Rumor: Panthers and Verhaeghe nearing 6 year extension in 8-8.5 area

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
He'll be 30 when the contract starts. I don't like signing players until their 35 closing in on 36, but I think if you can get decent production for 4 years it's worth it.

Florida is in all in window and with Barkov/Tkachuk/Reinhart/Verhaeghe they have a 5 year window

Verhaeghe is neither getting the max cap hit nor ceiling which is rare for top caliber UFA

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Skeletorrr

May 15, 2011
Finland
He'll be 30 when the contract starts. I don't like signing players until their 35 closing in on 36, but I think if you can get decent production for 4 years it's worth it.
I think he's one of those players whose game doesn't decline as much with age given his playstyle.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He's had two nice years, but seems a bit rich. Maybe this is what things cost in the new NHL? He'll be 30 yo before the new contract starts.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Not worth anything because they allow more than biased Leafs fans to reply, sure.

Oh your poll is back firing and now it is biased Leaf fans. Maybe you are just off on your assessment of the two players. That doesn't mean Carter sucks, he is just no Nylander and pretty laughable to compare the two.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
70+ point player plus proven playoff performer absolutely deserves $8-$8.5M

Crazy how well Florida's core player ages line up:
Barkov, Bennet, Verhaeghe, Reinhart, Forsling, Ekblad (might be on his way out, but whatever), Mikkola all 28. Tkachuk a couple years younger.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
When Nylander is winning it is biased Leaf fans, when he is losing it is 100% unbiased and factual.
No I told you about biased Leafs fans, when you said HF polls don't mean a thing, and before I posted the actual poll, you declared a winner as soon as the votes were in Nylanders favor.

You really pick and choose your spots lol.

The results are what I expected, and predicted, you not so much.

• Haha
Reactions: HockeyVirus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad