CFHF Fantasy League Part XXXII - Congratulations Horseheads and Kanye! P.D. May 1, M.D. July 1

GMOTY

• InfinityIggy

• Johnny Hoxville

• Kanye

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Truthfully it should be the best 8 teams make it. But since that's not an option I guess guaranteed playoffs...

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Better late than never...

2018 CFHF Fantasy League All-stars!

IyrzCWo.png

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Now that it's the All-star Break, I'd like to follow up on these topics with some polls. One additional suggestion was brought to my attention (something we've discussed before) which was to substitute a Saves category in place of the Losses category.

But to start with, let's vote on whether we should change our playoff format to no longer giving division winners the top spots. The prevailing mood seems to be that division winners should make the playoffs regardless, and because of the unbalanced schedule, I'm inclined to agree, even if it seems silly. So, to simplify things, there will be only two options for this poll.

With 11 votes in favour of change, the division winners will now (starting next season) obtain only a guaranteed playoff birth, with no seeding advantage.

Next poll will be regarding the TDL. Basically want to know if people really want to change it.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
With 11 votes in favour of change, the division winners will now (starting next season) obtain only a guaranteed playoff birth, with no seeding advantage.

Next poll will be regarding the TDL. Basically want to know if people really want to change it.

Seemed to me like people were okay with the TDL as is but also okay with moving it, forwards or backwards.

If going to a poll, I would put down moving it earlier. I think there would be more buyers this way as teams have more time to make the playoffs. It's harder to gauge whether you're going to make it if you're a middle-of-the-pack team and is more enticing to buy players with more weeks available.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
trade

to Peppering Angus
- Antoine Vermette
- 15th MD (Terrors)
to Killa Beez
- Brandon Sutter
- 17th MD

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
another trade

to Monsoons
- Brandon Saad
to Killa Beez
- Richard Panik
- 1st PP (Terrors)

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
and a 3rd trade....

to Angus
- Richard Panik
- 16th MD (Good Decisions)
to Killa Beez
- Thomas Vanek
- 19th MD

will be posted on yahoo once the Panik deal is approved

Last edited:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
2017-18 CFHF Fantasy League GM Summit

• Division winners will still make playoffs, but won't be gifted top seeds. (11-6 vote)
  • Trade deadline will remain one week prior to the NHL deadline. (11-6 vote)

Last item on the list is exchanging the Saves category for the Losses category. It's something that we seemingly vote on every year, but here we go again. Two different strategic angles on this one. Having losses encourages picking your spots with your goalies, but can result in GMs shutting their goalies down in a non-competitive way after one or two nights. Having saves encourages playing your goalies more than your opponent, but can result in an auto-win of a category for the GM with more goalie appearances in a given week.

Poll will be reset.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I like 'Saves' because it encourages more goalie games. So a team can't just have 2 good games to start the week and have all the categories locked up. It also benefits teams that carry 2 good goalies.
I agree. It also give a benefit to a goalie on a bad team that faces a ton a shots. Plus with having both wins and losses, it's like you are getting punished 2 fold for not getting the win

Reactions: InfinityIggy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad