Out of Town Thread XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
If only Pastrnak dropped one more spot.........

Ah **** it, Habs woulda traded him away.
Theres no way hed be this good down here. Not a single superstar forward since Guy Lafleur. Its a deep rooted issue in the core beliefs of this province. People of QC like the hard working blue collar more than the superstar. Weve seen it with Subban, weve seen it with Price, Kovalev, heck, even Domi is getting it to an extent. Wed rather have hard work than talent.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Theres no way hed be this good down here. Not a single superstar forward since Guy Lafleur. Its a deep rooted issue in the core beliefs of this province. People of QC like the hard working blue collar more than the superstar. Weve seen it with Subban, weve seen it with Price, Kovalev, heck, even Domi is getting it to an extent. Wed rather have hard work than talent.

I think that Pastrnak would have been good here, but less good. He might be a 60-point player.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

People miss Subban and cried, likely literally because of his departure.

A bunch of dumb fans went to the bell centre and wanted Kovalev back over Koivu.

People like the skilled players with major flaws over being patient.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Your claim if Quebec people liking hard working players more then star players, or skilled players is false.
Well obviously theres going to be people that dont swallow up everything the media sells them.

Otherwise, just look at the public perception of a guy like Francis Bouillon compared to Andrei Markov.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
You're right about Quebec people, bit he's right about the RDS/TVA nexus.

I didn't see what he said about TVA sports/RDS, but if he called them a joke I agree.

I remember watching a game on RDS, Montreal Vs. Anothwr team that wasn't Tampa. RDS spent about 5-7 minutes going on and on about Tampa and their french players.

Same if a french player scored a goal in a game that they weren't covering they would go on and on about him. Sure, share the info about the guy, but unless I'm mistaken, which I could be as I never looked much into RDS' terms, they're to cover the habs and they failed most games.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
As soon as he admitted to employing racial slurs with his players, he was cooked. I still think Aliu should have just stated the facts without hinting that his career was a failure because of Peters. And I still believe Carcillo is just a giant crybaby who just wants to stay relevant.

Yeah, can't have that. It was unacceptable when it happened and it will always be. But, in the age of social media, whatever he did, he can no longer escape.

He resigned but we all suspect that he was given the opportunity to resign or get fired.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I liked your post but not for the news......always horrible news to hear that

RIP Mr. Fleury

Don't know Mr. Fleury but I do know that his son is well-loved by players and fans alike. He comes across as a down-to-earth, genuine good guy.

I'd like to think that his dad had something to do with that. And if so -- job well done. RIP.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I cant believe nothing will come out on Therrien.

Totally agree with this.

We've already seen accounts from former players in past years, I suspect there is a lot more to it than that.

The bus driver who was the recipient of Therrien's toenail clippings and flatulence, is probably just the tip of the iceberg for that oaf.

And then there is lesser stuff but just as much lacking in respect when Therrien was coaching the Pens and he happened to be in an elevator with a father and young son. The dad greeted Therrien, told him he was a Pens fan, after which Therrien interacted with the fan's kid. Therien stuck out his index finger and instructed the kid to pull on it -- as the kid obliged, Therrien ripped out a fart. What kind of human being even thinks of doing this kind of stuff.

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Yeah, can't have that. It was unacceptable when it happened and it will always be. But, in the age of social media, whatever he did, he can no longer escape.

He resigned but we all suspect that he was given the opportunity to resign or get fired.

I think the whole delay on the decision was because lawyers were looking at ways the Flames can get rid of Peters without having to pay him the remainder of his contract. Him resigning is a way to do that. They may have been "investigating," but we know they were never going to bring him back.

Reactions: jaffy27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad