HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Monahan was the better pickup in the regular season, but Lindholm is having a decent playoffs for Vancouver. Much better than Pettersson anyway who has gone Marner like soft.

Also, I wonder what kind of contract Joshua is going to get? He doesn't have much of an NHL history so I can't imagine he gets more than 3 years. 3 year, $3m per?

I dunno... While thats a very reasonable contract for a player like him, players like him often get the head scratching massive overpayment UFA deals that turn out badly.

Add the cap increase and his large incentive to prioritize the best offer out there, and I could see him hitting close to 5M per from a team/ GM dreaming of the next great late blooming PF.

Verbeek in Anaheim has the cap space and need at forward to make a big push... Ditto the Hawks, Utah and SJ.

I bet he gets [email protected] from someone

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Montreal's terrible off-season was due to Price & Weber retiring rather than anything having to do with KK.

The only move Montreal did due to that was trade for Dvorak, which was a bad move.

The Carolina situation had little to do with that summer. Weber, Price, Byron, Edmundson were all hurt. Danault & Tatar left as UFAs. KK left after all of that had already occurred.

He should have rebuilt that summer, but he didn't because he definitely thought Price was coming back. Price reported to camp then went into NHL player assistance program forcing Montreal to pick Montembeault off waivers. Price essentially retired after that season.

The Mailloux pick, the terrible start that Bergevin kept doubling down on (I believe in this team crap), the fact Montreal was getting worse during his tenure all led to his firing.
They couldn't rebuild as long as Price was around. About like Pens rebuilding with aging Crosby

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
They couldn't rebuild as long as Price was around. About like Pens rebuilding with aging Crosby

Yeah, I know. That's why Bergevin was signing people instead of rebuilding. He was under the impression that Price was having minor, clean-up surgery and would be ready for the season.

Boy, was that ever wrong. So, yeah, he was working on an assumption that proved to be a mistaken one, but he couldn't know that at the time.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I dunno... While thats a very reasonable contract for a player like him, players like him often get the head scratching massive overpayment UFA deals that turn out badly.

Add the cap increase and his large incentive to prioritize the best offer out there, and I could see him hitting close to 5M per from a team/ GM dreaming of the next great late blooming PF.

Verbeek in Anaheim has the cap space and need at forward to make a big push... Ditto the Hawks, Utah and SJ.

I bet he gets [email protected] from someone

That's insane, but I am expecting him to sign in Utah. The new owner has given his permission to spend to the cap. They have a shit load of cap space, a talented young team and a need.

Reactions: Miller Time

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Name suggested for Salt Lake:

Frost, Ice, the Powder, the Mountaineers, the Freeze, the Mammoth, the Black Diamonds, the Blast, the Moose, the Blizzard, the Swarm, the Hive, the Outlaws, the Yeti, the Squall, the Fury, the Glaciers, the Canyons, the Venom, Utah HC.

Are there any that much bees in Utah or what?

I like the idea of having a big mammoth as logo but the name kind of sound bad. The Blast...Stormy Daniel's favorite team? The Moose, they are Mooses over there? I like the idea of the mountain connection but Mountaineers sounds corny. I guess Fury is the least bad name. You can design a mean logo with that.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Name suggested for Salt Lake:

Frost, Ice, the Powder, the Mountaineers, the Freeze, the Mammoth, the Black Diamonds, the Blast, the Moose, the Blizzard, the Swarm, the Hive, the Outlaws, the Yeti, the Squall, the Fury, the Glaciers, the Canyons, the Venom, Utah HC.

Are there any that much bees in Utah or what?

I like the idea of having a big mammoth as logo but the name kind of sound bad. The Blast...Stormy Daniel's favorite team? The Moose, they are Mooses over there? I like the idea of the mountain connection but Mountaineers sounds corny. I guess Fury is the least bad name. You can design a mean logo with that.

I voted. You get 4 choices. I went with Mountaineers, HC, Outlaws and Blizzard.

Powder is just stupid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad