Proposal: Parayko to the Leafs.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
My god what are you even talking about? We aren't hoarding Parayko because we don't want anyone else to have good RHD. We are hoarding Parayko and Pietrangelo because we have no means to replace them internally and whether you believe it or not there is not guarantee Liljegren or Sandin are ready to take on that type of a role next year, which given our roster and what it was supposed to be this year we NEED someone in that role next year. We can't exactly just flutter and flutter hoping that one of the magical Leaf draft picks will give us a defensemen who is comfortable ES, PP and PK year after year. We spent to the cap this year with the intentions to be in a competitive window. Sadly this team is vastly underperforming this year, which doesn't mean that they cannot perform next year up to expectations.

Actually I agree with you. No use trading someone like Parayko when there is no one to take his place. I don't see Nylander as fit for the Blues . And unlike so many who think that if the Leafs had a RHD and times any other RHD it would spell instant success for the Leafs.
Some teams have been stacked with so called good Dmen and it hasn't led them anything past mediocrity, at times worse than mediocre.
I just said the in he my original statement, the Leafs aren't going to strip their future for Parayko or guy like Parayko. Hainsey and Zaitsev are still going to play for the Leaf this year. so Parayko actually just replace Ozzy and a few minutes each from Hainsey and Zaitsev. Hardly worth good prospects and a top winger.
And as someone who attends Marlie games, I don't see why Bracco would be considered an NHL now or in the future. It's kinda of a silly throw in for any NHL trade.

Reactions: simon IC

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
And as someone who attends Marlie games, I don't see why Bracco would be considered an NHL now or in the future. It's kinda of a silly throw in for any NHL trade.
Has Bracco's stock really fallen that far? I thought he was projected as being an excellent setup guy even though he is pretty small.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Has Bracco's stock really fallen that far? I thought he was projected as being an excellent setup guy even though he is pretty small.
not really, he's still a lottery ticket and I'd argue that the floor has risen a lot since he was drafted. He's around 5'11" and 180lbs now so probably big enough. He hasn't had the breakout AHL year that we were hoping for but he's come on a little lately. If his offense doesn't translate to the NHL, he's not an NHL'er, but that's the same boat he's always been in

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Leaf fans: we want Parayko!
Blues fans: not for an offer like that.
Leaf fans: Parayko is regressing and unnecessary.

Every time.
Every god damn time.

There's no way I'm reading through this entire train wreck of a thread, but have leafs fans brought up 5v5TOI%QoC yet? Has zeke let everyone know how overrated Parayko is yet?

:eyeroll:

Reactions: Starat327

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Every god damn time.

There's no way I'm reading through this entire train wreck of a thread, but have leafs fans brought up 5v5TOI%QoC yet? Has zeke let everyone know how overrated Parayko is yet?

:eyeroll:

You see parayko put up 28 minutes aga inst edm. I thought he looked very good as our #1. Better than petro has this year.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Given Parayko's age and the fact he still has years left on his contract, I have to think that the Blues would want something more tangible back for him.

The price is hard to pinpoint IMO.
35 points last year, this year the coach seems to see him less favorably and he is on pace for less than 23.

If he is somewhere between last year and this year from here forward, what's a 30ish point RHD @5.5m worth?

I assume he rebounds and ends up being around 40ish points at his prime.

Still....

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
The price is hard to pinpoint IMO.
35 points last year, this year the coach seems to see him less favorably and he is on pace for less than 23.

If he is somewhere between last year and this year from here forward, what's a 30ish point RHD @5.5m worth?

I assume he rebounds and ends up being around 40ish points at his prime.

Still....
We're do you get fell out if favor with coach. He just put up 28 toi, he normally gets 23. Yes he doesn't put up 50 60 pts. But he actually plays defense. You can try to degrade his worth all you want. But he is worth every penny he gets paid. Blues are not trading him.nuff said

HandshakeLineRespect

Respect in the Handshake Line
Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
It has already been mentioned in this thread probably 5 or 10 times that Parayko isn't being moved. It hasn't stopped Leaf fans from posting the same lowball offers over and over.

So, just saying the Blues aren't moving Parayko seems to have had no effect.
Yea but the Blues suck and a number of connected and respected hockey people say there are rumblings that the blues want to make changes and they have mentioned Parayko as someone who could be moved. So fans can cry foul all they want on these boards but when insiders bring stuff like this up it’s gonna make some noise.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Yea but the Blues suck and a number of connected and respected hockey people say there are rumblings that the blues want to make changes and they have mentioned Parayko as someone who could be moved. So fans can cry foul all they want on these boards but when insiders bring stuff like this up it’s gonna make some noise.
Mackenzie and Friedman, come on insiders. Get the f out of here. So far they have being throwing poo on a wall and seeing what sticks. Lol, the thought because blues are not doing good they will trade their best players for crap is hilarious

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Mackenzie and Friedman, come on insiders. Get the f out of here. So far they have being throwing poo on a wall and seeing what sticks. Lol, the thought because blues are not doing good they will trade their best players for crap is hilarious

If McKenzie says something, it has merit. Friedman can be good...or also just stirs stuff too.

Reactions: Mork

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
If McKenzie says something, it has merit. Friedman can be good...or also just stirs stuff too.

Ok when's last time one of these guys hit on something. Any way it doesn't matter. DA doesn't habe a history of making bad trades because he wants to shake things up. So let's just say blues are not trading their on good rhd. He played 28 mins and looked good doing it. Thanks but no thanks to all the offers in this thread

HandshakeLineRespect

Respect in the Handshake Line
Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
Lol this guy is throwing shade at Bob Mackenzie? Probably the most connected and well respected insider in the buisiness, that Bob Mackenzie? But let’s all run with what a bunch of know nothings say on HF boards trade forum, the most toxic of all forums. Rubbish.

Reactions: Mork

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
I don't think the Blues are keen to start their re-build by trading one of their best young(ish) dmen. They are likely going to build AROUND these two. I think it would take a kings ransom to pry either Parayko or AP out of St Louis.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
to be fair,
Kap has been solid this season
Liljegren is a blue chip prospect prob get his chance next season
2019 1st
really the only piece that is lousy is Bracco
how much do u expect to get for Parayko?

We need a second pairing defensemen to come back in the deal. That is a lot of the issue. It's not that the pieces are bad

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I don't think the Blues are keen to start their re-build by trading one of their best young(ish) dmen. They are likely going to build AROUND these two. I think it would take a kings ransom to pry either Parayko or AP out of St Louis.
Exactly.

GSP2018

Nov 20, 2018

Doesn’t matter Leafs fans want him. So he must be traded to them.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Thanks for confirming my beliefs, that this one magical RHD, or any RHD is going to transform the Leafs into Cup winners. Maybe it just better to stay the course, keep Nylander and a prospect like Lilijegren and settle for the 5th GAA.
How can you not understand that adding a guy like Parayko or Pietrangelo would make Toronto a much more dangerous team? And if you can do it for a guy like Nylander, you have to do it. (Obviously if Pietrangelo would re-sign at a good deal). It doesn’t matter if they have the 5 best GAA. It’s regular season. Their defence got exposed at time in the playoffs. It’s a no brainer.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
We need a second pairing defensemen to come back in the deal. That is a lot of the issue. It's not that the pieces are bad
ok yeah I agree. and as a fan Id rather it be Kap but I know its not enough. leafs would have to add another blue chip to this offer. but would make more sense

I wonder what people would think with Dermott being part of the deal.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Lol this guy is throwing shade at Bob Mackenzie? Probably the most connected and well respected insider in the buisiness, that Bob Mackenzie? But let’s all run with what a bunch of know nothings say on HF boards trade forum, the most toxic of all forums. Rubbish.
I'm saying he and Friedman have been just saying sheet. That's their jib. What has he predicted that actually happened

Ad

Ad

Ad