Post-Game Talk: 8-1 loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHeat0279

Jun 15, 2024
Hello panther's fans, new here and more into basketball than hockey but I am here supporting our florida team. From my short understanding of the game we did not come out playing the defense the panthers are known for and in my opinion that let the Oilers unleash their offense. Our goalie did not have a good game either. I believe if Florida plays defense the way the are accustomed to, we will have a chance to win it on Tuesday. Oilers capitalized on our bad defense tonight and that can be fixed. Statistically we should not lose the series.

Reactions: iam76 and Felidae

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Theres no sugar coating this. It’s not even about the loss, it’s the way we lost giving them an ENORMOUS injection of confidence.
We've been blown out just in these POs and bounced back like a completely different team.

This team has shown me enough that I'm not worried just yet. If this happens in game 5, then yeah sure I'll start to feel it

Reactions: mariG and Marco 85

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Not sure if a complete blowout is actually the best result for Edmonton, as it will surely fire up the Panthers for the next game. They got embarrassed this game, and will surely do everything they can to have it not happen again.

A heartbreaking OT loss or something might've been worse for us in a way. Maybe it's copium, but this is where my mind is at.

I don't agree, sorry. This is a beat down of the worst type and will give them energy. We looked like a junior squad out there for two periods.

I guess the only positive would be that they went balls out with flying everyone over and talking like it's just normal business and the job is done. They took a test and failed miserably. Nothing but up from here.

But it's a horrible look. I wouldn't even be sure to throw Bob out there next game, he's a mental midget who gets crushed once and may lose his confidence for weeks.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
ffs on monday at work every f***ing co-worker gonna be asking me what happen... all these people who never seen a NHL game in there life even on TV.

Only they know I'm a Panthers fan and the media keeps talking about the finals because all the finns. Never seen so much coverage of it in Finland before

Miami Panther

Jun 24, 2006
Miami, FL
Theres no sugar coating this. It’s not even about the loss, it’s the way we lost giving them an ENORMOUS injection of confidence.
Could also be a false sense of confidence. Easy to get cocky after one game when you blow the other team out. I mean it took a gifted 5 on 3 to finally break through on the PP

Edit: also most if not all of their stars points came after the game was out of reach. It’s not like they were the ones who blew this open

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
sky is falling?

A loss is a loss. Can handle that. This is just a blowout. No effort / structure whatsoever

Would also be nice if effing Tkachuk actually did something else than punching people in the face during breaks

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Could also be a false sense of confidence. Easy to get cocky after one game when you blow the other team out. I mean it took a gifted 5 on 3 to finally break through on the PP

Edit: also most if not all of their stars points came after the game was out of reach. It’s not like they were the ones who blew this open
And Stoli made the initial save! Puck rolled over his shoulder and just sat there.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
A loss is a loss. Can handle that. This is just a blowout. No effort / structure whatsoever

Would also be nice if effing Tkachuk actually did something else than punching people in the face during breaks

He's been a ghost, just like Reinhart. Tkachuk especially is has been a f***ing tourist.

Reactions: Mogo

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011

But if he sometimes have to do it it was correct spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad