesn't go the same route he did in his one season in Columbus, where he wasn't the best for the young guys on a team that is rebuilding.

But for HuGo and Sedgwick to hire him for Laval, he obviously has the specific mandate to prioritize the development of the prospects. And to be fair to his time with the Manitoba Moose, he does have a better quality of prospects to work with.

Not to mention I do have faith in Daniel Jacob for the D.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

If Columbus makes a change this summer, Vincent would be one of the leading candidates to take over the job. Vincent, who is bilingual (English and French), has been successful at every level, including being named the QMJHL Coach of the Year in 2008 and the AHL's most outstanding coach in 2018. He was a longtime Winnipeg Jets assistant coach but decided to take the job leading their AHL affiliate so he could get more head coaching experience.

Vincent was described as being "extremely intelligent, truly hardworking and well spoken" by one respondent, who noted that he has a track record for connecting with players.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Don't like what transpired after him losing his job with the CBJ. But we'll see, we haven't heard his version of things; at least I haven't.

Reactions: CrAzYNiNe

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The real hope is that he doesn't go the same route he did in his one season in Columbus, where he wasn't the best for the young guys on a team that is rebuilding.

But for HuGo and Sedgwick to hire him for Laval, he obviously has the specific mandate to prioritize the development of the prospects. And to be fair to his time with the Manitoba Moose, he does have a better quality of prospects to work with.

Not to mention I do have faith in Daniel Jacob for the D.
Anything he did in Columbus I have written off as an anomaly due to how brutal that management team above him are and have been. Columbus may be the worse run organization in the league. Vincent had a good reputation prior to being thrown into the HC job.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
IMG_2079.png

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
He has a lot of high level pro experience at this point, I get the feeling that was a big thing for them. With Burrows in his new role and all the development staff, working with the top prospect is going to be a group effort anyway.
He has 10 years more experience coaching pro's than our head coach :laugh: I found that a bit funny

Reactions: Tyson

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
I'm gonna have to defer to the HuGo braintrust on this one, there was a lot of people in on this decision and they've done well with nearly everything so far. They took their time with this, I'm confident they've made a choice that's in the best interest of their prospects.

This guy seems like he was set up to fail last year, the way Babcock got fired was ridiculous and then he's the next man up to inherit that circus, not a good way to start your NHL head coaching career. Probably the worst possible way really.

Really hope he's a good choice for the group, it's obviously a very important position for the organization over the next couple of years.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Don't know much about him other than his time in Columbus to be honest.

The way I would handle the Laval job would be to give guys who could potentially replace Marty a chance. Not that I'm looking to or saying we should fire Marty, but if a French speaking coach is an absolute must (and history shows that it is) I would rather develop a coach in the minors who could take over the big club one day than hire retreads like Vignault, Bob Harley, or the same lame names we hear over and over when the job comes up.

If that's what they're doing, I'm not sure about this. If not and Vincent's here just for the ride in Laval, then okay.

TheYardMachine

Nice guy. Tries hard. Loves the game.
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2018
He a lot of experience and had a very good reputation prior to CBJ.

Im sure HuGo has a clear mandate for development and he is willing to do what is demanded! Laval will be fun to follow

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

He's an ancient Q coach, which was basically a developmental wasteland. Was the coach when LeBlanc was there and offense died ceremoniously on that roster and he did very little to develop LeBlanc positively.

Fast forward to him being in Columbus and all the young guys stagnated, regressed or are pissed off. David Jiricek was incensed. Kent Johnson didn't progress at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad