Owen Sound Attack 2024-25 Season, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
His arm was in a cast last night. Unless that was just a ruse they were using as an excuse to “wink-wink” hold him out of the game.

Based on how well Delisle has played so far this year, that would be an over pay for Barlow. Especially if it includes three 2nds and three 3rds.
Was it a hard cast or a soft cast? It would seem to be a legit injury. I watched the first period against Brantford and he only played one shift. He was out on the PK and took a fairly innocuous bump and then played the rest of the shift with one hand on the stick and seemingly favoring the other arm. Just looked like a fluky deal but would be a heck of a performance if it was an act.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Was it a hard cast or a soft cast? It would seem to be a legit injury. I watched the first period against Brantford and he only played one shift. He was out on the PK and took a fairly innocuous bump and then played the rest of the shift with one hand on the stick and seemingly favoring the other arm. Just looked like a fluky deal but would be a heck of a performance if it was an act.

It looked like a hard cast, not just a splint. As soon as he got hit on Friday you could see his arm was hurt. So I have ZERO doubt that he’s legitimately injured.

You’d think if a trade was imminent and already agreed upon, Oshawa would have sat out the players involved. Especially after the Bedkowski injury on Friday night.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
His arm was in a cast last night. Unless that was just a ruse they were using as an excuse to “wink-wink” hold him out of the game.

Based on how well Delisle has played so far this year, that would be an over pay for Barlow. Especially if it includes three 2nds and three 3rds.
If I recall correctly, the picks posted on the oshawa thread were; 2, 3, 3, 5, 7,

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
Agreed. More entertaining than most games last year. If they can figure out the puck in the net thing it will only get better.
Putting the puck in the net is probably the work in progress that would be expected with all the new faces and faces in new roles. I think they will figure it out and on a positive note they did put 5 by an elite tender in 2 gms and a # of grade A chances. I lost count but at least 4 posts in 2 gms? Playing like they did on the weekend I'll be very happy to watch it doesn't get much more entertaining than that.

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
Deslile, Bedkowski and 6 picks, a few 2nds and 3rds and a few depth picks. That’s what it’s been for a month
Depending on Bedkowski's injury that's in my opinion a good return for Colby. It in my opinion closes the door on last year the guys here seem to be happy and there is a totally different(improved) vibe around the rink.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Depending on Bedkowski's injury that's in my opinion a good return for Colby. It in my opinion closes the door on last year the guys here seem to be happy and there is a totally different(improved) vibe around the rink.
2 2nds and 3rds I believe

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
That didn't answer the question in any way. You said "Looking forward to seeing how the actual trade compares to the lunacy that was being insisted upon by the self proclaimed “insiders”".

I asked so what happens if the rumoured return for a month now (Delisle, Bedkowski and picks), is exactly the return, and your random made up feud with "insiders" was just you being completely wrong the entire time?

Reactions: MJ5

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
That didn't answer the question in any way. You said "Looking forward to seeing how the actual trade compares to the lunacy that was being insisted upon by the self proclaimed “insiders”".

I asked so what happens if the rumoured return for a month now (Delisle, Bedkowski and picks), is exactly the return, and your random made up feud with "insiders" was just you being completely wrong the entire time?

Not sure how much clearer I can make it for you.

If Oshawa trades Delisle, Bedkowski, three 2nds and three 3rds for Colby Barlow, it would be an overpay. Meaning Oshawa would be giving up too much in return for too little.

Maybe Barlow will go on to score 75 goals this year and lead the Generals to a Memorial Cup, while Delisle struggles to get fourth line minutes in Owen Sound and Bedkowski sits out the entire year with his arm injury. That’s a possibility. Certainly not a very realistic possibility, however there’s a slim chance that everything could unfold that way and it turns out to be a fantastic deal for Oshawa.

But as always, I stand by my previous comments. And as I’ve said from day one, it would be an overpay for Oshawa.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van

If Oshawa trades Delisle, Bedkowski, three 2nds and three 3rds for Colby Barlow, it would be an overpay. Meaning Oshawa would be giving up too much in return for too little.

Maybe Barlow will go on to score 75 goals this year and lead the Generals to a Memorial Cup, while Delisle struggles to get fourth line minutes in Owen Sound and Bedkowski sits out the entire year with his arm injury. That’s a possibility. Certainly not a very realistic possibility, however there’s a slim chance that everything could unfold that way and it turns out to be a fantastic deal for Oshawa.

But as always, I stand by my previous comments. And as I’ve said from day one, it would be an overpay for Oshawa.
He wasn’t asking if you think it’s an overpayment. He wants to know if you’ll continue to take shots at people who provide information or if you’ll finally give them credit.

Reactions: frontsfan67

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022

Most trades for big stars are overpays. But without overpaying you’re definitely not getting that bit star that makes your team better.

Think of the positives here ol’ Donnie. Griffin will be staying and you get one of the best pure goal scorers in the chl

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
He wasn’t asking if you think it’s an overpayment. He wants to know if you’ll continue to take shots at people who provide information or if you’ll finally give them credit.

Are you only concerned with “guessing” what the trade will involve? If that’s the case, what are you and other “insiders” going to say if and when Oshawa doesn’t end up dealing Delisle and Bedkowski along with a half dozen 2nd and 3rds for Barlow?

I’m much more concerned with analyzing how a trade will impact the teams rather than “guessing” what’s going to be involved. And as I’ve explained numerous times, it’s too much for Oshawa to give up and I don’t believe Roger Hunt is dumb enough to make that kind of mistake.

I’ve never once said the Barlow-to-Oshawa trade will not happen - - only that it would be an over pay for the Generals to bring him in based on the purported cost. It’s possible that Hunt has a lapse in judgment or makes a panic move out of desperation.

But I stand by what I said about it being an overpayment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad