Proposal: Pacioretty, Beaulieu for Leddy, Beauvillier

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
I'd change beauvillier and add something different but I really think leddy is worth trading to get JT someone to play with. He's a great defenseman but I'd definitely consider trading him for a top line player

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
totally agree.

willing to part ways with a 1st

or 2 2nds

and a prospect added to that to get it done too.

1st this year and a 2nd next year for a LD. whos out there..

Under that scenario you better find a left d who also plays voluntarily. Meaning for very little money.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
I'd change beauvillier and add something different but I really think leddy is worth trading to get JT someone to play with. He's a great defenseman but I'd definitely consider trading him for a top line player

If we trade him our defense goes from great to average at best. Trading Leddy would fill one whole and create another massive one. There are other ways to get a forward, trading Leddy should be avoided at all costs.

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
I personally think if Leddy (or any top NYI player) goes, Ladd has to go too (for a package including a LD & LW, with a short term cap dump). Ladd's contract is just disgusting.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Id do something Leddy + Nelson for Pacioretty + Beaulieu if theyd rather keep Beauvilier

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
I personally think if Leddy (or any top NYI player) goes, Ladd has to go too (for a package including a LD & LW, with a short term cap dump). Ladd's contract is just disgusting.

Leddy is the 2nd Best player on the club and our best defensemen AINEC. Isles should trade our RD for a top line wing since Pulock made the team.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
LEddy is great. love him.. but the diff between him and beaulieu is smaller then the diff between Patches and beauvillier.

doesnt help the habs as they want to contend now.. in the next 2-4 years.

I think that three out of Scherbak, Lehkonen, Byron and Carr can be the three LH wingers on the first three lines for the Habs now and in the next few years. Not as good as Pacioretty, but capable of being competitive and intense players for the Habs. With an opportunity to play, one of them might rise up and replace Pacioretty adequately. I think the Habs needs Leddy more than Pacioretty, now and in the future. Markov, Emelin and Beaulieu as a group is dreadful on the left side. MTL is not winning anything with that defense. Beauviller would be nice to add, as MTL needs another center on the team. Beaulieu can be replaced by Sergachev as early as next year. The Islanders need a shakeup. Pacioretty is from the area and would be great with Tavares. Beaulieu is not Leddy, but he is an NHL player.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Not opposed to the deal but Weber is doing more than fine with Emelin - our 3rd pair is what scares me the most, we need a veteran RHD to play with Beaulieu.

If we are moving Pacs would like to upgrade 2C immediately

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Montreal doesn't need more undersized forwards. Not for Pacioretty, our biggest forward, just think about what that says about our forwards group.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
no interest in leddy at the cost of pacs, get ouuta here with ur sh*tty proposals.

hockeyheadlines

Oct 9, 2016
Canada
no interest in leddy at the cost of pacs, get ouuta here with ur sh*tty proposals.

I don't think this is such a bad trade proposal. Leddy would finalize our top pairing for a good while.

I'd be hesitant with Beauvillier and might ask to switch him out for Brock Nelson.

I think it's a good scenario to work with.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I don't think this is such a bad trade proposal. Leddy would finalize our top pairing for a good while.

I'd be hesitant with Beauvillier and might ask to switch him out for Brock Nelson.

I think it's a good scenario to work with.

Its horrible. Absolutely horrible. Pacs value is a lot higher than Leddy's and we would be killing our team from within. Also we would be creating a log jam on the D and have a serious lack of offensive players. Rad's sickness has really shown how thin we are. Removing pacs would be the same. We would only have 1 offensive line.

bbob

Nov 27, 2015
If Habs are making that kind of trade then they sould go after

Leddy/dhaan + barzel .....

Habs need to solve LD & #2C more then anything else

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Its horrible. Absolutely horrible. Pacs value is a lot higher than Leddy's and we would be killing our team from within. Also we would be creating a log jam on the D and have a serious lack of offensive players. Rad's sickness has really shown how thin we are. Removing pacs would be the same. We would only have 1 offensive line.

False and false

Leddy is a pretty good no.2 D and on a good contract.

Logjam on D?? Logjam of 2nd and 3rd pairing D you mean. Nobody can play on Weber' left on a daily basis and it will be worst while the season goes.

A trade Leddy + Nelson for Pacioretty + Beaulieu IMO advantage the Habs as Pacioretty to Nelson is a smaller downgrade than Leddy to Beaulieu.

Nelson is still a good 2nd line LW with size and still young.

NewfoundlandHab

Jul 14, 2014
From a Habs perspective, the only reason I might say no is because we need to contend right now. By bringing in Weber, MB made a decision that he wants to be seriuos about contending for a cup in the next few years. We dont do that if we trade Patches for a prospect. Its pretty fair value-wise, but doesn't make sense it we want to be real threats now.

Unless we can do this trade and acquire another scoring LW.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
From a Habs perspective, the only reason I might say no is because we need to contend right now. By bringing in Weber, MB made a decision that he wants to be seriuos about contending for a cup in the next few years. We dont do that if we trade Patches for a prospect. Its pretty fair value-wise, but doesn't make sense it we want to be real threats now.

Unless we can do this trade and acquire another scoring LW.

But you're not trading Pacioretty for a prospect. You're trading him for Leddy.

NewfoundlandHab

Jul 14, 2014
But you're not trading Pacioretty for a prospect. You're trading him for Leddy.

Yeah, maybe I should have said that differently. The downgrade from Pacioretty to basically no one is greater than the upgrade from Beaulieu to Leddy, imo.

I think we have a better chance at the cup with keeping Patches and keeping the D the way it is than if we were to lose Patches and add Leddy. Mostly due to having Carey Price.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Yeah, maybe I should have said that differently. The downgrade from Pacioretty to basically no one is greater than the upgrade from Beaulieu to Leddy, imo.

I think we have a better chance at the cup with keeping Patches and keeping the D the way it is than if we were to lose Patches and add Leddy. Mostly due to having Carey Price.

It took 46 posts to address the key point. If there's one team that shouldn't be weakening their forwards to strengthen their D, it's Montreal. Price gives you that luxury.

NewfoundlandHab

Jul 14, 2014
It took 46 posts to address the key point. If there's one team that shouldn't be weakening their forwards to strengthen their D, it's Montreal. Price gives you that luxury.

Exactly. I would be interested in strengthening the D for sure. Weber needs a good, mobile partner. It's just with Carey Price back there, theres no need to weaken the forward core that much to try to do it.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com

Perfectly well said. You don't get that much around here.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

Says the guy who thinks Brodie is a #3D. What do you think of Leddy? A #4? :laugh: Leddy has developed into a very good top pairing d-man. And he's signed to a good deal long term. He holds very similar value to Pacioretty. That said, I don't think it's in the Habs' best interest to make this deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad