Post-Game Talk: Panthers powerplay in midseason form, Bruins in postseason form. 6-4 Cats W

Excitement level going into this season?

• YES HOCKEY'S BACK

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • I have ascended and life is complete

Votes: 19 63.3%

• Total voters

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
They managed to make me feel better about my beer league play… “How did I let that slip under my stick!?!” “How did I miss the empty net!?!” … at times these bums like *cough* Ek were no better!

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
The entire team is worse because Zito had to downgrade in every spot where they had personnel changes. On paper... Greer is worse than Lomberg, Schmidt is worse than OEL, Nosek is worse than Stenlund, JBo is worse than Tarasenko, ABo is a significant downgrade from Montour, Cousins as pot stirrer will be missed...

I don't think that the Panthers will be a top5 team in the league, more like a top10 team, in this season.
A worse team than in the playoffs but not worse team than one year ago. Panthers started the 23-24 regular season with injured players, now all key players are healthy.

Offense is good and if something is needed, it can be acquired at the TDL like they did last year when Tarasenko and Okposo came. Defense is problematic, one or two guys need to step up and take a bigger role.

I don't expect Panthers to dominate but think that they can be top 2 team in the division and when playoffs come, it's hard to beat them because of the accumulated winning experience.

We need to re-sign Sam Bennett
I doubt it happens. I think he walks and Lundell will be 2C. I just don't see how they could keep Bennett and have a competitive defense at the same time. Players also develop which means that Lundell needs to get a bigger role if he shows that he is ready.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Also Balls was very good tonight. Got him for league minimum for two years still. Boom.
Loved the way he looked out there, didn’t skip a beat from what I saw out of him last year. Surprised they gave him the spot over Schmidt but that’s not because I don’t think he can handle it, he absolutely can. Nice to have a solid 7th regardless of who it is. Also nice to see him run the point on pp2

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Greer making his presence felt, he should fit in here just fine. And I loved that whole play on the gadjo goal led by Jesper. Something I realllllly liked when watching his highlights is how smooth he carries the puck in flight. Keeps it very close to the body. Watching him on that rush just looked pretty and was expecting a nice shooting opportunity and maintains possession and delivers a perfect pass to gadjo. I think he’ll be very solid for us

Reactions: Chino Oscar

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
7 million is a f***ing joke.

I think it's a good contract for both parties. This contract will kick in when Verhaeghe is 29 years old, and he's a 30/30 type of player at this stage of his career. His general clutchness is certainly a factor that makes this contract more appealing, but I wouldn't say this was some kind of ridiculous steal.

I'm happy with it, the player could have gotten more AAV on the open market, but not that much more. What really makes this a wonderful signing is that this is becoming a trend with players shaving some off the top to have a better chance of winning.

Don't need to get a steal on one or two guys to build a winner and stay a winner. Need management to identify the right guys, avoid boat anchor contracts, and yes, to get guys to take a little bit less when it's reasonable.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad