HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
To me that Pasta goal is entirely on Rielly. Guy looked like he was stuck in quicksand. Samsonov didn't expect Rielly to not do anything and for those kinds of dump ins, you'd expect the dman and not the winger to clear it.
Hrudey talked like Samsonov should’ve had that one but… honestly man, that’s a hugely risky play. And if he made the play and screwed it up I’m sure he’d have gotten tons of crap for it.

It’s a set play for a reason, it caught the Leafs flat footed and it’s something the Habs should practice themselves this year.

Watching the replay Reilly and Marner look so bad. Marner especially just stops skating.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
To me that Pasta goal is entirely on Rielly. Guy looked like he was stuck in quicksand. Samsonov didn't expect Rielly to not do anything and for those kinds of dump ins, you'd expect the dman and not the winger to clear it.

Yup, Reilly was caught flat footed, and watching. He didn't respond at all to the dump in. He should have tried to cut it off. He did nothing.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
When the play is perfectly executed it makes all involved in the other team look bad.

Rielly likely expected the dump-in up the left side, made him pivot the wrong way. (He looked the worst - I agree with you there)

Marner slowed at blue line but he was likely thinking it was going to be a NZ pass or dump-in to the corner. Might not have mattered since Pasta had a ton of speed compared to him coming off the bench.

Sammy was stuck to the post - was probably told to stay on his post in that rink with all the strange bounces. Would have had to read the bounce to make a play.

Credit to Boston on a perfect play.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
When the play is perfectly executed it makes all involved in the other team look bad.

Rielly likely expected the dump-in up the left side, made him pivot the wrong way. (He looked the worst - I agree with you there)

Marner slowed at blue line but he was likely thinking it was going to be a NZ pass or dump-in to the corner. Might not have mattered since Pasta had a ton of speed compared to him coming off the bench.

Sammy was stuck to the post - was probably told to stay on his post in that rink with all the strange bounces. Would have had to read the bounce to make a play.

Credit to Boston on a perfect play.
Yeah, those players look bad but Boston executed really well. Like I said, it’s something we should practice as well.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Freaking Fraud 4 (minus Willy) what is wrong with them? A Hollywood producer couldn’t script playoffs faillures like they do yearly.

Comeback from 3-1 deficit, they get the much important 1st goal in game 7. All the stats were on their side to finally win and somehow they crumble again.

This era has been incredibly disappointing. Blow this team up already, it’s long overdue.
Lol I don't understand why you care so much about the LEAFS misfortunes..?

Everyone is rejoicing

Reactions: jaffy27

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
As much as i hate the Leafs, gotta say I was rooting for them as I really want a Canadian team to win the cup.

The fact that’s it’s been 30 years that it’s not been won by Canadian team is sad ...

Hopefully Vancouver / Edmonton keeps the dream alive
Oil is looking good. They should take out nucks. Then face a beaten up team in conf final. I think oil rags final.

Reactions: Runner77

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Lol I don't understand why you care so much about the LEAFS misfortunes..?

Everyone is rejoicing
Couldn’t care less, I’ve had my share of lol’s since yesterday. It’s just mind boggling that a group this talented have never been able to put it together.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
Since it is unfortunately inevitable on for oilers and canucks move to the conf final, I'll take oil. Canucks are too obnoxious.

I want the Canuckleheads to win. I want to like the Oilers because of McDavid, but I can never bring myself to cheer for those blue and orange jerseys. Plus the Canucks have a C on their jersey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad