Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Zach Hyman 50 pts in 45 games. Wow

Always thought he was a decent player. With the obvious other players and Kane coming back, the Oilers should get better. Their defence still isn‘t great and their goaltending is still suspect, though I think Campbell would show better if he had more structure in front of him.

Reactions: DavePeak

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Freedom of choice is not freedom from consequences. Provorov chose to take the low road and out his homophobic beliefs. He will be called homophobic for the rest of his career and he doesn't deserve less to be honest. Imagine sitting out of the teddy bear drive for 'personal beliefs'. On a night dedicated to inclusiveness, what a joke Provorov has made the NHL.
No, freedom is freedom. You shouldn't force anybody to do anything period. The best example of this was in an episode of Seinfeld. Kramer was part of a march to support cause. And in the march there were buttons to support the cause. The organizer was like "hey Kramer, why don't you wear the button?" Kramer was like "cause I don't want to". The guy was pissed and wanted him to wear the button and was wondering why he didn't want to. And Kramer was like "I'm here, am I not? I support the cause. But I don't want to wear a button". Respect each other's freedom.
Players are forced to wear whatever the team and the league ask them to wear. Caufield can't play next game if he is not wearing the Montreal Canadien jersey. He's free to not wear it and go play somewhere else in Europe. But if he wants to play in the NHL for the Montreal Canadiens he has to wear the jersey. The whole "a team can't force a player to wear a jersey" is pure uter BS and do not exist. The NHL and teams force players to wear a jersey every ***** game.

Also Provonov was not forced to wear a jersey. He did not wear it and did not attend the warm up. There's really no story here from the "can't force a player to wear a jersey" perspective. The Flyers can force a player to wear a specific jersey for warm up and a player can choose to not attend and face the consequences if the team chose to apply some. And from the other side perspective people have the right to blame him for that. There's absolutely zero problem with calling out religious people for their stupidity. People do it all the time with Muslim specially Charlie Hebdo.

Would the story be any different if the jersey would have been in support of vets? Like a military style jersey? I bet you most people who support Provorov atm would not suport him and call him out for it. It's not about freedom. We all know what this story is about. Let's not hide and pretend it's about freedom.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
1674070385466.png

• Wow
Reactions: Habs13 and Redux91

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
Players are forced to wear whatever the team and the league ask them to wear. Caufield can't play next game if he is not wearing the Montreal Canadien jersey. He's free to not wear it and go play somewhere else in Europe. But if he wants to play in the NHL for the Montreal Canadiens he has to wear the jersey. The whole "a team can't force a player to wear a jersey" is pure uter BS and do not exist. The NHL and teams force players to wear a jersey every ***** game.

Also Provonov was not forced to wear a jersey. He did not wear it and did not attend the warm up. There's really no story here from the "can't force a player to wear a jersey" perspective. The Flyers can force a player to wear a specific jersey for warm up and a player can choose to not attend and face the consequences if the team chose to apply some. And from the other side perspective people have the right to blame him for that. There's absolutely zero problem with calling out religious people for their stupidity. People do it all the time with Muslim specially Charlie Hebdo.

Would the story be any different if the jersey would have been in support of vets? Like a military style jersey? I bet you most people who support Provorov atm would not suport him and call him out for it. It's not about freedom. We all know what this story is about. Let's not hide and pretend it's about freedom.
Everyone wants to see people uselessly lecture others with their politics on a hockey forum. It's the best, and I'm sure it's totally convincing everyone that your way is the right way.

If someone thought differently than you, it's totally your opinion on a hockey forum that will change their mind!

Or maybe people are just doing this for their daily outrage dopamine hit?

Nahhhhh.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Everyone wants to see people uselessly lecture others with their politics on a hockey forum. It's the best, and I'm sure it's totally convincing everyone that your way is the right way.

If someone thought differently than you, it's totally your opinion on a hockey forum that will change their mind!

Or maybe people are just doing this for their daily outrage dopamine hit?

Nahhhhh.
Are you talking about me or the other guy? Because i'm not sharing any opinions here. It is a fact that players have to wear a specific jersey to play in the NHL. It's not an opinion. It also a fact that's it's perfectly fine to call out religious people. It's called freedom of speech. People do it all the time with all reglions.

Oh yeah i shared one opinion. The opinion that some people would not support Provorov as much if it would have been a military jersey to support the troops. Ultimately it is an opinion i'll give you that.

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
Are you talking about me or the other guy? Because i'm not sharing any opinions here. It is a fact that players have to wear a specific jersey to play in the NHL. It's not an opinion. It also a fact that's it's perfectly fine to call out religious people. It's called freedom of speech. People do it all the time with all reglions.

Oh yeah i shared one opinion. The opinion that some people would not support Provorov as much if it would have been a military jersey to support the troops. Ultimately it is an opinion i'll give you that.
I'm talking about anyone arguing with each other on the topic. Some people believe the freedom of religion takes precedence. Some believe it does not and human decency takes precedence.

While there are lots of fun topics to argue about on a hockey forum, I'm pretty sure this is one where one side will not convince the other, and that futility is probably why all the mods are closing any threads that pop up about it.

Reactions: LaP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad