GDT: Panthers at Sabres, 7:00 PM EDT, October 12, 2024

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I’m more concerned about Cozens now than I was all last year when I was concerned about Cozens the whole year. Quinn and Kulich getting going around him is nice…but man…they’re doing it around him. We know he needs his wingers to drive the line…but he’s not even going with them right now. His play around the net is…the worst I’ve ever seen? Literally? He needs to move to wing…get off the pp…and, honestly, be on the third line when Peterka gets back. No I don’t like Kulich at center given his level of experience in this league. Yes I would do it to avoid watching Cozens cast anchor on that line for one more shift.
Cozens is just a hockey dumbass. It sucks but not completely unfixable. Not a center tho

blingo22

May 4, 2006
I don’t even know how to explain Owen Power as a player to a casual watcher. He had 0’s all across the stat sheet but he is so good.

The way he makes plays and molds the opponent into breaking down exactly how he wants them in order to open up the ice for his teammates, or to get the puck out, or to keep a play alive. It’s so impressive.

He’s always had good underlying numbers but he’s taken a quantum leap to the eye test this year. He looks incredible.

He's improved this year for sure. Still a few hiccups in the timing of his passing (sometimes I feel the recipient is just not anticipating the play, when they could have) and d-zone positioning decisions, but much more engaged.

Reactions: K8fool

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Thachook was sick.awwww. Sniffles. Little cheap cheaty child simp. If you intimidate them thachucks they fold and nobody knows that more than ruff and Vegas.

So Gilbert played but malenstyn sat there like an unused missile. Who cares chad you hack.

Now Barkov ,he’s a great player or at least he’s become one since he became physical and dished back what he was served lately. Verhage is there best player and Reinhart certainly didn’t look worthy of Levi as he shrunk like many times in Buffalo.

Don’t minimize this game chad ya tool.

They dominated the supposed best team by hammering them all night till they hesitated forechecking and essentially gave up.

Take your possession maps and combine them w the complete checking game the Sabres played and your bs might have some real meaning. Screw u lil chad .

The only only two that didn’t play that’ll we’ll have to dominate to prove this wasn’t a one time early year beat down is bobrovsky and barkov. I don’t even get paid for this.

That would be something if they stomped bob and they’ll have three more chances so we will find out in a couple weeks.

Hey Chadly

We didn’t have peterka. , benson is still hurt , no aube kubel. No lafferty and we chose to play krebs on the first line ,. No upl ..and Dahlin is nicked. Why aren’t you crying for us ya simp.

Hmmm. Ya clickbait douche. I like our odds when BOTH teams are healthy. If the nhl doesn’t intervene . Eat it chad w Hamilton and the rest of you lazy fooks and a tired narrative. I give you props for admitting they dominated LA. Now go away and do better.

Last edited:

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
One more. Apologies

These kids. Ours. Got down a goal and Levi bailed them twice . The team never seemed to waver . Beside Sir, just fook it and go to the net , Jordan Greenway, I’m fond of tuch always and Gilbert was a masterful pickup for division games. Props to the D , 75 plays well in structure.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
Happy for the win, but they exploited a team missing two elite forwards, with their backup whiffing on a couple of softies.
Chad?we played our backup , We were down jj, kubel lafferty , benson and dahlin not right and krebs anchoring the first line. Don’t minimize the last two nights please.

Our real test now is the penguins at home where we feeb all the time.

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
I’m more concerned about Cozens now than I was all last year when I was concerned about Cozens the whole year. Quinn and Kulich getting going around him is nice…but man…they’re doing it around him. We know he needs his wingers to drive the line…but he’s not even going with them right now. His play around the net is…the worst I’ve ever seen? Literally? He needs to move to wing…get off the pp…and, honestly, be on the third line when Peterka gets back. No I don’t like Kulich at center given his level of experience in this league. Yes I would do it to avoid watching Cozens cast anchor on that line for one more shift.
I know this won't come as a surprise to the old-guard here. I've been harping on Cozens before and even during his best year because he just doesn't make a lot of good plays around the ice. He's nearly always a step or two behind the play in both ends. Relying on him for 2C minutes in today's NHL is basically suicide for playoff chances IMO. I truly think it's time to try something else and hopefully Lindy is seeing it. When he talked about that line last night, he specifically mentioned Quinn and Kulich were making plays, not Cozens.

He'll never be worth this contract, so they have a couple options. Try to trade him to a team willing to take a risk, buy him out at the lower rate (doubtful) or put him at wing. Perhaps there, he can shine and eventually take over Tuch's role. He played wing here early on and I remember being impressed. It might've been new, shiny car syndrome, but if that and his World Championships are any indication, he truly might find his way when he's not relied upon to be the brains of his line.

One other issue with him is that he seems to shrink under the pressure. Look at him these last few games. He's flubbing nearly everything coming his way and simply can't be relied upon as one of your main scorers. All that said, he's developed into a strong PK'er, decent at draws and has some grit. But a lot of that is all for naught if he's being paid $7M and shoots at 5%. My preference would be to find a change of scenery trade if you can somehow get another Center in the deal, but doubtful that something like that is sitting out there. Just hoping Ruff can figure this out sooner rather than later and adjust.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Only caught bits and pieces live, then the highlights. Well-deserved and desperately needed W - I was getting close to exiting some blackpilled group chats. Long season, lotta hockey, etc.

Very happy to see Greenway playing the impactful style many of us could see in him.

1000013531.jpg

The Jordan Greenway: not so bucolic and charming to the opponents he's grinding into dust.

Last edited:

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
I know this won't come as a surprise to the old-guard here. I've been harping on Cozens before and even during his best year because he just doesn't make a lot of good plays around the ice. He's nearly always a step or two behind the play in both ends. Relying on him for 2C minutes in today's NHL is basically suicide for playoff chances IMO. I truly think it's time to try something else and hopefully Lindy is seeing it. When he talked about that line last night, he specifically mentioned Quinn and Kulich were making plays, not Cozens.

He'll never be worth this contract, so they have a couple options. Try to trade him to a team willing to take a risk, buy him out at the lower rate (doubtful) or put him at wing. Perhaps there, he can shine and eventually take over Tuch's role. He played wing here early on and I remember being impressed. It might've been new, shiny car syndrome, but if that and his World Championships are any indication, he truly might find his way when he's not relied upon to be the brains of his line.

One other issue with him is that he seems to shrink under the pressure. Look at him these last few games. He's flubbing nearly everything coming his way and simply can't be relied upon as one of your main scorers. All that said, he's developed into a strong PK'er, decent at draws and has some grit. But a lot of that is all for naught if he's being paid $7M and shoots at 5%. My preference would be to find a change of scenery trade if you can somehow get another Center in the deal, but doubtful that something like that is sitting out there. Just hoping Ruff can figure this out sooner rather than later and adjust.
He’s young , really young growing up in small town. and got pummeled. He’ll be fine. I bet adams was right to sign him although no athlete should be paid more than the rest of us

Only caught bits and pieces live, then the highlights. Well-deserved and desperately needed W - I was getting close to exiting some blackpilled group chats. Long season, lotta hockey, etc.

Very happy to see Greenway playing the impactful style many of us could see in him.

View attachment 916064

The Jordan Greenway: not so bucolic and charming to the opponents he's grinding into dust.
Hey couldn’t agree more . Take yr like down on combs goal song abuse. I added to it. Apologies. I shouldn’t have posted that , peace. If not I’ll delete.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
If Levi doesn't steal the starting job they may just split the games 50/50 this year. He clearly looks ready now. It'll be interesting to see who plays on Wednesday. My guess is they go back to UPL and unless a guy gets a shutout, each guy just gets every other game.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
If Levi doesn't steal the starting job they may just split the games 50/50 this year. He clearly looks ready now. It'll be interesting to see who plays on Wednesday. My guess is they go back to UPL and unless a guy gets a shutout, each guy just gets every other game.
eh, he had a couple of lucky breaks go his way. (it';s about time we caught some breaks.)
one from Samson off the shaft of his stick, one from Samson he bobbled in the air, but overall, he was damn solid. I still cannot get over how quick he is side to side and up and down.

eyes on the prize.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad