OT: Paris 2024 Summer Olympics: Games of the XXXIII Olympiad

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Taylor Knibb has crashed like 4x in 15km ahaha. And her mechanic also crashed without even riding a bike.

God damn Triathletes trying to ride a bike lmao.

Like, this is incredible:

Just wait for the end ahahaha.

She slides almost as good as Trea Turner though.
giphy.webp

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Never really got into rugby but I'm enjoying the sevens.
That Dupont run was insane right after they called him the "closer". He captains the 15 team and they brought him to 7s just to play the second half and he returns it for a try immediately to start the half. Incredible.

6 min halves is also insane

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
That Dupont run was insane right after they called him the "closer". He captains the 15 team and they brought him to 7s just to play the second half and he returns it for a try immediately to start the half. Incredible.

6 min halves is also insane
That guy is a stud. And he scores again at the end. I know that rugby is huge in France, they will be crazy over this.

Reactions: DancingPanther

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
So the FIFA docked the Canadian team 6 points, meaning they'll have to win out to have any shot at defending their gold medal

Coach was also banned for a year

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
It is actually one of the things I look forward to in the Olympics. Working from home Thurs and Fri, I had it on most of the day. Amazed that rugby is big in France, since it so un-French. There were a few great tackles today. As for Dupont, i wonder if an NFL team or 2 would call him asking if he would like to be a RB? He could be the next Jihn Riggins or Mark Alstot.

Reactions: Jack Straw

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Men's ITT cycling should be exciting today... maybe 6-7 guys who could win and the weather sucking makes it more unpredictable.

Not so often go into a cycling TT, or tbh any other individual sport at the Olympics that mainly measures speed, and have more than 3-4 people with a shot at gold.

2021: 1:01 to 2nd, 1:04 to 3rd
2016: 0:47 to 2nd, 1:02 to 3rd
2012: 0:42 to 2nd, 1:08 to 3rd
2008: 0:33 to 2nd, 1:10 to 3rd

Should be the closest one since 2004
That was spot on. Remco won most recent worlds, olympics and TDF time trial and he's just 24.

Reactions: Appleyard

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
Did Womens Volleyball change the rule? They wear leggins now? What about team brazil?

Anyway, I've been watching non stop all day. Caught some of the early morning at 3am/4am...sons having a tough time right now sleeping so side benefit of being up

I got hooked with the World Cup last year, All Blacks

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
When was the last Olympic event where someone died? I believe it is Knut Jensen in 1960?

Because the womens surfing could be the next...

outside of the women who are on the WSL most are unequipped to surf such a big, powerful wave. And given that they are ~50kg instead of ~85kg that force is far more dangerous. Even the women who are in the Challenger Series (Euros and others not in WSL)... I mean... they might have surfed a comp with waves this big ONCE in their life, many never... and the ones BELOW challenger level... hell, this aint Hossegor or Ericeira, may as well be a different sport.

Made more stark by the fact that the best womens surfers are even more concentrated nation wise... ~9 from USA, ~6 from Aus and ~3 from Brazil. (then Hennessy for Costa Rica and Defay for France)

Only 9 of the best ~25 surfers in the world are here... 5 of the top 10 are not... and quite a few of them are not top 100. Some are not top ~200!

* same applies to a lesser extent in mens too... some of the guys in their heats just looked overawed by the volume.

Last edited:
Reactions: Young Sandwich

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
The flat course suits Remco. I don't think anyone in the world could have beat him today.
Tarling would have got Silver most likely if did not need a bike change...

but Remco eased up in last few km and Tarling lost a maximum of ~20 seconds... and was 27 seconds behind Remco. If he had kept pushing (which he would have if Tarling did not lose time) then he would have eked out another ~5 seconds or so at least too.

Would have made it more interesting in last km or so but unless you got Chris Boardman back on modern gear? Yeh... no-one is beating him on such parcours.

Reactions: Schwarbomb

Angry Hockey Dad

Michkov save us
May 30, 2013
Canada
When was the last Olympic event where someone died? I believe it is Knut Jensen in 1960?

outside of the women who are on the WSL most are unequipped to surf such a big, powerful wave. And given that they are ~50kg instead of ~85kg that force is far more dangerous. Even the women who are in the Challenger Series (Euros and others not in WSL)... I mean... they might have surfed a comp with waves this big ONCE in their life, many never... and the ones BELOW challenger level... hell, this aint Hossegor or Ericeira, may as well be a different sport.

Made more stark by the fact that the best womens surfers are even more concentrated nation wise... ~9 from USA, ~6 from Aus and ~3 from Brazil. (then Hennessy for Costa Rica and Defay for France)

Only 9 of the best ~25 surfers in the world are here... 5 of the top 10 are not... and quite a few of them are not top 100. Some are not top ~200!

* same applies to a lesser extent in mens too... some of the guys in their heats just looked overawed by the volume.

Winter Olympics 2010 didn’t a guy die in the luge?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Believe there was a luge death in Torino

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Wait wtf I just watched men's 4x100 and how did a backstroker blow away the field like that? Hunter Armstrong's split was ridiculous

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad