P3: Jets @ Wild | 7PM CST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Lambos had been playing solid until that shift. Peart is showing a lot of positives, still needs pro experience, but lots to like IMO. Heidt with a couple of good moments, but otherwise feel like he has been kept to the outside most of the night and could use some more cooking time.

Flailing Fleury giving them up left and right now.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
I'm expecting big things from Xgren tonight

Huh 3.gif

Damn it, this is going to grow on me.
Nope.gif

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Keeping in mind that it's a very small sample size, and that regular players have a massive advantage because they are playing with teammates that they have history, and chemistry with, while most of these prospects have none of that going for them;

-Marat started off a bit rocky, but then was excellent. I think he's ready to play the role Freddy did 2-3 years ago. Hope he gets a few chances at #3C over Gaudreau.

- Haight near invisible

- Heidt... I was pleased to see that he's reasonably fast, his quick hands translate, and that he makes good decisions on the ice. Having said that, he didn't do anything that would make me give him a spot on the team, though i do think that he could do ok in the AHL...too bad he can't play there.

- Jones had a nice goal, but i don't see him making the team. Not enough there, there.

- Bankier and Walker did some ok things, but not enough. Would like to see how Bankier progresses sometime around Christmas.

- XGrin scored...yeah, but otherwise he didn't do much for me.

- Was disappointed in the D prospects. Lambos, Peart, and Masters all had some good moments, but more not so good ones. Lambos seems to have the best tools of the three, but I'm not sure if the other two have a future in the NHL.

- Hunt was ok...kind of bland, but made less mistakes than the others, and had a couple of ok shots on goal. So, he was better on the whole than the other three, but sure not great.

- Am i crazy, or was Fleury pretty bad with his rebound control, kicking it right to Jets players a couple of times?

It's hard to tell if prospects don't make good enough, or quick enough decisions because they are still adjusting to the pace of NHL games, or because they don't have good judgement, or because they are thrown in to play with a bunch of relative strangers.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I don't think you get it yet. You can just say Ohgren however you want, because that's the American way. If we let people decide how their own names are pronounced, there's no end to the possibility. For instance, if my name were Steve, it would be spelled S-T-E-V-E, and pronounced Bradbumblydooblepoop. My name is not Steve, however, so it's not pronounced that way. Or maybe it is, I get to decide. And so do you. How else does one explain words such as phelgm, colonel, macabre, and knight. I've been teaching my kid the difference between C, K, and S lately. You know what the difference is? Seriously, what is the difference? I think C is a trick letter meant to confuse people.

So, instead of pretending we're not just making these sounds up as we go, why not just alter the spelling as well, and let the facade slip? Finally, we're being honest.

And oh shit, while I'm at it the word "facade" has so many of the confusing things going on. A "c" that sounds like an "s", a silent "e", an "a" that sounds somewhat like an "o". No sane person can sound that word out, you just have to know how to say it.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don't think you get it yet. You can just say Ohgren however you want, because that's the American way. If we let people decide how their own names are pronounced, there's no end to the possibility. For instance, if my name were Steve, it would be spelled S-T-E-V-E, and pronounced Bradbumblydooblepoop. My name is not Steve, however, so it's not pronounced that way. Or maybe it is, I get to decide. And so do you. How else does one explain words such as phelgm, colonel, macabre, and knight. I've been teaching my kid the difference between C, K, and S lately. You know what the difference is? Seriously, what is the difference? I think C is a trick letter meant to confuse people.

So, instead of pretending we're not just making these sounds up as we go, why not just alter the spelling as well, and let the facade slip? Finally, we're being honest.

And oh shit, while I'm at it the word "facade" has so many of the confusing things going on. A "c" that sounds like an "s", a silent "e", an "a" that sounds somewhat like an "o". No sane person can sound that word out, you just have to know how to say it.
If you guys have been thinking my name is pronounced "Ay kay el" for the last 12 years you are all sorely mistaken

Wabit

May 23, 2016

So we should we call you Poopy Steve or poopbaghead? Yes, that is really my first thought after reading all those words.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad