Rumor: Panthers among at least 5 teams (BOS, COL, DAL & NYI) interested in d-man Ryan Suter

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
For sure its all downhill, but he'll still be a solid 2nd pair guy for at least 2 more seasons. That's all we need. He s slowing down, but he's still a very smart player. He gets beat eveey now and then, but he-s not Yandle and he wont be Yandle bad for the duration of the contract if its 2 years or less.

I wouldn't mind him if it's cheap but that's probably the problem, too many teams interested and someone will pay him.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
For sure its all downhill, but he'll still be a solid 2nd pair guy for at least 2 more seasons. That's all we need. He s slowing down, but he's still a very smart player. He gets beat eveey now and then, but he-s not Yandle and he wont be Yandle bad for the duration of the contract if its 2 years or less.

You can’t discount the veteran presence and leadership especially with this young group that we have. This team hasn’t lacked true veteran leadership since Willie Mitchell was here. I’m not saying he’s the leader Mitchell is but he would have a similar impact.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
You can’t discount the veteran presence and leadership especially with this young group that we have. This team hasn’t lacked true veteran leadership since Willie Mitchell was here. I’m not saying he’s the leader Mitchell is but he would have a similar impact.

I agree, especially for the blueline. Ek, Weegs, and Forsling could all learn a lot from Suter.

Reactions: IceManCat

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
really hope this isn't true. i'd love adding suter for 1, maybe even 2 years, but no way 4 years seems like a good idea.

I wouldn't lose sleep if it's a year too long or a mill to high. Our Cup window is open NOW, finally, and will close in four or five years. If that means we take on a less-than-perfect contract to put us over the top, then so be it.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I hope to shit they didnt buy out Yandle only to replace him with Suter for 4 years man.

Q didn't scratch Yandle because they had a deal concerning his ironman streak but rather Q genuinely considered him as an irreplaceable veteran dman. So, now we're getting his replacement...

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015

giphy.gif

Reactions: HockeyRulez

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
lol buying out Yandle's contract only to wound up with another Yandle-type contract.
Why do you keep making this comparison? The two players are nothing alike; they play completely different games.

Yes, there is risk in signing someone of Suter's age but Yandle had become an absolute disaster, which has yet to happen with Suter. I'd rather see Zito roll the dice, provided there's no NTC/NMC.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Yandle had become an absolute disaster, which has yet to happen with Suter.

So Zito should be paying $4milx4 for the privilege of witnessing first hand another, similar train wreck... Nah, I'm gonna pass on that. Yandle never lived up to his contract and neither will Suter.

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
So Zito should be paying $4milx4 for the privilege of witnessing first hand another, similar train wreck... Nah, I'm gonna pass on that. Yandle never lived up to his contract and neither will Suter.

You are again putting words in my mouth and re-framing my argument into something I'm not advocating.

I'm not trying to be condescending but you really need to learn how to reason and debate cogently. It's one thing to say, "I don't think the Panthers should sign Suter. Here's why..." It's something else entirely to say, "So you think we should pay Suter $16 million to be another Yandle."

Like not only are your premises faulty but your reasoning structure is completely broken.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
You are again putting words in my mouth and re-framing my argument into something I'm not advocating.

I'm not trying to be condescending but you really need to learn how to reason and debate cogently. It's one thing to say, "I don't think the Panthers should sign Suter. Here's why..." It's something else entirely to say, "So you think we should pay Suter $16 million to be another Yandle."

Like not only are your premises faulty but your reasoning structure is completely broken.

This is like someone is arguing that Yandle is still an all-star offensive dman because he puts up points but he doesn't have the speed, stamina, vision, physicality, etc. to play the game anymore. Wanna guess what Suter's pros and cons are and why I'm saying that Suter is or soon-to-be another Yandle?

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
This is like someone is arguing that Yandle is still an all-star offensive dman because he puts up points but he doesn't have the speed, stamina, vision, physicality, etc. to play the game anymore.

Oh my God you did it again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad