P Kane or Kucherov: Which player has been the better player and ranks higher for the 21st Century right now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who has been the better player so far this century.

• Total voters

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Yeah it’s kuch. Has 2 higher playoff run scoring than Kane. Has 3 better plus minus seasons then Jane’s best, has 3 season point totals higher then Jane’s best, and he could add more

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Yeah it’s kuch. Has 2 higher playoff run scoring than Kane. Has 3 better plus minus seasons then Jane’s best, has 3 season point totals higher then Jane’s best, and he could add more

But is he > Tarzan?

Kuch has the better regular season and playoff peak and better regular season prime. Kane does have about 500 more regular season games played. That does count for something when their primes are close.

It may be because he's been in a better team situation and been more sheltered, but I feel Kucherov hasn't been as bad defensively. I know scoring wingers generally aren't great defensively, but Kane is notably bad when it comes to playing without the puck.

Reactions: centipede2233

McPoyle

Start breaking bricks wet nips
Apr 3, 2019
Sol System
Surprised how lopsided it is so far considering the other poll. Smallish sample size so I think it will get more even.

Reactions: wetcoast

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
But is he > Tarzan?

Kuch has the better regular season and playoff peak and better regular season prime. Kane does have about 500 more regular season games played. That does count for something when their primes are close.

It may be because he's been in a better team situation and been more sheltered, but I feel Kucherov hasn't been as bad defensively. I know scoring wingers generally aren't great defensively, but Kane is notably bad when it comes to playing without the puck.
Autocorrect strikes again! Yes looking at plus minus kucherov has much better numbers.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Kucherov has the best 2 playoff runs between the 2 , and possibly 4 of the top 5. And considering Kane himself is amazing in the playoffs - that's pretty huge that Kucherov has done that much better.

Kucherov definitely has the best season (2024). He also has the 2nd best season (2019).

Kane still has longevity, but even that is no longer all that big of an edge. His last significant season was at age 33, wher he potted 92 points. Kucherov is 30 now.

Kucherov is better in both regular season and playoffs. Simply a higher caliber player.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Surprised how lopsided it is so far considering the other poll. Smallish sample size so I think it will get more even.

I was actually surprised the other poll was so close, because in a few recent direct Kane vs Kucherov polls, I remember Kucherov winning handily. So these results are more in-line with that.

I guess a lot of non-Kane voters from the other poll prefer Kucherov, who knows.

Letsdothis

Jun 19, 2024
Kucherov. A year ago I'd have said he was slightly better than Kane - the gigantic season he just had puts him comftorably ahead. His point production is just clearly more impressive than Kane's was in his prime and neither offers anything beyond thay. And although he has the linemate advantage, Kucherov has generally received fairly limited ice time to balance things out.

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
Voted Kane as the question is "right now".

KaneKucherov
Career Goals
471​
320​
Career Points
1284​
873​
Top-10 Hart1/6/6/7/81/2/6/8
Top-10 Points1/2/3/5/5/8/91/1/3/3/5/7
Top-10 goals2/5/5/102/6/9/10

Personally - they both have pretty equivalent Hart/point/goal finishes as far as I'm concerned. Big difference is that Kane has 50% more goals and points in his career than Kucherov does. I don't think the playoff gap is necessarily as big as others are making it out to be - I agree Kucherov has been better, but only slightly. Kane a slightly better PO goalscorer, and Kucherov a bit better of an overall point producer (need to consider about 5% weighted avg scoring environment higher than Kane, and Tampa has had way more supplementary offensive weapons than Chicago did imo).

Kucherov did peak higher, and will likely surpass Kane in 3 years or so in my opinion.

Reactions: Wings4Life

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad