Panarin celebrates too early, doesnt put puck into open net

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Kind of the opposite of this but still celebrating too early is never a good thing.

Reactions: LeHab

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Reminded me of this:

Couldn't find better quality.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Dude has bad eyes. He clearly thought the puck was going in when it really wasn't. lol

Beantown Beatdown

Sep 10, 2007
Hamilton
Dude has bad eyes. He clearly thought the puck was going in when it really wasn't. lol

I think anyone in that situation would have thought the puck was going in. Can't really tell from those videos if the puck caught Holtby's skate but it sure looked like the puck had all the momentum it needed to get in the net but took a weird bounce/turn and died before the line.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Someone should link the video with sound of the Caps TV guys calling the play (I am terrible with linking videos and technical stuff). I haven't defended the play in this thread and won't now. I believe Panarin could have and should have made sure that puck was in the net.

Panarin will never be the same after this embarrassing moment.

CBJ should hurry and trade him while he still has value.

Yes indeed and I didn't even need the sarcasm emoji.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Not even remotely close to being as bad.

Stefan is arguably the biggest gaffe in sports history right there with Jim Marshall running the ball the wrong way (football fans know this well).

Had there been no tying goal the other way no one would remember stefan blunder.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
Dunno, to me it looks like his stick gets lifted as he would be trying to swat it in, and he's already past the goal line when he could regain control. Probably didn't scramble as much as he could have because he thought it was going in, but it's not as bad as I thought.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
I don't know, guys. It looked like he was celebrating at first, but the more I watched it the more I thought the stick lift put Panarin in an awkward spot and afterwards he was simply trying to avoid knocking the net off of the moorings. Why weren't there other Jackets players there for support? There were three Caps plus a goalie, but only one Jacket.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad