HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Nashy

Living on Fish Island
Feb 2, 2006
Toronto
Btw, not watching laffs game tonight. I don't think I can stomach another disappointment. My capacity to deal with hockey letdowns has somehow greatly diminished. You'd think being a Habs fan for over 3 decades now would have toughened me up, but I think I'm just breaking down now.

Go Preds!
Ah...the beauty of this series is its a win for Habs fans no matter what. I want the Leafs to lose big time but hey having the Bruins blow another 3-1 series lead? Gold.....pure gold.

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
First round winding down and no surprises,yet.

Playoffs are a cut above and some players just don't have it. PLD,Mantha. Pavelski looks done as does Perry and Toffoli and Monahan are not the way to go.

Reactions: Tyson

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Watching RNH I just imagine the obscene point totals Suzuki would have on a team like the Oilers.

McDavid circles the zone, seam pass to Suzuki, no look fake wrister to Draisaitl forehand on the doorstep. Easily a 46% power play over 82 games

Also of note McDrai are now both at 87 points in 54 playoff games. 1.61 PPG

tenor.gif

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Andrei79

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
McDavid circles the zone, seam pass to Suzuki, no look fake wrister to Draisaitl forehand on the doorstep. Easily a 46% power play over 82 games

Also of note McDrai are now both at 87 points in 54 playoff games. 1.61 PPG

tenor.gif

Just goes to show you how incompetent Oilers management has been. With guys like Zito and Brisebois, they likely have multiple cups.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Monahan did well in the regular season games after the trade to the Jets. And he also played a full season. Habs’ young core seemed to really value him, hopefully he’ll be back as a Hab.
And if we need to, we can keep trading him for first round picks.

Reactions: Runner77

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I was talking about Justin Barron. He's a toolsy player, but no toolbox. His biggest issue is he's too slow in his decision making on D. Well, that & he can't win a board battle to save his life. We should move him, and move forward with Reinbacher & Mailloux as our top RD prospects then draft a couple RD in 2024.
Ok. The window is coming. Anyone drafted after this year may not make the early window. You don’t throw away Barron just yet. 1 more year.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Ok. The window is coming. Anyone drafted after this year may not make the early window. You don’t throw away Barron just yet. 1 more year.

I didn't say throw him away. I said trade him for a forward or include him in a trade up from Winnipeg's pick to get a stronger prospect.

I don't see Barron as being on this team once we're actually in competitive mode.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
If you’re getting fair value for him in a deal, are you really losing out? Would you not rather the team invests in an asset it trusts/ needs more? We have too many Ds as it is.

« Management » aka Dundon strong arm pettiness tactics.
We don’t have too many young right d men. We have too few. We have rienbacher mailliox and Barron. Excuse spelling. 1 or 2 may not pan out. You don’t dump Barron therefore.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We don’t have too many young right d men. We have too few. We have rienbacher mailliox and Barron. Excuse spelling. 1 or 2 may not pan out. You don’t dump Barron therefore.
Fair point. However, Ghule, Harris and Xhekaj can all play right. It all depends on what Barron’s ceiling is projected to be.

Since he no longer can be sent down without the risk of getting claimed, he’s most likely to spend the year as a third pairing D who, as we’ve seen, has a lot of mental lapses. MSL may not be forgiving if he costs games.

Ideally, spending another year in the AHL would be best for his development but we don’t have that luxury. The Habs will definitely have to draft more RD. Maybe that buys Barron the other year you’re suggesting.

Last edited:

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
If Bergevin had still been Habs GM I am convinced he would have brought PLD to Montreal. I have no proof...seems to be the type of move he would have made.
Yes...same with 80% of this board...
Several would have traded Slaf for him too (but may not admit it now lol)

Reactions: Runner77 and Tyson

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes