Value of: P.K. Subban Double Retention (2.25 AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
I've thought PK would bring something back even if it was just a mid round pick, now I'm not sure he's worth the hassle of involving a 3rd team.
I think it's more likely they trade him and take a contract back, something like Subban @ 50% to Edmonton for Mike Smith and a 2nd

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Not seeing a ton of demand for somebody like Subban among the playoff contenders. Either teams are well-stocked or have other needs. We'll see if there are injuries down the stretch and Subban is somebody's fallback plan.

Florida: Ekblad|Gudas|Montour
Tampa: Cernak|Rutta|Bogosian|Foote
Toronto: Brodie|Holl|Lyubushkin|Liljegren
Boston: McAvoy|Carlo|Clifton

Carolina: Pesce|DeAngelo|Bear
Pittsburgh: Letang|Marino|Ruhwedel|Friedman
NY Rangers: Fox|Trouba|Schneider|Lundkvist
Washington: Carlson|Schultz|Jensen

Colorado: Makar|Johnson|Murray?|Barron
St. Louis: Parayko|Faulk|Bortuzzo
Minnesota: Spurgeon|Dumba|Merrill?|Addison
Nashville: Carrier|Fabbro|Myers|Benning
Dallas: Heiskanen|Klingberg|Hakanpaa

Calgary: Tanev|Andersson|Gudbranson
Los Angeles: Doughty|Roy|Durzi|Walker
Edmonton: Barrie|Bouchard|Ceci
Vegas: Pietrangelo|Theodore?|Whitecloud

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I've thought PK would bring something back even if it was just a mid round pick, now I'm not sure he's worth the hassle of involving a 3rd team.
I think it's more likely they trade him and take a contract back, something like Subban @ 50% to Edmonton for Mike Smith and a 2nd

Really don't want to be adding a contract that won't expire at the end of the season if all we're getting is a late 2nd out of it.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
He's a .4 ppg on a team going nowhere this year. Has SC experience, a RHD playing 19:19 rn and would probably fight fro time on the 2nd pairing in Tor. It wont be tremendous but it should be something. We can take back a contract or 2 s well if a decent return

That's all fair. And I'll be honest, I didn't know he was logging close to 20 minutes per game. So credit to him there. But I don't think I'd trust him anymore when he's slew footing someone every month. That's what I mean by hurting the team.

Maybe a team will pay something for him. And, like I said, I thought he still had decent value last year. But I, myself, wouldn't want my team to add him unless it was for cheap in free agency.

Reactions: Smitty426

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
This is a sad thread. :( PK was so much fun when he first came to Nashville. It's hard to absorb that he fell off so far so fast, so irreparably. :(

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
He is so slow and painful to watch now, but I can see him finding a new gear in the playoffs. I think for a fringe playoff team it would be worth the gamble @ a third or similar.

HugeInTheShire

Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Really don't want to be adding a contract that won't expire at the end of the season if all we're getting is a late 2nd out of it.

I agree hopefully they could pull two 2nds or a 1st to take Smith but I don't know if Edmonton would bite.
I would also assume NJ would buy him out after the season assuming Bernier is good to go

HugeInTheShire

Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
I really dislike Subban, but at 2.25m he has more value than a 3rd. He's bounced back a bit and can hold his own in a bottom pairing role.

The problem is giving up an additional asset to get a 3rd team involved.
If all you're getting is a 3rd for him is it worth giving up a 4th or 5th?
In my opinion, it's not worth it. If nobody wants to give a 2nd or prospect then ride out the rest of the year with him

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
The problem is giving up an additional asset to get a 3rd team involved.
If all you're getting is a 3rd for him is it worth giving up a 4th or 5th?
In my opinion, it's not worth it. If nobody wants to give a 2nd or prospect then ride out the rest of the year with him

I think you could probably get more than a 3rd, and just take cap $ instead of giving a pick.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I can’t see anyone offering anything of value. Other option out there for less cost in my opinion. Maybe a dinosaur GM that thinks he has an once of his Norris ability is left and values experience… doubtful still.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I dont know about that, but if you took back Roussel, for example, I am sure AZ would launder PK at no additional cost

I think it’s more likely the Devils compensate the retaining team.

Something like, using Boston as an example to make it easier to follow:

To Boston: Subban @ 2.25 AAV
From Boston: Boston 2022 3rd

To Arizona : Devils 2022 6th
From Arizona: 50% retention on Subban at 4.5 AAV

To NJ: Boston 2022 3rd
From NJ: Devils 2022 6th and 50% retention on Subban at 9.0 AAV

Devils move up a couple rounds. Intermediary team gets compensated for retention from the Devils. Final team gets Subban for a 3rd (hopefully a late second). For the Devils it’s more of a hassle than value, but it would look good on them to give Subban a chance at the cup.

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
I think it’s more likely the Devils compensate the retaining team.

Something like, using Boston as an example to make it easier to follow:

To Boston: Subban @ 2.25 AAV
From Boston: Boston 2022 3rd

To Arizona : Devils 2022 6th
From Arizona: 50% retention on Subban at 4.5 AAV

To NJ: Boston 2022 3rd
From NJ: Devils 2022 6th and 50% retention on Subban at 9.0 AAV

Devils move up a couple rounds. Intermediary team gets compensated for retention from the Devils. Final team gets Subban for a 3rd (hopefully a late second). For the Devils it’s more of a hassle than value, but it would look good on them to give Subban a chance at the cup.

This trade makes no sense

You've already sent the 6th round pick to Arizona, you can't send that pick to Boston.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
How’s this…

To WPG: Subban 50% retained, NJD ‘22 1st
to NJD: Schmidt

:sarcasm:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad