HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Such a underwhelming pick. They had a moment to change the narrative around the Sens and establish a new vibe around the team with a big name hire or at least an inspiring one. Out of all the coaches avaliable, Green has to be the least inspiring. I don't tend to be sympathic towards Sens fans but even this hire has me feeling it. Heck bring in Julien, at least he's from the area and won a cup.

Agreed very uninspiring.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
🤔 hmmm, for starters , not winning a f***ing thing since he’s been there and not being able to make the bold moves in order to build a team that can win it all.
So like a boat load of other GM’s….I mean one won many playoff rounds and the other won 1!!

Not winning doesn’t really make you blood brothers…..those are a dime a dozen

Leafs are more like Buffalo,Winnipeg , NYI, Arizona when it comes to playoff success

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
So like a boat load of other GM’s….I mean one won many playoff rounds and the other won 1!!

Not winning doesn’t really make you blood brothers…..those are a dime a dozen

Leafs are more like Buffalo,Winnipeg , NYI, Arizona when it comes to playoff success
I was mostly referring to having some of the right pieces but not smart enough to take the right steps to improve your team based on what our weaknesses were .Bergeven started on the right foot by acquiring Weber, but then just stopped after that and wasted Price’s glory years. I said it back then, Price,Weber were thoroughbreds surrounded mostly by mules.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
I totally get you. Either some people are just younger than us who grew up post-80s/90s or they just have a hate of everything Toronto, I dunno… (or, they are way older and maybe hated the pre-70’s Leafs).

But, I also hate the Bruins with every fiber in my body. I will freely admit my hate for them is completely irrational and illogical but IDGAF. I just hate the Bruins, always have, always will.

Now, it doesn’t mean I don’t respect their history, and some of their players. I will admit recently, I like Swayman’s story but the team themselves? Hate them, hate them, hate them.

And I live in Toronto… not like a small town in Ontario or something. I live and work in the city surrounded by the damn Leaf flags, the cheering, the daily abuse of being a Habs fan and of course, the media.

Still hate the Bruins more.
I live in Windsor (300K or so) that is 40% leafs 35% wings(those numbers are reversible depending on the years) 5% pitts, 5-8 percent bruins and 15% habs. More or less. You run into a lot of bruins fans given our city size. And Mario/Sid given the penguins a lot of reason for people to cheer for them. You see the odd fan of other teams, but thats the top 5.

I agree my hatred is irrational, but I just can not cheer for that team. Loved bourque and oates as players, despised their team. I liked nathan horton till he went to bruins-HATED him after.

The media is awful for Toronto from coast to coast to coast, esp since SN took over, yet I feel for their fans and the team itself is not nearly as unlikeable as the bruins. They have legit top talent, even if they no show and yet Bruins should not have been anywhere near a cup with 2 60 point centers. Goalies(our thing) is what won them their cup and finals. Its infuriating that we pissed away Prices prime.

Anyway yeah even the non stars on their team makes me hate them. Like Jizlick. McAnnoy, and Dumbrisk. Playoff hockey is where (I think) most of it is from. Its also why I hate TB and Carolina because of Stall and Williams. Though I am cheering them on against the NYR and Krieder.

And I believe the fact I don't really haet any west teams compared to most of the east teams is a reflection of the playoff factor in that hatred. And regular season dirtiness that you see more often against regular teams.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Rangers lead 1-0. KK blocks a shot, rebound goes straight to Lafreniere, who somehow scores from an awful angle on Andersen who seemed clueless on where the puck was.

Reactions: Weltschmerz

MarkJ

Jun 30, 2019
Shoulder+Block.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad