HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
Name suggested for Salt Lake:

Frost, Ice, the Powder, the Mountaineers, the Freeze, the Mammoth, the Black Diamonds, the Blast, the Moose, the Blizzard, the Swarm, the Hive, the Outlaws, the Yeti, the Squall, the Fury, the Glaciers, the Canyons, the Venom, Utah HC.

Are there any that much bees in Utah or what?

I like the idea of having a big mammoth as logo but the name kind of sound bad. The Blast...Stormy Daniel's favorite team? The Moose, they are Mooses over there? I like the idea of the mountain connection but Mountaineers sounds corny. I guess Fury is the least bad name. You can design a mean logo with that.
I saw on FB someone mentioning the team being called The Stingers and the arena called The Hive since Utah is the beehive state.
I think the idea is pretty awesome.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Team Canada will have McDavid, Mackinnon, Bedard, Mckenna who could very well be the 4 best forwards in the league, but if Skinner is the goalie it won't really be enough to make up for that.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
every single goal on Skinner is stopped by 90% of NHL goalies

Edmonton hasnt played well by any means but its all on Skinner. The goals werent from good chances

1 - slow to react to a missed shot
2 - puts in his own net
3 - bad angle, barely moved
4 - point shot
5 - bus drove thru 5 hole

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Team Canada will have McDavid, Mackinnon, Bedard, Mckenna who could very well be the 4 best forwards in the league, but if Skinner is the goalie it won't really be enough to make up for that.

Adin Hill, Jordan Binnington and Montembeault are well ahead of Skinner. TC won gold at WC with Monty.

Kiss Under the Guy

Mar 21, 2022
Name suggested for Salt Lake:

Frost, Ice, the Powder, the Mountaineers, the Freeze, the Mammoth, the Black Diamonds, the Blast, the Moose, the Blizzard, the Swarm, the Hive, the Outlaws, the Yeti, the Squall, the Fury, the Glaciers, the Canyons, the Venom, Utah HC.

Are there any that much bees in Utah or what?

I like the idea of having a big mammoth as logo but the name kind of sound bad. The Blast...Stormy Daniel's favorite team? The Moose, they are Mooses over there? I like the idea of the mountain connection but Mountaineers sounds corny. I guess Fury is the least bad name. You can design a mean logo with that.
I came here searching for opinions about that. When I first read it before coming here, I sayd to myself that Canyons was the only one that worked.

And I seem to be the only one feeling this way so far

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Amazing come back by Canucks. Damn, they absolutely shut down Oilers in 2nd half of game. It was really legit.

Miller has improved his defensive game a ton. Lindholm was a good pickup in that regard. Zadorov is a freaking monster.
Cosentino compare the defensemen he rated #2 in the draft to Zadorov. I see a Zadorov type as a 2nd round pick.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Amazing come back by Canucks. Damn, they absolutely shut down Oilers in 2nd half of game. It was really legit.

Miller has improved his defensive game a ton. Lindholm was a good pickup in that regard. Zadorov is a freaking monster.
Miller is such a beauty. My friend met him yesterday since his daughter is on the same baseball team and Miller is just ripping a ton of beers a day before a playoff game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad