HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Every time I watch an Oilers series, it reminds me of why someone needs to travel back in time and fire the Hell out of Ken Holland before he could obstinately refuse to get these f***ers a decent goalie over and over and over and over and over.

That, and not improve their defense. Nurse-Ceci is not a #1 pair. Ceci, Nurse, and Skinner were awful.

Also, Draisaitl seems hurt again. Don't know when that happened, though.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Skinner is awful goalie. And Oilers coach was sleep walking too, where was timeout after 4-4?

I agree probably should have called a time out but dont think any thing was going to fix the fact Skinner just doesnt have it

All 5 were stoppable if he had any semblance of mobility or puck tracking. He is like Monty was when he arrived in MTL, frankly worse

That, and not improve their defense. Nurse-Ceci is not a #1 pair. Ceci, Nurse, and Skinner were awful.

Good thing Edmonton held onto Broberg, that first rounder

Hey but he did acquire Troy Stetcher tho

total Bergyvision

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
While its only game one, it just boggles the mind that Holland thinks his team from last year who couldnt make it to conference finals, is somehow better adding Perry, Brown, Stetcher, Henrique and Carrick. How was that going to move the needle?

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax

As long as Nurse is on that team there is no way their defense gets better. He is getting paid like a #1D and is such a inefficient use of cap space on a team without any.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
While its only game one, it just boggles the mind that Holland thinks his team from last year who couldnt make it to conference finals, is somehow better adding Perry, Brown, Stetcher, Henrique and Carrick. How was that going to move the needle?
Very typical of old school Team Canada GM. Thinks the way to victory is through getting grinders and depth pieces and hoping it just works out. The Oilers are giving McDavid the Price treatment by not properly giving him a proper supporting cast. You have 2 of the best players in the NHL, one of whom is generational talent. The fact they have glaring holes and no fixes is concerning.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Very typical of old school Team Canada GM. Thinks the way to victory is through getting grinders and depth pieces and hoping it just works out. The Oilers are giving McDavid the Price treatment by not properly giving him a proper supporting cast. You have 2 of the best players in the NHL, one of whom is generational talent. The fact they have glaring holes and no fixes is concerning.

Im not sure it's a fair critique that he hasn't been given a proper supporting cast...

Hyman, Kane, Ekholm, Henrique & Kulak were all pretty solid trades/signings that considerably improved their depth.
Draisatl, RNH, Bouchard& McLeod are pretty solid home grown talents in their respective roles. Nurse too until KH took Holland to the cleaner.

I'm not sure what other team has a better group of 10 skaters, especially with McD & Drai leading the pack.

I think the issue is more about the head scratching lack of attention to fixing their goalie situation. Campbell was a huge miss, but doubling down on Skinner & Pickard is unforgivable. Holland's stubbornness in not biting the bullet to add a solid 1B (like Allen) to bolster that obvious weakness makes no sense to me... Vegas showed last year how to leverage decent G depth to offset lacking or missing on your intended #1G

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I voted. You get 4 choices. I went with Mountaineers, HC, Outlaws and Blizzard.

Powder is just stupid.

Powder? WTH does that even mean. I didn't know Mexican cartels went as far as Utah.

My issue wit HC is that it's too much like Soccer.

I saw on FB someone mentioning the team being called The Stingers and the arena called The Hive since Utah is the beehive state.
I think the idea is pretty awesome.

Oh Beehive!

Mike-Myers-Austin-Powers-1-.jpg

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I came here searching for opinions about that. When I first read it before coming here, I sayd to myself that Canyons was the only one that worked.

And I seem to be the only one feeling this way so far

All I know is the Grand Canyon. Is that the Little Canyon?

Edit: alright I picked Fury, Mammoth, Mountaineers and Outlaws. I don't like any of the names but I figured might as well pick fun names like Mammoth. lol

Instead of Ice, I would not mind if a possible name would have been "Fire & Ice". Also the Blades.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Can you imagine Pastrnak getting a commotion because of a fight that happened in a 6-1 loss? But now that it didn't happen..hourra the hero? Really? That was so stupid. And if that's what was needed for the Bruisn to win a playoff series....well that means that Florida wasn't great to begin with.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Hes had a bad 5 month stretch, after a career best year last season and an even better start over the first 2 months of the season...

Guentzel & Kuznetsov additions further pushed down the ice time post deadline and into the playoffs.

Will be interesting to see how/if he responds this summer and next season.

At 23 & 8th from his draft class in production even with this brutal season, I'd say it's still too early to write him off, but the clock is ticking to be sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad