Waived: Panthers place Olli Juolevi on waivers, claimed by Detroit

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
It's a shame if Juolevi gets claimed, but he obviously needs games to work his way back to form and the competition isn't helping things.

Reactions: BabyBennettov

airbud

Dec 24, 2019
can't imagine him getting claimed if lindbolm, supposedly better player passes through the same waivers no one felt like snagging him

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
can't imagine him getting claimed if lindbolm, supposedly better player passes through the same waivers no one felt like snagging him

I think Lindbohm was more of a respect thing, nobody wants to start another Carolina-Montreal. But yeah I don't think Juolevi falls in the category of guaranteed claim. I can see him slipping through.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
doh. I guess this guy wasn't good enough for you guys either. lol.
This move is more about numbers game, he's played well and shown promise in the games as a Panther (apparently, I haven't personally seen that many games, but I trust our board's opinion). However:

1) he can't stay healthy to save his life
2) Brunette probably prefers a more experienced Carlsson, he'd have go through waivers as well, so it was a choice between those two
and most importantly 3) Lindbohm brings a physical element our 3rd pairing has lacked the whole season, even if Lindbohm doesn't work out, it's worth trying

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
This move is more about numbers game, he's played well and shown promise in the games as a Panther (apparently, I haven't personally seen that many games, but I trust our board's opinion). However:

1) he can't stay healthy to save his life
2) Brunette probably prefers a more experienced Carlsson, he'd have go through waivers as well, so it was a choice between those two
and most importantly 3) Lindbohm brings a physical element our 3rd pairing has lacked the whole season, even if Lindbohm doesn't work out, it's worth trying

Juolevi is essentially on the last leg of his ability to live off from his draft status, there's really nothing else going for him.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
That's not true. OJ is a capable 6D with great size, great reach, and great hockey IQ.
If you need a 7D and have room for a young LHD with upside, he's worth taking for free.

Sure, nothing wrong with a free asset but there's free assets all over the place if GMs are willing to do their homework. There's no point acquiring a dman who can't play because of either him being at the sickbay or getting smothered by the amount of other willing and able dmen.
He's got like 99 games of pro hockey in six years between now and when he was drafted. Even Borgstrom who is, also, considered to be a bust has played ~60 games more games than him. Maybe this hockey thing isn't meant for him if he can't string together a healthy season with decent point totals and defensive plays.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
On the bright side, I hope this means Kiersted is our 7D next year. He's yet to have an extended look, and even though he's looked positively lost at times, at other times he's looked great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad