Online Series: Ozark (Netflix)

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
You would think the capos are asking Cosgrove Jr why he isn't retaliating against the person who shot his dad. It also made no sense for him to go somewhere without a guard or at least capo. That is the opposite of what any mob boss does especially when seeing a volatile person like Darlene, regardless of the fact she shot his sons pecker off, she's in debt to him and just had an argument with him. Chances are she wont be very friendly.
Not only that but it's also ridiculous that Frank Jr would take over leadership of the family after his Dad was killed. Mafia families rarely do that especially if the son is a dumbass like Frank Jr.

Reactions: Voight

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I felt like the show lost some steam this season.

Maybe it's just because of the time gap between season 3 and 4. I was able to watch seasons 1-3 together since I was late on the scene.

Regardless, I didn't feel as engaged. I'll stick through it at this point, though.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Like everyone else I hated the opening scene being put in. Every single episode I watched I kept thinking about how in that future scene Jonah is all smiles and part of the big happy family. Made me think his fighting with his mother was staged but she wasnt in on it to make it look authentic, and why Marty was apathetic. I thought it was to get to Darlene but thats obviously out the window. Perhaps he was there the whole time to steal her money, laundering to their own accounts? Maybe Marty set up the whole software scheme and not some high schooler

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Final episodes drop in less than an hour, for those of you who want to get a head start. Or who just want to zombie out their Friday or weekend.

Last edited:

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
The show peaked with S3. I was depressed when S4 was announced as the last but now not so much. The first half of S4 was pretty good but the second half was a slog and didn’t get heated up until the last 3 episodes and the finale just ends with a sudden cut to black?

Ruth seems to have a decent sized fanbase and for which I’ll never understand why. Julie Garner is a great actress but the character is a hot headed cliche and played stupid games, and in turn won stupid prizes. I’m sure there will be a lot of screeching where her ending is concerned.

Nolan Bombgardener

Dec 23, 2005
I suppose with Camila killing Ruth, that means Marty is back "in" as the money laundering guy?

I was also expecting the private investigator to come back and tell the Byrdes they made a mistake by trying to get rid of him by getting his job back. Wasn't he saying earlier to Maya how he was a more effective investigator as a Chicago PD detective than as a PI since, you know, as a police detective he had real authority to conduct investigations and compel cooperation? I thought he would have used his position as a detective to work the Ben disappearance case.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Although the final seven episodes had too much padding and the most useless, gratuitous red herring that I have ever had to endure, I thought otherwise the final half-season was great, the perfect ending to this story, true both to the themes of the series and to the arcs of the characters. Magnificent performances by Laura Linney and Julia Garner (I don't know how one would choose between them come awards time) gave the final episodes added depth and power to burn.

Reactions: Baby Punisher

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I suppose with Camila killing Ruth, that means Marty is back "in" as the money laundering guy?

I was also expecting the private investigator to come back and tell the Byrdes they made a mistake by trying to get rid of him by getting his job back. Wasn't he saying earlier to Maya how he was a more effective investigator as a Chicago PD detective than as a PI since, you know, as a police detective he had real authority to conduct investigations and compel cooperation? I thought he would have used his position as a detective to work the Ben disappearance case.

Even his whole ashes theory seems flimsy. For one he broke into heir house so the evidence wouldn't even be admissible in court. Second, if he quit his job as a cop, it'll be real hard to even get the case into the courts. All it would prove is Bens body was cremated, doesn't exactly show that the Byrdes are guilty of killing him or getting him killed. Could they even trace it back to their funeral home?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Even his whole ashes theory seems flimsy. For one he broke into heir house so the evidence wouldn't even be admissible in court. Second, if he quit his job as a cop, it'll be real hard to even get the case into the courts. All it would prove is Bens body was cremated, doesn't exactly show that the Byrdes are guilty of killing him or getting him killed. Could they even trace it back to their funeral home?
The point wasn't that he could get them convicted in court, it's that he could ruin their success. He could cause their lives to come crumbling down. He had a thread he could pull on to undo the tapestry of deception and shady dealings they had built up. They wouldn't get to "win" and use their wealth built on the pain and suffering of others to become backroom powerhouses.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The point wasn't that he could get them convicted in court, it's that he could ruin their success. He could cause their lives to come crumbling down. He had a thread he could pull on to undo the tapestry of deception and shady dealings they had built up. They wouldn't get to "win" and use their wealth built on the pain and suffering of others to become backroom powerhouses.

Ahh.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
It probably was the weakest season, and the weird format with the split only made things worse. Season 2 had a lot of too easily solved impass, in this last one, the solutions just became: let's eliminate everyone (I laughed when Marty told the angry driver that he'd make a phone call and get him killed - there you go, that's the whole plot!). Still, fun show, with very good acting (nobody's on the level of Season 3's Ben, but more than a few who do real good).

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
They pulled the ol Game of Thrones where you ruin the show on the very last episode.
How so? Haven't seen GoT but I was under the impression that the finale was unexpected and didn't match the tone (I might be completely off). Orzak's finale was expeditive and disappointing, but pretty much just more of the same.

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
xMPAkUC.jpg

14x0PSy.jpg

Holy shit. I forgot how bad the entire last season of GoT was.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
The ending of GoT bordered on the criminal and it is easy to explain why. The fact that some people may have wanted a different resolution to Ozark than the one they got doesn't make it a weak ending.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Just finished the last episode.

I really enjoyed the entire series. Truly one of Netflix’s best shows, if not, the best show.

Reactions: Voight

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Season 4 probably wasn't as good as 1-2, or even 3, but still a fantastic show.

Thought it was pretty obvious Ruth was done for early into the second half of season 4. Last Langmore standing, and you don't get to kill a Cartel leader and live freely. I did think Marty was going to do something to protect her, though. For all of their highs and lows, and especially pressure and grief from Wendy, he always cared for Ruth and always protected her.

The PI scene at the end was a pretty dumb sendoff, in my opinion. Like, I get it. But the ashes don't prove a whole lot, the evidence was taken illegally, and it seemed like a stretch he would really suspect anything with the cookie jar. They could have not included that scene, and his character would have wrapped up better becoming a Cop in Chicago.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Thought the ending was fine, but a bit disjointed - ironically like GoT there was a way to get to that ending and have it make sense, but it doesn't feel like they did enough in the lead-up to earn that final payoff.

I thought Ruth's death was basically pre-determined. She was too reckless not to get herself killed within that world even as the writers made her someone to root for. I had a feeling she'd wind up dying virtually the entire series, but knew for sure when they gave her that reminiscence/dream sequence on the roof of the trailer when the finale was only half over

Last edited:

Allens Five Hole

Jan 17, 2017
I thought the whole second part of S4 was underwhelming. I have zero idea what the point of the car crash really was. They start the whole season off with a flash forward of this crash and then do absolutely nothing with it. Everyone makes it out alive and to their scheduled appointments that day.

I felt like they tried to push a bunch of content into these last 7 episodes and was wondering how they were going to wrap this all up. Wendy goes to a psych ward and is out within minutes it seemed like. They bounce from Chicago to the Ozarks, then to KC and down to Florida and back again.

I didn't mind the actual last scene as I thought it came full circle with Jonah shooting his gun after reminiscing about Buddy, who taught him how to shoot.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
They pulled the ol Game of Thrones where you ruin the show on the very last episode.
I just finished it and thought the same thing (I mean, the ending was ridiculous) but I'll take it a step further and say that the entire final season ruined the show, similar to GoT. Some good parts here and there but so many inconsistencies and unrealistic moments.
I don't know, I loved most of the first 3 seasons but felt like it lost steam this season. It just got ridiculous after a while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad