Owen Sound Attack 2024-25 Season, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
i can see barrie making a bigger offer but they woudlnt before, why would they now?

it will take alot to trump oshawa's offer imo, but well see.
Just reading tea leaves, it seems the Attack are seeking players who fit the desired age group in addition to draft picks. It's really hard to see those other teams putting together a similar or better offer than the stated Oshawa package. Maybe Brampton if they make Dragusica available?

Reactions: JoeSchmo

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
I agree, if it's 5 teams it would be those 5. DeGray may be in a very advantageous position now.

Probably still accurate with Oshawa and Barrie being the front runners but if Brantford and Brampton become legitimate options, they have the capital to up the ante.
I think the Bedkowski injury situation hurts. The Attack cut Ethier prior to the season to trim to 6D with the expected 7th D coming in trade with the intention of only carrying 7D for the season. Of the 6 healthy D currently rostered, two are rookies and one only has 11 games of experience coming into the season. If it's a longer term injury with Bedkowski(broken arm? 6-8 weeks) it would definitely have an effect on Owen Sounds' roster plans for the year.

It's funny in a way. DeGray said he didn't want to send guys out too early to only have to replace them right away but if he makes this Oshawa deal he likely would have to find another depth D. The Attack don't really have any internal options in their 2023/2024 draft classes either.

Sags

Sep 9, 2024
Agree, it would make ZERO sense for Owen Sound to acquire an OA.

If Oshawa was just looking to dump an OA like Torrance I’m sure Owen Sound would take him for free, but it defies logic for a rebuilding team to be giving up assets to acquire a third line OA plugger.
Damato would definitely be going before Torrance ever goes!! Watched that kid through the playoffs last year…. Best penalty killer and defensive player in the league this year. Few teams tried to get him at the deadline last year and were told he was unavailable….. know we were one of them.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Just reading tea leaves, it seems the Attack are seeking players who fit the desired age group in addition to draft picks. It's really hard to see those other teams putting together a similar or better offer than the stated Oshawa package. Maybe Brampton if they make Dragusica available?

personally i dont like Dragusica but sure. mississauga would offer van volsen probably as well.

barrie would have to offer vaughan in a two way trade to top what oshawa offered. moses isnt going to get it done.

as of friday, even with the injury, oshawa was ready to go on it. doubt that they would change their mind with the injury, its not them that is getting a hurt player.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
personally i dont like Dragusica but sure. mississauga would offer van volsen probably as well.

barrie would have to offer vaughan in a two way trade to top what oshawa offered. moses isnt going to get it done.

as of friday, even with the injury, oshawa was ready to go on it. doubt that they would change their mind with the injury, its not them that is getting a hurt player.
The Oshawa package would be better in terms of players but Brampton could offer more picks I guess.

I'd prefer the Oshawa deal personally. I would think Kingston/Brantford would be pick packages as I don't see roster pieces that make any sense.

cruickshankd

Jun 3, 2024
A lot of rumors swelling around this morning on Barlow and the state of a pending done deal.

Makes me wonder why Oshawa risked playing their players involved at risk of something like this happening.

Gonna be a lot of back and fourth speculation today and probably tomorrow on this but I ultimately think Barlow has the final say. A deal won't get finalized unless Barlow agrees he will report to said team.

Guess we all have to stand by and anxiously wait it out.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
The Oshawa package would be better in terms of players but Brampton could offer more picks I guess.

I'd prefer the Oshawa deal personally. I would think Kingston/Brantford would be pick packages as I don't see roster pieces that make any sense.

As I’ve explained previously, no team in the league can match the draft picks and young talent that Brampton has accumulated.

If they want Barlow, they’ll get Barlow.

Reactions: JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo

Jul 17, 2024
Just remember there will be no 08 "first rounder" coming back in this deal...

then Gibson heads there at the deadline to join Barlow. @Generalsupdates

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015

Digger has done a decent job 'rebuilding' so far, the coaching staff is a big step.

If Bedkowsky has an injury that's gonna take him out for weeks, Dale has to walk away.

The fanbase is pretty savvy, they've bought in so far.

There is NO way Digger can stand at the rail Saturday night and explain he just traded Colby for a 3C , and a defenseman who might not play for 2 or 3 months. Especially with several other offers in play today.

Fans don't pay to watch the draft pick cupboard.

Colby has 'officially' requested a trade and submitted his list of destinations .

Now the trade 'talks' are happening . For real .

For the Attack, this deal has to be about whats best for us .

Reactions: Section5Petes

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
The deal is going to get done, and the Bedkowski injury isn’t serious. Plus, Owen sound isn’t winning anything this year and Bedkowski is there for at least 2 seasons. If he misses a month, it isn’t really relevant or important to the trade. It’ll be announced before Friday I’m sure.

• Haha
Reactions: Donnie740

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Digger has done a decent job 'rebuilding' so far, the coaching staff is a big step.

If Bedkowsky has an injury that's gonna take him out for weeks, Dale has to walk away.

There is NO way Digger can stand at the rail Saturday night and explain he just traded Colby for a 3C , and a defenseman who might not play for 2 or 3 months. Especially with several other offers in play today.

Colby has 'officially' requested a trade and submitted his list of destinations .

what if the oshawa offer is way better then what anyone else can offer, which i think it is.

barrie is the only one that could trump it imo

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.

You’re not going to get a better player back than Bedkowski, all the other names mentioned aren’t in his league. You’re not a contending team this year, but you’re going to be in a year or two. Bedkowski missing a month isn’t a big deal IMO.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
what if the oshawa offer is way better then what anyone else can offer, which i think it is.

barrie is the only one that could trump it imo
You have to take the best offer that makes the most sense for the Attack and eat the criticism. That's the job. Totally fair game to open it up to a bidding war but if the Oshawa deal is the best, injured player be damned(provided we're not talking 2025 before we see him), so be it.

JRHOCKEYBUZZ

Aug 22, 2024
These Barlow trade rumors have made this page - Oshawa Generals season thread #2. Arguing about roster moves on the Oshawa side of things.... Maybe leave this page to discuss the roster implications on the Owen Sound side of things. Bring the Gens talk back to their fan forum. They are likely to be more interested than Owen Sound...

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
You make it sound like the deal was done.

You must have me confused with someone else, my friend.

I’ve been one of the few skeptics who called BS on the rumoured Oshawa overpay - - much to the chagrin of the “insiders” who’ve been insisting for the past month that the deal is imminent.

Unlike many, I formulate my opinions and analysis based on logical thinking and what I see with my own eyes.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
You must have me confused with someone else, my friend.

I’ve been one of the few skeptics who called BS on the rumoured Oshawa overpay - - much to the chagrin of the “insiders” who’ve been insisting for the past month that the deal is imminent.

Unlike many, I formulate my opinions and analysis based on logical thinking and what I see with my own eyes.
Donnie with all due respect. They have a good track record. You don’t. Many people telling you the same thing? Chances are there’s some truth to it.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
These Barlow trade rumors have made this page - Oshawa Generals season thread #2. Arguing about roster moves on the Oshawa side of things.... Maybe leave this page to discuss the roster implications on the Owen Sound side of things. Bring the Gens talk back to their fan forum. They are likely to be more interested than Owen Sound...
You probably right lol But I think the reason many have kept the Oshawa board quiet and migrated here is because some "fans" have ruined the thread over there and make it insufferable. People using this thread hoping others wouldn't follow, it failed.
Donnie with all due respect. They have a good track record. You don’t. Many people telling you the same thing? Chances are there’s some truth to it.
Exhibit A

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
You probably right lol But I think the reason many have kept the Oshawa board quiet and migrated here is because some "fans" have ruined the thread over there and make it insufferable. People using this thread hoping others wouldn't follow, it failed.

Exhibit A
exhibit b lol

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

Exhibit A

exhibit b lol

for the past month he barely posted on there, which i dont think was his choosing.

• Wow
Reactions: frontsfan67

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
exhibit b lol
I mean, all I did was call the individual out for being less than respectful to most members. I've just learned it's easier to ignore the user account as to not see their posts and interact. Everyone else in there I get along with great and have great conversations with outside these pages.

Reactions: Leviathan899

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I mean, all I did was call the individual out for being less than respectful to most members. I've just learned it's easier to ignore the user account as to not see their posts and interact. Everyone else in there I get along with great and have great conversations with outside these pages.
Oh nvm I’m confused

Ignore what I said. Owen Sound you can have your thread back.

Reactions: HUSH10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad