HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Edmonton Maple Leafs

So many parallels. From shitty goalies,bad defenses, overpaid contracts

Crusty old GM clubs that quadruple down on failures.

Kenny Holland wont trade a first, wont trade any prospects as he waste the years of two of the best players of this generation
But Edmonton’s stars show up. That’s what’s really frustrating for them. They just have no help. Nurse’s contract is sooooo bad.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Keefe seems like a nice guy and he gets to move on with an extension in the pocket(npi) and will probably get a gig elsewhere, hi Kyle lol. His biggest mistake was allowing the big money boys to run the show. He couldn't publicly say anything critical of the big 4 without having to walk it back a few days later.

The new guy must have a spine and not be worried that he hurts some feelings. A disciplinarian style has to be the new approach because being passive didn't work for Keefe. Did they fire Boucher as well? If not, a 1-3-1 might be the new style in TO.
Yeah that was really weird.

Why he walked that back I’ll never understand.

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Sheldon Keefe on Toronto Maple Leafs firing: 'I didn't get it done in the playoffs' | TSN

What a title to an article from TSN but man did MLSE do him dirty with what they got him to say.

Quote "I didn't get it done in the playoffs," Keefe said. "I didn't push our team over the line and deliver. I accept responsibility for that. No excuses. That's the job. I didn't get it done. That's the reality of the business and I accept it."
Temporary bitter pill but he handled it with the utmost class. Credit to the guy.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yes, Allen refused to lift it in November when the Devils tried to acquire him, but accepted at the deadline.
Allen was more than happy for a trade getting him out of the 3-goalie gridlock. Nothing says he wouldn’t have waived for the Oilers if that’s the opportunity Hughes presented to him.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Is it on account of the solar flares from the potential power outages thread?

AC expected to be out of order. :sarcasm:
Oh that's interesting. I saw the power outages thread but I didn't open it since I figured it was due to a tornado warning or something and never expected solar flares as possibly being the cause.

I knew there was a decent sized sunspot from a picture I had seen yesterday of the sun and I was gonna go out and take a picture of it today but it clouded over before I could go out so I never got one.

Hopefully we get some very strong aurora's from this although we don't get them very strong around these parts but I have photographed them around here in the past with decent results. Well for around these parts anyhow.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Hopefully we get some very strong aurora's from this although we don't get them very strong around these parts but I have photographed them around here in the past with decent results. Well for around these parts anyhow.
Operative word: “around”

Missing sentence-ending words: “plus other parts (around here)”

Alternate, all-encompassing wording: “plus other memories”

;)

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad