Owen Sound Attack 2024-25 Season, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
About the only thing he has got wrong since the end of last season....fantastic off season!!!
I've been the resident crank here about DeGray's moves and still lean on the side of I'd like a fresh voice for the organization, but even I can admit his recruitment has been excellent this off-season. If the rumoured Barlow deal goes through, he's handled the sell-off about as well as could be expected, and I think the team with a new coaching staff and a chance to reset things could end up doing better than last year's team.

So credit where it's due.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
With all the NHL FA invite lists coming out I'm a little surprised James Petrovski isn't going anywhere. I feel like he's a pretty well rounded player but probably hurt by not being exceptional at anything. I think this will be a very big year for him in Owen Sound. He should play big minutes and all situations. I'll be interested to see what he does with the opportunity.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
With all the NHL FA invite lists coming out I'm a little surprised James Petrovski isn't going anywhere. I feel like he's a pretty well rounded player but probably hurt by not being exceptional at anything. I think this will be a very big year for him in Owen Sound. He should play big minutes and all situations. I'll be interested to see what he does with the opportunity.
Definitely surprising given the strong reviews he got at the Rangers' training camp last year, he seemed like a borderline Training Camp ELC candidate. Also shows how rough a season it was for so many players on the team that their pro prospects greatly diminished.

He's clearly got the tools to be a top pairing OHL defender but he has to show it this season. Can't think of a better situation for him with little competition for big minutes, and with a new coach.

Although you're right without any exceptional tools in his toolbox, his NHL potential is probably limited or non-existent barring a massive step forward.

leafsrdue

Oct 4, 2014
Info from the Jets board indicates that Barlow is not doing very well at their camp. Chances of him sticking with them seem slim. Then what?

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
No offence to the guy that wrote this, but this isn't any "news", this is just him thinking out loud and not understanding how this works. He said if they get off to bad starts, Moore and/or Mustard might leave college to join the OHL? Moore isn't even going to BC this season, he's still at USNTDP...

He also says the Jets were mad Barlow trained with them instead of going to OS camp? There's just absolutely no way that's true. 'How dare you work with our NHL level coaches instead of going to your junior team's camp against 16 year olds!!!?" Come on....

Last edited:

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Info from the Jets board indicates that Barlow is not doing very well at their camp. Chances of him sticking with them seem slim. Then what?
He was never making the Jets this year. If anything, this just means he comes back to the OHL a little earlier and this saga comes to an end with the completion of the trade to Oshawa.

Reactions: frontsfan67

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Noticed Trent Gates elite prospects has been updated. Seems he could spend some time with St Catherines in the GOJHL at some point this year. Curious if anyone else does something similar with the changes around affiliate players this year.

1726497969633.png

Reactions: three dog night

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Noticed Trent Gates elite prospects has been updated. Seems he could spend some time with St Catherines in the GOJHL at some point this year. Curious if anyone else does something similar with the changes around affiliate players this year.

View attachment 907265
they are never right until OHL season starts. Have the attack announced they signed him?

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
they are never right until OHL season starts. Have the attack announced they signed him?
Still waiting on Trent Gates, Ty Therrien and Rafik Varosyan. All are with the Attack and on the team but nothing officially announced yet.

Who wouldn't want some of that on their team this year? Really curious what the market bears for Konnor Smith.

• Wow
Reactions: frontsfan67

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
For those of you who have been around the rink, what are the Attack PP units looking like? I'm really curious what personnel they deploy. There's no clear cut PP1 group in my mind. There's a number of configurations they could go with that makes sense to me. Petrovski and Bleicher in a two D power play unit is intriguing to me if they were to steer away from what has become the norm of 1D and 4F.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
For those of you who have been around the rink, what are the Attack PP units looking like? I'm really curious what personnel they deploy. There's no clear cut PP1 group in my mind. There's a number of configurations they could go with that makes sense to me. Petrovski and Bleicher in a two D power play unit is intriguing to me if they were to steer away from what has become the norm of 1D and 4F.
I don't think there is/ will be a clear cut line until McCue is back.
The used 4F, 1D in North Bay.
I imagine McCue, Waddick, Varosyan Hookey, eventually Mbuyi, on D-Petrovsky , Ethier, Rogers, Bleicher, even Arnett. That boy is a force already

I think it's all very much a work in progress.

Reactions: Stellar29

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
At the moment there has been no clear cut units that this bench staff has set on.

From what I can tell there's been 4 different PP units we've seen in 2 preseason contests. And up to at least 6 different PK units that have been tried thus far. But no clear cut number 1 & 2 units for each.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
I don't think there is/ will be a clear cut line until McCue is back.
The used 4F, 1D in North Bay.
I imagine McCue, Waddick, Varosyan Hookey, eventually Mbuyi, on D-Petrovsky , Ethier, Rogers, Bleicher, even Arnett. That boy is a force already

I think it's all very much a work in progress.
Arnett is really interesting. He's out performed expectations in the early going. He looks awfully comfortable out there for 16. I'm looking forward to getting a first hand look at the home games this week.

Reactions: Millpond

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
what is the changes regarding affiliate players?
The changes were around unlimited call ups prior to the January trade deadline and then limits to ten games afterward. Also expected to remove the limits on 16 year old players in the junior B loop.

I was trying to find the original post with the details but no dice. If I've said anything incorrect please jump in and correct me. It was originally posted by someone with far more knowledge and credibility than me.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
The changes were around unlimited call ups prior to the January trade deadline and then limits to ten games afterward. Also expected to remove the limits on 16 year old players in the junior B loop.

I was trying to find the original post with the details but no dice. If I've said anything incorrect please jump in and correct me. It was originally posted by someone with far more knowledge and credibility than me.

your pretty much right, there has been a few memos on it and they were working on it over the summer. i believe its pretty much done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad