Player Discussion Parker Kelly

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Thought he played well after the coaching change. Really bought in and was given more responsibility. Definitely a 4th line guy that can be replaced. Would be too had if they can't come to an agreement though.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
FWIW without Chyhrun (+ used some fillers here and there):
View attachment 889823

And that's with Norris on the team, who will likely start the season on LTIR.
You're missing the overage penalty from Sanderson's bonus

Idk why people assume Norris will start on LTIR, his surgery has a 4-6 month expected recovery timeline and was done 7 months ahead of the season, if he starts the year on LTIR that's an extremely bad sign.

That 4th line is scary bad, as is having Kelly on the 3rd line.

Brannstrom is likely gone, I'd slide Kleven in that spot, Hamonic is the extra D, JBD would play over him.

Reactions: KevinRedkey

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
You're missing the overage penalty from Sanderson's bonus

Idk why people assume Norris will start on LTIR, his surgery has a 4-6 month expected recovery timeline and was done 7 months ahead of the season, if he starts the year on LTIR that's an extremely bad sign.

That 4th line is scary bad, as is having Kelly on the 3rd line.

Brannstrom is likely gone, I'd slide Kleven in that spot, Hamonic is the extra D, JBD would play over him.

I used fillers as stated. We will know more in a day or two.

I'll add the 850k for Sanderson. Didn't know about that.

Reactions: Micklebot

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Kelly is in line for about 1.8M in arbitration.
Doubtful, more likely 1.2, arbitration doesn't care if you're in a high tax state, or undesirable location, it only cares about comparable contracts, and his comparables are guys like Motte, Khaira and Fischer

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Doubtful, more likely 1.2, arbitration doesn't care if you're in a high tax state, or undesirable location, it only cares about comparable contracts, and his comparables are guys like Motte, Khaira and Fischer
18 points, PK1, decent underlying numbers, 1.8M is not out of the question.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
A replacement level 4th line LW is literally the most interchangeable part in hockey. He's just not good enough to justify paying him much more than league minimum.
Especially for a cap strapped team. And I suspect they've identified a couple they will target already. Could have a totally new 4th line next year.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Especially for a cap strapped team. And I suspect they've identified a couple they will target already. Could have a totally new 4th line next year.

For sure. This is what you pay your pro scouts for - to go find guys on the cheap who you think are ready to "break out" as role players. Look at two of the top UFA role players this year - Mike Amadio and Dakota Joshua.

Amadio is coming off a league minimum two year deal. Joshua is coming off a two year $825K deal. If Kelly isn't happy with 2x$900K, go out and find a guy you think could be the next Amadio, or the next Joshua.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dionysus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad