9. Suicide Squad
10. Grim Reapers
11. Gunslingers
12. Mighty Pigs

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
We're still optimistic. We had visions of landing #1 and #2 in our head, but #5 is still a good spot.
jamesduthie.jpg

"Yes, with the strong position you were in coming into today, it would definitely be easy to let yourself dream big. Well, hopefully we'll see a different team's logo come up next as we move on to pick #4. Bill?"

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Pick #4:

17.png

4. Black Aces
5. Swimming Manatees
6. Good Decisions
7. Hamilton Slackberry
8. Peppering Angus
9. Suicide Squad
10. Grim Reapers
11. Gunslingers
12. Mighty Pigs

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Pick #3:

19.png

3. Pingu H.C.
4. Black Aces
5. Swimming Manatees
6. Good Decisions
7. Hamilton Slackberry
8. Peppering Angus
9. Suicide Squad
10. Grim Reapers
11. Gunslingers
12. Mighty Pigs

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
james-duthie.jpg

"So Pingu HC's pick falls one spot to #3. Not a terrible result, but not first overall. We're now right there. The final reveal.

Bill Daly will be revealing the team that has won the top pick in the draft this year. Both of the final two candidates are picks owned by the original team in the prospect draft. The Flaming Wings came into the lottery with a 1.7% chance of picking first, whereas the Hypnotoad's All Blacks had a 57% chance between two picks, and a 17% chance with their own pick. Let's bring Bill in one last time to reveal the winner."

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Pick #1:

15.png

Which means Pick #2:

18.png

Final 2020 Draft Order for the 1st rd. of the Prospect Draft and 10th rd. of the Main Draft:

1. Flaming Wings
2. Hypnotoad's All Blacks
3. Pingu H.C.
4. Black Aces
5. Swimming Manatees
6. Good Decisions
7. Hamilton Slackberry
8. Peppering Angus
9. Suicide Squad
10. Grim Reapers
11. Gunslingers
12. Mighty Pigs

*Note: the icons in the video had teams 10 and 11 mixed up, but the results were assigned based on numbers correctly.*

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Screen-Shot-2014-03-28-at-3.45.02-PM-615x345.png

"Incredible. What a crazy result for Flaming Wings, who after disappointment earlier in the day climb all the way to pick #1 with their own pick, a rise of 5 spots. @tfong how big is this for the Flaming Wings?"

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Screen-Shot-2014-03-28-at-3.45.02-PM-615x345.png

"Incredible. What a crazy result for Flaming Wings, who after disappointment earlier in the day climb all the way to pick #1 with their own pick, a rise of 5 spots. @tfong how big is this for the Flaming Wings?"

We are all pretty stunned to be honest. It was not something we anticipated but we realize that this will help our organization rebuild faster. Lafreniere will be a tremendous boost to our organization.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
We are all pretty stunned to be honest. It was not something we anticipated but we realize that this will help our organization rebuild faster. Lafreniere will be a tremendous boost to our organization.
JamesDuthie-TradeCentre.jpg

"Absolutely. We're all obviously thrilled for you. This smile is genuine.

I want to thank all our viewers for tuning into today coast to coast. Enjoy the sunshine, and hopefully we'll have real fantasy hockey to talk about soon enough."

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
CFHF-Banner.png

2020 CFHF Fantasy League Off-Season!
As you all know, the NHL officially declared their regular season over yesterday, which means that the 2020 CFHF Fantasy League playoffs are officially cancelled. As a result, while our regular season results are perfectly unaffected, we have no playoff champion this year. Yahoo has their own method for deciding champions, just like they have their method for determining third place, but for our league these results are never considered to be official. The bonus keeper which is awarded to the playoff champion will not be awarded this year, as we have no playoff champion.

With the sudden announcement yesterday, a lot of work needs to be done in order to get us ready for the prospect draft. I had actually forgotten exactly how much work it is, and I am now playing catch-up a bit. In particular, the draft board needed to be created, the rosters and free agents will need to be entered into a spreadsheet for tracking trades and eventually creating the Available Players List, the Prospect List needs to be updated with Games Played as of the end of the season, and several wiki pages need to be refreshed or created. As I am a bit limited right now in the times that I can work on these, I am going to give myself up to this weekend to make sure everything is ready, because opening trades adds a huge amount of work on top of those things.

A couple of things that are currently open:

- Team customization and rebranding: New team names (hopefully accompanied by a flashy logo) are accepted until the start of the prospect draft. After that, you're stuck with your name for another season due to the difficulty of updating names across all relevant wiki pages after that point.
- Prospect woodchipper: A reminder that in order to wood-chip prospects to receive a 2020 4th round prospect pick, you must do this before the start of the prospect draft. Also until I update the prospect list, some prospects on this list may not be prospects anymore, and thus may not be eligible. Any prospects woodchipped after the beginning of the prospect draft will go towards the 2021 prospect draft.

Timeline for Off-Season:

• Monday, June 1st at 12am MT (midnight; morning): Trade freeze ends. Pre-keeper deadline trade window opens.

• Sunday, June 7th at 11:59pm MT (midnight; evening): Keeper deadline. All keepers must have been submitted to me in some form.

• Wednesday, June 10th at 12am MT (midnight, morning): Prospect draft opens.

The main draft for next season will be scheduled once we have a clearer picture of when the current year's NHL playoffs will end as well as when the 2020-2021 NHL season will begin. We may have a much shorter window for this draft than usual.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad