Rumor: Pagnotta: Panthers are shopping Aaron Ekblad

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
In all seriousness, I wonder if this means Montour is staying a Panther. I wouldn't be surprised if an extension is announced immediately after an Ekblad trade.
That'd be a good question,and one id be fine with a yes on. But, not holding it against him, I tend to think Montour has to know a team will pay him enough to take care of his grandkids as a UFA.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
We want the same thing for different reasons. I want those 2 to flip them at the deadline for picks and because I don't think they help us win games a whole lot...haha

Get a passable 1C and whatever Ekblad is and at least it gives the young kids a shot to do something. Likely still falter and trade them at the deadline but at least I could hope haha.

Defense as it is now is going to ruin to be rough to build a system around.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Get a passable 1C and whatever Ekblad is and at least it gives the young kids a shot to do something. Likely still falter and trade them at the deadline but at least I could hope haha.

Defense as it is now is going to ruin to be rough to build a system around.
Hey man, we have 2 NHL defensemen. What, you want 3 or something? Our D after Andersson and Weegar is San Jose bad. We have a collection of 7-8 types.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
shocked-face-oh-yes-c945je915nbzz3pj.gif

Cats are so f***ing smart if they do this.

In all seriousness, I wonder if this means Montour is staying a Panther. I wouldn't be surprised if an extension is announced immediately after an Ekblad trade.

They should let Montour walk and trade Ekblad. Both those dudes are toast.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Hey man, we have 2 NHL defensemen. What, you want 3 or something? Our D after Andersson and Weegar is San Jose bad. We have a collection of 7-8 types.

Don't even suggest that Kylington isn't going to sign. That would be a rough one. But add Ekblad and it's a solid top 4.

I'm oddly comfortable with a Bahl/Miro 3rd pairing. I've seen a lot worse with less potential

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Don't even suggest that Kylington isn't going to sign. That would be a rough one. But add Ekblad and it's a solid top 4.

I'm oddly comfortable with a Bahl/Miro 3rd pairing. I've seen a lot worse with less potential
I'm not sure if Kylington will sign or not. I think he's going where the money is. If it's in Calgary then he'll sign. I've learned over the years not to be loyal to players who haven't shown loyalty to the team first. Backlund is the only one who deserves the Flames loyalty.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
May as well trade him while his value will never be higher. He's a borderline top pairing dman who can't skate. More of a 2nd pairing guy on a contender.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I'm not sure if Kylington will sign or not. I think he's going where the money is. If it's in Calgary then he'll sign. I've learned over the years not to be loyal to players who haven't shown loyalty to the team first. Backlund is the only one who deserves the Flames loyalty.

Who would outbid us? Guy didn't play for 18 months and wasn't fantastic when he did. Plus all the unknowns. Seems like Calgary has a huge advantage.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Who would outbid us? Guy didn't play for 18 months and wasn't fantastic when he did. Plus all the unknowns. Seems like Calgary has a huge advantage.
I'm just looking at the calendar. He must think there's more money out there. I think it's pretty clear from the Conroy interviews they have been working on it. I would think there's some goodwill from the Kylington camp. He cashed cheques while not working and the team respected his privacy and supported him well. At the end of the day I'm not sure what's most important to Kylington, but signs are pointing to who will pay him the most.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad