OT: Paris 2024 Summer Olympics: Games of the XXXIII Olympiad

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Favorite announcer comments from weightlifting. He can really jerk it and that's a good looking snatch.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
There is a guy around the corner from me here in Saint John who wears an Eagles cap. When I first saw him I was all excited because we had just moved here from Philly. "Go Birds!" I said, and he responded with "what?" and I said your cap, the Eagles?

He said "Oh, I dont really know them, someone just gave this to me".
Excitement shattered.

he still wears it everyday.

my wife and I did meet a guy with a Flyers jersey though, he was actually a fan. Rare in the Maritimes.

Why did you move here from Philly?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
JK Rowling having to stop tweeting because of a lawsuit coming out of these Olympics is hysterical.

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
Saint John, NB, Canada
Why did you move here from Philly?
you are in Saint John?

We just wanted to try someplace new, and my wife got a great job offer here. Plus, too many guns in america. kind of scary sometimes, Granted Philly isnt really all that bad in that regard. I never felt threatened there, but still lots of lunatics in the states who like to travel.

Reactions: flyersnorth

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
you are in Saint John?

We just wanted to try someplace new, and my wife got a great job offer here. Plus, too many guns in america. kind of scary sometimes, Granted Philly isnt really all that bad in that regard. I never felt threatened there, but still lots of lunatics in the states who like to travel.

Welcome to NB! I'm in Moncton, and Flyers fans are few and far between! Nice to meet another one :)

It must be a shock coming from Philly. In general, though, people are pretty chill and welcoming. You can see some Philly prospects when they come to town to play the Seadogs (and Wildcats here). I went to see Desnoyers a few times.

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
Saint John, NB, Canada
Welcome to NB! I'm in Moncton, and Flyers fans are few and far between! Nice to meet another one :)

It must be a shock coming from Philly. In general, though, people are pretty chill and welcoming. You can see some Philly prospects when they come to town to play the Seadogs (and Wildcats here). I went to see Desnoyers a few times.
Replied in DM :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad