Over/under 55.5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Over/under 55.5

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
This one is for the gamblers out there.

Last time I checked the Over/under was 55.5 for Matthews goals.

So if you are a gambler you taking the over or under.

He only needs 53 for the franchise record

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
I think he will probably hit 55 goals. Maybe 60. But I don’t think he will replicate last years numbers.

He had 69 goals and what? 19? 20 posts last season? That is absolutely insane.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I think he will probably hit 55 goals. Maybe 60. But I don’t think he will replicate last years numbers.

He had 69 goals and what? 19? 20 posts last season? That is absolutely insane.

20 posts, I saw it on Twitter a couple days ago

Reactions: bax

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Don't know how much Berube system will affect him but if I had to pick between more or less goals it would be less. That plus injuries I'd do under 55.

If I know for sure he's a going to be healthy for 82 games then I would do over

Reactions: Insidefi

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
So hard to believe I'm saying this but if he ONLY gets fifty that would be a let down.

He scored twenty less after hitting sixty the first time. If that happens again he'll be at forty nine. That's a lot of goals that anyone should he proud to score in one season.

But four less than what he needs to break the Leafs record.

I think even Matthews himself would call it a bit disappointing. Unfinished business to say the least. Not the end of the world mind you.

I mean it's still forty nine goals ffs.

Just that we Leafs fans have been spoiled by Matthews accomplishments. We've come to expect great things from him. So when he only comes in as just really, really, good it does seem like a bit of a let down.

Like if McDavid "only" gets a hundred points next year.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Or if you read the OP

lol, I actually did read the OP, but didn't reply the first time in the thread

Then why respond?

He needs you to know how mad he is about the playoffs that he can't derive any enjoyment from the regular season or player accomplishments or franchise history.

I don't want to hear a single damn word from these people during the season when we aren't playing well.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I don't want to hear a single damn word from these people during the season when we aren't playing well.

The most annoying part of our fanbase. When we play bad it is proof we will never win in playoffs. When we play well it doesn't matter cause it isn't the playoffs lol

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Who cares about regular season goal, the real question is will he disappear in the playoffs again………

The most annoying part of our fanbase. When we play bad it is proof we will never win in playoffs. When we play well it doesn't matter cause it isn't the playoffs lol
It’s hard to face facts when all you have is wishes and dreams………

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
You can go with that reasoning all you like but an extremely strong playoff showing from Matthews would be far more beneficial to his legacy than another rocket Trophy / elite regular season.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
You can go with that reasoning all you like but an extremely strong playoff showing from Matthews would be far more beneficial to his legacy than another rocket Trophy / elite regular season.

I think he is ready for it and was doing it this year before getting really sick. People just ignore how he was playing

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

I want both those things

Reactions: bax

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
depends if Berube system is more defensive and offense limiting or if we play similar style system as with Keefe just being more aggresive in front of our goalie.

Worst case he gets 45 goals

Reasonable he should be 50-55

Best case - 60-65

Not expecting another 70ish goal season but 60-65 is doable if the offense clicks and we dont have on-ice troubles due to pending contracts and what not

I'll go 57 goals and 44 assists in 79 games

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
20 posts, I saw it on Twitter a couple days ago
He was second to only Kucherov in shot attempts, and third to Kucherov and Pastrnak in shots.

Among forwards he was ninth in shot attempts that were blocked.

He led in total missed shots:
- most (tied with Forsberg) in shots wide
- 13th (tied) in shots over
- most posts
- most crossbars (tied)
- but tied for 38th in shots missing on the short side, so there is still room for improvement.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
He was second to only Kucherov in shot attempts, and third to Kucherov and Pastrnak in shots.

Among forwards he was ninth in shot attempts that were blocked.

He led in total missed shots:
- most (tied with Forsberg) in shots wide
- 13th (tied) in shots over
- most posts
- most crossbars (tied)
- but tied for 38th in shots missing on the short side, so there is still room for improvement.

You mean he could more than 69 goals? I can't imagine that.

mjd1001

May 24, 2022
If he doesn't get hurt or miss any games...then over.

But that is part of the issue, there is always the chance of an injury or missed games.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
You mean he could more than 69 goals? I can't imagine that.
I really wasn't offering any opinion on how many goals he scores, just suggesting he could improve the number of times he misses short side.

I think 69 is a number every man strives for....

ClarkSittler

Mar 25, 2014
I think with Berube as coach and the fact he's now wearing the "C", he'll focus more on being a two way centre. Not that he was bad defensively before, just think he'll up that area of his game and hopefully get even better at faceoffs.

Don't think he'll get to 56, can still see him scoring 50 though.

Personally I don't care how many goals he ends up with as long as the team has success, sure hitting 70 would be amazing, but I'd much rather we went on a deep Cup run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad