Proposal: Panarin to Chicago

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
No thank You

Hawks cant afford another 10M+ player and he seemed very set on testing FA waters at this point

That is too much to give away for guy we traded originally because of cost concerns longterm

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Blues fans would cry if he lands back in Chicago. Hopefully he's got the "been there/done that" attitude, after having been traded away.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I have a feeling Chicago knew he was going to test UFA when they signed him to his two year deal. That's probably the biggest reason they traded him.

I'm not giving up anything of significant value to get him back, despite how good he is.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
If we were a rebuilding team, that offer may garner some interest. But we're not. We need to replace Panarin's production if he's traded. Chicago doesn't have the assets required to bring back the Bread Man via trade (unless if you could find a third team to involve)

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
So Chicago traded Panarin away because of contract uncertainty yet a year later they are going to pay an even higher price to re-acquire him now that it appears he’s very keen on testing free agency?

EdzosCrayon

Apr 4, 2013
Yeah, I don't see a reason for either team to do it. Doubt the Hawks could find a way to pay him what he likely wants, and in another thread I was reading that if the Jackets did decide to shop him they would want roster players instead of picks coming back.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
So Chicago traded Panarin away because of contract uncertainty yet a year later they are going to pay an even higher price to re-acquire him now that it appears he’s very keen on testing free agency?

Guess you missed the part where the Hawks only do the deal if he extends long-term...

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
You don’t? Not sure how.
As a Blues fan with a hatred for the Hawks, I would absolutely love it if they did this.

That would keep them in this "5 great players and 0 other NHL caliber players" spiral for the next few years, as opposed to restocking that horrible depth with the 8th and 27th overall picks in a deep draft. The Central is tough enough. Sign me up.

And I don't think CBJ doesn't do it because they need to start winning now. They'd need a better roster player than Hinostroza probably.

Probably not from CBJ. Hard pass from Chicago (I hope I'm wrong).

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Leafs offer 25th + brown + gardiner
I wouldn't take that for Bjorkstrand, let alone Panarin. The pick isn't of high value to us, Gardiner isn't of high value to us, and Brown is interesting but not really worth pushing for given how the Leafs value him. You're doing the "we value this guy disproportionately highly, therefore they should also value him disproportionately highly" thing.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
As a Blues fan with a hatred for the Hawks, I would absolutely love it if they did this.

That would keep them in this "5 great players and 0 other NHL caliber players" spiral for the next few years, as opposed to restocking that horrible depth with the 8th and 27th overall picks in a deep draft. The Central is tough enough. Sign me up.

And I don't think CBJ doesn't do it because they need to start winning now. They'd need a better roster player than Hinostroza probably.

Probably not from CBJ. Hard pass from Chicago (I hope I'm wrong).

Well, considering the Hawks could have up to $23-24m in cap space this summer, I’d say money is not an issue. And yeah, Hawks are in a deep spiral. Miss playoffs one time in ten years and win 3 championships during that span. Quite a downspiral.

Also not sure what roster you’re looking at if you think they have 0 NHL players beyond their core.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
Columbus: 8th + 27th + Hinostroza/Sikura
Chicago: Panarin

This deal only happens if Panarin will re-sign with Chicago.

Pass, panarin is good but in Chicago he would probably go back to the float and wait for cross ice one timer from Kane.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
If we were a rebuilding team, that offer may garner some interest. But we're not. We need to replace Panarin's production if he's traded. Chicago doesn't have the assets required to bring back the Bread Man via trade (unless if you could find a third team to involve)

An idea:

To CBJ: Skinner + 2nd OA

To CAR: Saad + Anisimov + Abramov + 8th OA

To CHI: Panarin + Rask + 18th OA

CBJ: Skinner + Svechnikov <--> Panarin + Abramov + 18th OA

CAR: Saad + Anisimov + Abramov + 8th OA <--> Skinner + Rask + 2nd OA

CHI: Panarin + Rask + 18th OA <--> Saad + Anisimov + 8th OA

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
An idea:

To CBJ: Skinner + 2nd OA

To CAR: Saad + Anisimov + Abramov + 8th OA

To CHI: Panarin + Rask + 18th OA

CBJ: Skinner + Svechnikov <--> Panarin + Abramov + 18th OA

CAR: Saad + Anisimov + Abramov + 8th OA <--> Skinner + Rask + 2nd OA

CHI: Panarin + Rask + 18th OA <--> Saad + Anisimov + 8th OA
so the canes trade svechnikov and not get panarin? rough

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
No thanks, the Panarin ship sailed when he was unwilling to sign for longer than 2 years last time he was up for renewal. He'll get at least 11 million per on his next contract with another good season and we can not afford that.

EdzosCrayon

Apr 4, 2013
Also not sure what roster you’re looking at if you think they have 0 NHL players beyond their core.

Yeah, a very common misconception on these boards is that the Hawks lack of depth is their biggest problem because of the amount of cap related moves they've had to make, but the real problem is actually the core...Toews, Keith, and Seabrook not being the same players they used to be, Hossa LTIRetired, Hjalmarrson gone, etc. Having one or two of our cap casualties back doesn't significantly improve the team when the core is in that kind of shape.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Yeah, a very common misconception on these boards is that the Hawks lack of depth is their biggest problem because of the amount of cap related moves they've had to make, but the real problem is actually the core...Toews, Keith, and Seabrook not being the same players they used to be, Hossa LTIRetired, Hjalmarrson gone, etc. Having one or two of our cap casualties back doesn't significantly improve the team when the core is in that kind of shape.

Crawford being out and playing Forsberg, Glass, Berube and an accountant for half the year also had a big impact on their season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad