Outdoor game

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008
Not sure if this has been addressed so feel free to merge this thread, but I'm an isles fan from New York and was thinking about heading out to Chicago for outdoor game. Was wondering what the weather was going to be like

I sat through isles/rangers game at Yankee stadium, it was in single digits. I love visiting Chicago for the food and city atmosphere, but was wondering if it was worth it for the outdoor game? If there is not "juice" for game would just wait for summer and hit up billy Joel concert or a cubs game. Thanks for the input.

Last edited:

LBS8844

Apr 10, 2013
Been to just a few Dec./Jan. Bears games. The lakefront winds can turn that place into an arctic freezer. That said, while I'd agree with the possibility of anywhere from 0-50F, I'd think on March 1st the odds would be somewhat improved. Been to some chilly St. Patrick's Day parades, and some very warm ones. The game experience will run 4-5 hours...layer up properly in the event of inordinate cold/winds (good pairs of boots and gloves and adequate wind-breaking are mission-critical), and enjoy the game. I'll be there.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Average temps in Chicago for March 1st is high of 41, low of 22.

But there's a few factors (besides the obvious randomness of weather). The game is at night, which leans towards colder. Also the temperatures since mid October have been far below average almost constantly.

The game is only 20 days away. I'll be at the game also. I'm expecting frigid temps, and if it's anything else then that's a bonus.

LBS8844

Apr 10, 2013
Average temps in Chicago for March 1st is high of 41, low of 22.

But there's a few factors (besides the obvious randomness of weather). The game is at night, which leans towards colder. Also the temperatures since mid October have been far below average almost constantly.

The game is only 20 days away. I'll be at the game also. I'm expecting frigid temps, and if it's anything else then that's a bonus.

Unless the temps are sub-frigid, bolstered by strong winds.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00