Post-Game Talk: Panthers powerplay in midseason form, Bruins in postseason form. 6-4 Cats W

Excitement level going into this season?

• YES HOCKEY'S BACK

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • I have ascended and life is complete

Votes: 20 58.8%

• Total voters

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I really don’t want to get into it right now, and certainly not on your board, I will save that for the GDTs and series threads in the playoffs (if, you know, we make it), but it’s not the physicality and relentless forecheck, and overall relentlessness in all aspects of the game (like you never pass-up an opportunity to finish your check and hit a guy. Like ever. It’s beautiful to behold to tell you the truth 😍), that gets us upset.
True, but we do have plenty of guys to answer the bell. Tkachuk is a terrible fighter somehow but a great shit disturber.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Any word about Adam boqvist? I was surprised he never came back, thought he would’ve got some stitches and maybe a shield and would continued but that worries me if he got hit near the eye or broke his jaw or something

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I liked everything about that game, except how they played defensively at times. The game delivered on the entertainment factor as well. All of Boston REALLY hates Bennett and Tkachuk. :laugh:
Oh they hate Barky and Reino and Fors as well.

Or they don’t know numbers and think 15 is 16, judging by how they pick on Lundell.

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002
1728493377286.jpeg

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Bruins fan here. This might be blasphemy but can I adopt your team? You guys play hockey the way I think it’s supposed to be played, and the way we used to play it (well, except for Tkachuk’s and Bennet’s “antics”, but we’ll agree to disagree on that, for now 😉). This is how the hockey gods intended the game to be played:

f*** plays: pound their f***ing D 😍

You had me until this part. Your captain licked guy’s faces until the league made him stop. Lucic ran Miller and gave him a concussion for zero reason. It’s also amazing how Marchand has “cleaned up” his game now that he doesn’t have Chara to hide behind.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
You had me until this part. Your captain licked guy’s faces until the league made him stop. Lucic ran Miller and gave him a concussion for zero reason. It’s also amazing how Marchand has “cleaned up” his game now that he doesn’t have Chara to hide behind.
As I said, I’m going to agree to disagree on this point (although, granted, that’s somewhat disingenuous on my part since, after all, I’m the one who came to your board. I just wanted to give 98% props to you guys, but also keep 2% in reserve for myself. Guilty as charged!) Until the playoffs, if we make it.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Bruins fans are having a meltdown on their boards. Their current hypothesis appears to be that a) panthers are cowards, and b) their big mean tough guys have been told by the coach to play nice polite and draw penalties.

Well, they’re blind idiotic self-pity douchebags who have yet to understand how to win hockey games.

• Haha
Reactions: Idiot Stick

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Bruins fans are having a meltdown on their boards. Their current hypothesis appears to be that a) panthers are cowards, and b) their big mean tough guys have been told by the coach to play nice polite and draw penalties.

Well, they’re blind idiotic self-pity douchebags who have yet to understand how to win hockey games.
i enjoy reading those in the morning
449123412_869284058580679_1427779299356135864_n.jpg

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
i enjoy reading those in the morning
View attachment 914018
This reminds me was pretty shitty of Korpisalo to not pump Bob’s tires.

As I said, I’m going to agree to disagree on this point (although, granted, that’s somewhat disingenuous on my part since, after all, I’m the one who came to your board. I just wanted to give 98% props to you guys, but also keep 2% in reserve for myself. Guilty as charged!) Until the playoffs, if we make it.
So you wouldn’t take Tkachuk and Bennett on the Bruins?

Reactions: KW

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
This reminds me was pretty shitty of Korpisalo to not pump Bob’s tires.

So you wouldn’t take Tkachuk and Bennett on the Bruins?
As I just posted on the Bennett thread on the main board:

I f***ing hate Bennett. I would take him as the Bruins’ 2nd-line centre in a heartbeat. Then we could pump him for Maurice’s secrets: “Benny, what are Maurice’s secrets?” Benny: “hit”.

As for Tkachuk, sure, I’d take Brady.

Edit: I actually don’t hate Bennett at all. I love him. Tkachuk not so much.

Edit 2: I loved Maurice’s comment on Bennett after you won the Cup last year (actually I loved all of Maurice’s comments): I saw Sam Bennett smile for the first time in two years. That’s a hockey player in my book.

Dammit I’m getting sucked-in. Must. Resist.
See you all in the playoffs!

Last edited:

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002
Just watched highlights again. It seems we've got 7th fan in the stands this season. Nice to see

• Haha
Reactions: Chaos2k7

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I don’t know if Monty is telling his guys to do it or if he’s telling them not to and they just don’t listen to him. But man they think way too much about trying to start fights than actually winning a hockey game. They practically did it throughout the whole playoff series and to try it again last night is wild.

I mean better for us so I’m not complaining. But man that’s crazy.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
What a first Game of the Season, what a great Moment saw the Banner raise.
I wont be able to see a lot of Games this Season, Its getting harder standing up after lay down on 3 AM, also my work process getting more and more.

But first Periode was amazing when you score 4 in the first. But after we scored the first i got a bit worried.
If Korpisalo is healthy or the Stress was big, when you watch the Replay you can see his Eyes was climbing like on a nerve disorder. So it looked for me, never saw something crazy like that.

Also great that our 4th Line scored, Benny again bullied and get bullied and then you think. This is now the usual Boston vs. Panthers Game look alike. Fighting cross check here and there and they lost again and we won another Season Opener.

What more can you want at 1 AM watching the first Season Game.

Reactions: KW

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany

Sorry but after Yesterday no one can say Florida isnt Hockey crazy. When one Part of the State leave the Area and another Hurrican on the Way with an Class 5 Hurrican in the Area.

And the only thing you have in Mind its Season Opening Night. That what i would could Hockey Fanatic.

Benny worked so hard to get his Hattrick on Opening Night, it wasnt there for him. Thats bad

Reactions: Howboutthempanthers

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
As I just posted on the Bennett thread on the main board:

I f***ing hate Bennett. I would take him as the Bruins’ 2nd-line centre in a heartbeat. Then we could pump him for Maurice’s secrets: “Benny, what are Maurice’s secrets?” Benny: “hit”.

As for Tkachuk, sure, I’d take Brady.

Edit: I actually don’t hate Bennett at all. I love him. Tkachuk not so much.

Edit 2: I loved Maurice’s comment on Bennett after you won the Cup last year (actually I loved all of Maurice’s comments): I saw Sam Bennett smile for the first time in two years. That’s a hockey player in my book.

Dammit I’m getting sucked-in. Must. Resist.
See you all in the playoffs!
LOL your captain has more suspensions than everybody on the Panthers combined, and he was a total prick who constantly ran around doing dirty, dangerous shit right up until his body guard Chara left. And you bitch about a shit starter like Tkachuk GTFOH with that homer bullshit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad