Post-Game Talk: Panthers powerplay in midseason form, Bruins in postseason form. 6-4 Cats W

Excitement level going into this season?

• YES HOCKEY'S BACK

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • I have ascended and life is complete

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
As I said, I’m going to agree to disagree on this point (although, granted, that’s somewhat disingenuous on my part since, after all, I’m the one who came to your board. I just wanted to give 98% props to you guys, but also keep 2% in reserve for myself. Guilty as charged!) Until the playoffs, if we make it.

1728504794874.png

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
And also, do we need to be pricks to absolutely every person that isn’t a normie on this board? Some people do genuinely stop by to engage with good intentions.

I think we've been pretty mild outside of shots at Marchand. I poked some fun at the (very numerous and aggressive) comments on the Boston board about how they needed to go out and SEND A MESSAGE last night. I don't think that was being a prick, tbh.

The only thing I will add is that Oilers fans who came onto our board after games 4-5-6 to shitpost aggressively were left free and clear all summer, while TIP has now been permabanned for sending someone a screenshot of a post they made a while back. From my point of view, when people come in here knowing that there won't be any consequences outside of this board, they should at least get their money's worth here.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
And also, do we need to be pricks to absolutely every person that isn’t a normie on this board? Some people do genuinely stop by to engage with good intentions.
In principle I agree with this 100%. Some people mean well. Maybe BTO does.

However. In my many years of practical experience here, I’ve only seen them do a bait and switch after they ingratiate themselves onto a gullible fan base (myself included) that (until last year) wanted someone to say something nice about the team.

Fool me once… also, the two geniuses Albert Einstein and Yogi Berra remarked that “in theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is”.

Reactions: Egblad

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
I'm back (for now).
My thoughts on last night:
- Bennett had himself a game.
- Forsling and Reinhart were in peak form.
- Barkov looked deadly but not quite in peak form.
- Samoskevich didn't impress when he wasn't on the puck, which must happen for Maurice to keep him up.
- Adam Boqvist looked awful in the four minutes he played.
- Balinskis was fine.
- I was pretty happy with everybody else.

Reactions: BabyBennettov

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
I’ll be as quick as I can to take immediate action if I think someone’s motive is to troll. So will @Chaos2k7. I just try to give the benefit of the doubt first and maybe that’s naive on my behalf.

And I also never, ever go to their boards to even read because I know it’ll just piss me off.

• Haha
Reactions: Chaos2k7

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I’ll be as quick as I can to take immediate action if I think someone’s motive is to troll. So will @Chaos2k7. I just try to give the benefit of the doubt first and maybe that’s naive on my behalf.

And I also never, ever go to their boards to even read because I know it’ll just piss me off.
I do read other boards, it makes our home forum seem tame. When you all stress me out I remember it could be worse.

• Haha
Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013

Reading an opponent's game thread after beating the brakes off them is the best part about this site lol, you're missing out (this only applies to relevant teams, I won't read say Columbus or Minnesota's board ever)

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad