Rumor: Panthers looking to move prospect Adam Mascherin

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Here's hoping Chia can get on this.

Which is exactly the reason he wont lol.... :(

I'm optimistic actually. This is precisely the type of deal that Chiarelli said he is looking for recently. He wants prospects closer to making the NHL. Not that this kid will be ready for a year or two, but he's closer than whatever we would get with a mid round pick and middling prospect.

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017
This kid and what? NHL GM's don't trade 1st round picks for prospects like this guy.

There is a 0% chance Mascherin fetches a 1st round pick.

There are serious flaws with his game.

If the Panthers can get a late 2nd rounder for him, they've done well.

I expect them to get a 3rd.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
think he's worth a mid 2nd still... He will be closer than a prospect at that position.
that's not the way it works. Older draftees are generally worth less. Being hard to sign is not exactly a positive, to most sane GM's.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Canes have Hudson Elynuik who looks like they can't sign and will re-enter the draft. Florida has Mascherin who they can't sign and will re-enter the draft.

Elynuik: 6'5", 195, 3rd round 2016, 31G, 86P in 71 games this year
Mascherin: 5'9", 197, 2nd round 2016, 40G, 86P in 67 games this year.

Maybe trade one for the other and hope the team that receives them can sign them? At this point, it seems like both are destined to go back into the draft though so probably not realistic.

Unless a team thinks they can get him signed, not sure any trade is viable.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Any news on this front?
I believe it was on the 31 thoughts podcast they said Florida offered him up to the league for a third and no one bit. Or maybe it was McKenzie. They also said he was playing a dangerous game because it's unlikely he gets drafted any higher than he did so he's unlikely to see the bonuses he would if he signed prior to the draft.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I’m sure they can get a 5th rounder or so from a team confident they could sign him. He’s won’t get close to a second though.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Canes have Hudson Elynuik who looks like they can't sign and will re-enter the draft. Florida has Mascherin who they can't sign and will re-enter the draft.

Maybe trade one for the other and hope the team that receives them can sign them? At this point, it seems like both are destined to go back into the draft though so probably not realistic.

2nds for both.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Not a bad proposal at all. I'd probably do that. But we would need to unload Pysyk. Anyway we can work

Pysyk + #34 overall + Mascherin

For

Braun + Labanc

Personally, I have no interest in Pysyk and Labanc is valuable to us so we're probably not going to be good with that swap being added to the deal.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010

I was looking through stats and Elynuik stuck out. Looking at the video his skating leaves A TON to be desired. Hard to tell when a kid is 6'5 200lbs if his stats are skill based, or if he is just big enough to bully the other young guys.

Id be interested from a Leafs perspective, but probably wouldn't offer more than a 3rd (he was a 3rd rounder) or a prospect who we have signed if your looking for someone a bit further along in development.

Maybe a Josh Leivo?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Personally, I have no interest in Pysyk and Labanc is valuable to us so we're probably not going to be good with that swap being added to the deal.

Fair enough. Just figured I'd try to replace Braun with a NHL player but I know you guys got some young prospects on their way up.

Still a solid original proposal. The added bonus on Braun is Boughner already knows his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad