Player Discussion Parker Wotherspoon (re-signed 1yr $800k)

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Can't take Spoony out after a game like that. Wotherspoon played too well to sit now. IMHO you wait until there's a reason to make a change. Peeke isn't going to be hurt by a bit more time to recover.
Agree. Don't trust Monty to pick the right one. I think we see Peeke sooner rather than later.

Reactions: duffy

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Forbort. Bruins need another defenseman who will clear the crease.

I did not like Swayman ending up at the bottom of the pile last night. Dmen need to keep the Panthers away.
Good point. It’s close.

Forbort and Wotherspoon were great might let peeke sit too.

Reactions: duffy

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I actually had more confidence with him getting the puck out of their own end than some of the vets. The safe, smart play seemed to be his calling card.

He was willing to stick up for teammates, but some off season fighting lessons wouldn't hurt.

Was hoping to see him get his first NHL goal; he came close several times.

He earned his contract, but will have to earn his roster spot in camp.

Looks like the first time in ages all Bruins' D will be at least six ft. tall.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Thought he was pretty solid in the 3rd pairing role in the playoffs. Nothing electric but just positionally sound and I actually had more faith in him moving the puck out of the defensive zone than any other 3rd pairing D we sent out.

Hope he continues to get opportunities this year.

• Haha
Reactions: Mad-Marcus

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
He's going to be 7th on the depth chart but I'm sure he'll get into a lot of games. Solid defender, not outstanding but won't be a liability either.

Felt a bit like Clifton. A certain effort to be physical, occasionally confidence with the puck to carry it through the neutral zone. Undersized but willing. Could learn a bit on fighting.

A good depth player.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Parker may have been my most pleasant surprise of last year. If Peeke slips as some here expect/hope(not me), he can easily slide back into the 3rd pairing. The perfect 7th D man if everyone else plays up to their potential.

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
liked his game last year, a real nice luxury to have as a 7th when injury happens or looking to give a D man a bit of rest

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
runs himself out of position, much less than Clifton. Cliffy hockey was feast or famine.

Completely agree. Clifton took a lot of risks jumping up in plays and sometimes it worked and sometimes it was costly. Wotherspoon doesn’t gamble like clifton did

• Wow
Reactions: Mad-Marcus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad