Owen Sound Attack 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
Now that was a very impressive win in Attackland!!!
The boys played like a TEAM, they played hard for each other and they proved to themselves that they can come back from a two goal deficit in the third period. I know it's still early in the season but it's games like this that will help these guys bond and build from within.
Even after outplaying and heavily out shooting the Rangers (47-29) we needed some big saves from Guzda to keep it close in the third period and he came through.
Congrats boys, keep it rolling with two more tough games ahead this weekend.

Reactions: Squirrel

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
A confidence builder for Attack team mates and fans alike.
Mack Guzda was great tonight.

Popov and Niz are looking like two great players.

Reactions: Squirrel

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Good bounce back game versus the Rangers tonight.

Team really played a solid 60 minute effort limiting the Rangers chances and special teams. Even though the guys didn't get their special teams going they played good man to man coverage on the defensive side of the game. Guzda had a solid game in net especially in the late stages of the game.

Guzer really shut the door in the shootout only giving up 1 goal on 5 shooters.

Onwards and forwards into London Friday before coming home Saturday versus the Soo Greyhounds. Good to see the continued effort and up tempo style showing results early on in the season.

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
Good bounce back game versus the Rangers tonight.

Team really played a solid 60 minute effort limiting the Rangers chances and special teams. Even though the guys didn't get their special teams going they played good man to man coverage on the defensive side of the game. Guzda had a solid game in net especially in the late stages of the game.

Guzer really shut the door in the shootout only giving up 1 goal on 5 shooters.

Onwards and forwards into London Friday before coming home Saturday versus the Soo Greyhounds. Good to see the continued effort and up tempo style showing results early on in the season.

Although the pp didnt do much the PK was absolutely massive killing off two 5 on 3’s and almost scoring a few times in the process as well as scoring right after the first one ended and almost doing it again when the second one ended. It was an awesome hockey game fun to watch. Wish OT was 10 mins instead of 5. The 3on 3 is exciting

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
Not sure if anyone caught this video/announcement by the Erie Otters. Mascot Shooter is out and they are announcing a new one. Guess our trip to Erie in January won't have the famous toiler paper shooting.

Reactions: BehindSooNet

Attackfan72

Dec 30, 2018
This team will be alright tonight, 2 games on the road before playing tonight at home against the Storm showed the guys several things. One being that to win you have to play for a full 60 minute game.

The team didn't play a bad game last night from Guelph, this is the development part of the game. The team will come out and play that same up temp game they did in Barrie Thursday night, this is simply because the coaching staff won't let the team slide backwards.

The coaches demand the players play up tempo type game and I'm sure the crowd support will play a factor in the rematch this evening at the Bayshore. Everyone has to remember that this team has 10 guys who weren't in the lineup at this point last season.

Which is a major turnover of personal.

The big things that stood out last night versus the Storm were common things that would naturally happen in a rivalry game. One being line matchups the Storm line matched us and got there top 6 forwards out against our 1st year guys. Flipping the situation around to tonight where we get the line matchups against the Storm and we should see a difference in the outcome.
Played worst game I have seen in years tonight vs London. And still won, I'll take it!

Reactions: Noofgoof

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Here's what I learned this week .

Alan Letang's players do not quit on him .

The Attack believe in themselves

Mac Guzda is as good as any goalie in the O.

We will be supporting the boys tomorrow night, where we hope to see a little gift served to our friends from the North .

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
There are no easy roads to success in this league and tonight's was another night that showed that hard work can prevail in the league no matter how the game plays out.

Tonight was a night where hardwork and resilience paid off in an overtime win. The middle frame continues to be a work in progress early on this season for the guys but strong 3rd frames and tightening up defensively has shown good results thus far in the season.

Tomorrow is another day and as long as the guys continue this trend of never quit work ethic then I believe that we will be in for a real treat as the season progresses forward. Guzda has shown he can be a big game goalie when he has to winning two tight contests thus far in two competitive opponents in Kitchener and London.

Soo tomorrow won't be any easier of an opponent but with the team's work ethic so far and confidence from winning tonight coming home tomorrow against the Greyhounds this team should be sharp and continue the compete level we've seen so far into 2019-20.

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
Interesting to see Guzda getting the start tonight. 3 starts in 4 nights. Would have expected to see Chenard in net tonight, especially since Soo is supposedly starting their backup. Let's see if he can keep his focus going from the last two games.

A couple of character wins this week. Team seems to be responding well to the coaching staff's approaches, haven't really seen that since McGill.

Battle for 1st place in the West tonight at the Bayshore. Go Attack go!!

Reactions: Noofgoof

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
Wow, 3 great performances from Guzda in 4 days. He looks to be dialed in right now and may well be developing some consistency in his game.

This team is on a roll, they're finding ways to get the job done. Coaching staff seems to be getting the most out of the players. All around great effort this week!

Reactions: Millpond

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
I really like how some of the 3rd and 4th line guys have solid roles on the PK and PP. Allows the top guys to have a break. Much different than last year when the top lines did everything. Guys like G. Wilso and K. Nitz (sp) come to mind as guys that are filling in on the special teams and making an impact.

Lots of other positives across the board. I really like the make up of the team right now.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Wilson was our top faceoff guy last night, and his line provide some much needed minutes.

Everybody is contributing to the team success.

I believe all of these guys know their role .

We've got some great rookies on the team . Exciting to watch them .

Guzda and MacLean numbers, both as starters are near identical .

Anyone think it was wrong to make deals last spring ??

All the guys who came in have had an impact on the club .

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Nice to see Guzda get recognized for his wins this week and his outstanding play keeping the boys in the games. Well done Guz! Nice boost for his confidence.
OHL ‘On the Run’ Player of the Week: Mack Guzda – Ontario Hockey League

Guzer had really taken the reigns as a starter role in the crease this season so far. He's really using his frame to make saves and not overthinking playing the puck, which is nice to see.

His decision making has been spot on this season in the games I've seen him start, slowing the play down when he has to and letting the guys in front of him change and keeping the up tempo style going when he has to by keeping the play going. He's made key saves and given the guys a chance to get their puck possession gameplan going in key parts of games.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Alan Letang.... Coach of the Year!!

Maybe a tad jumping the gun on COY honours as it's still early with only 9 games in, however I would certainly revisit AL being in consideration by trade-deadline time. For right now he's been a good competitive coach and his coach staff shares his high energy coaching style. For right now here's what I see from Al that I like.

He's getting the kids to buy into the systems and they have been successful so far into the early part of the season. He demands they play a uptempo style game and the kids have bought into the gameplan so far with success.

If they continue to make steps forward like they have then positioning in the top half of the conference is always in contention for this team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad