William Nylander
· In regular season: 98 points, including 42 goals, in 82 games
· In the playoffs: No points in 1 game

John Tavares
· In the regular season: 65 points, including 29 goals, in 80 games
· In the playoffs: 1 goal in 4 games

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
They are doing the same with their baseball team. They blame the players instead of blaming management despite the management of both teams being extremely bad. Fans often forget that at the end of the day one guy is responsible for who is on the ice.
Hell I knew that when I was 10. I was excited about how good the players were. My father said it's Pollock that made this team.

Reactions: CDN24

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
Statistics for Matthews, Marner, Nylander and Tavares this season:

Auston Matthews
· In regular season: 107 points, including 69 goals, in 81 games
· In playoffs: 3 points, including 1 goal, in 4 games

Mitch Marner
· In regular season: 85 points, including 26 goals, in 69 games
· In playoffs: 2 points, including 1 goal, in 4 games

William Nylander

John Tavares
Too lazy to check, but are they racking up points against non-playoffs teams in regular season?

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Statistics for Matthews, Marner, Nylander and Tavares this season:

Auston Matthews
· In regular season: 107 points, including 69 goals, in 81 games
· In playoffs: 3 points, including 1 goal, in 4 games

Mitch Marner
· In regular season: 85 points, including 26 goals, in 69 games
· In playoffs: 2 points, including 1 goal, in 4 games

William Nylander

John Tavares
Some people might bring back "it's harder to score in the PO", but you just have to look at the playoffs scorers to see that the problem only exist to that level with the Leafs.

There are a few teams with regular season stars who have issues in the PO (Panarin comes to mind), but none of them have as many as the Leafs and usually the rest of the line-up can compensate.

Also, if people didn't know, McDavid absolutely didn't stop, he's at 2.5 ppg in 4 games in the po right now, mostly assists I guess they do no count.:skeptic:

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Jay Rosehill rips Marner, calling him "chicken sh**", "little prick", "insecure baby".

Man, things are getting nasty in Leafs land.

Lol this is so over the top. He chews out Marner for 5 minutes and then says "I can handle losses, I can handle the goalies being bad, I can handle the D being bad, I can handle a bad PP..."

Bro these are all major reasons why the Leafs suck and can't get it done when it counts. People predicted this would happen all season long for these very reasons. So much vitriol towards Marner but that entire team is badly built and it's a general rotten culture that has been there since day 1 for ALL the players in that core. Not just Marner.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Lol this is so over the top. He chews out Marner for 5 minutes and then says "I can handle losses, I can handle the goalies being bad, I can handle the D being bad, I can handle a bad PP..."

Bro these are all major reasons why the Leafs suck and can't get it done when it counts. People predicted this would happen all season long for these very reasons. So much vitriol towards Marner but that entire team is badly built and it's a general rotten culture that has been there since day 1 for ALL the players in that core. Not just Marner.
nosrtils never gets blamed

Reactions: Runner77

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017

He's the GOAT!!! ScapeGOAT that is.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
He's the GOAT!!! ScapeGOAT that is.
Marner is the easy one to blame here for sure. The best part is they'll probably trade him this summer for poor return and then use that money stupidly as they have been doing up until now. Meanwhile some other team will end up with a young 100 point dynamic winger who's super defensively responsible. I guarantee he will flourish on another team with better leadership.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Jay Rosehill rips Marner, calling him "chicken sh**", "little prick", "insecure baby".

Man, things are getting nasty in Leafs land.

That’s too much though, that’s… over the top. I get he’s a lightning rod because of how soft he is but there are 20 other players there. And management.
Anyhow, no Habs fan can be surprised at what is happening over there, we all know how they folded when the going got tough in the playoffs against us. They were abused by Weber, Chiarot and Eddy (the one that could still play, not the injured one that’s over there now) and couldn’t muster the win they needed.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Haskol fired in Seattle, MSL will be top 5 after the Leafs are eliminated tonight.

1000003798.jpg

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
Haskol fired in Seattle, MSL will be top 5 after the Leafs are eliminated tonight.

View attachment 861820
I find this statistic wild, unsure if it is just coincidence because we went through a period of a lot of a shake-ups, but I would think in most cases you need a few years to really implement systems, improve the roster to match the coach, find the rhythm, etc.

Reactions: Canadienna

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Seattle fired Haskol. Keefe is probably a goner in a few days too.

I heard some rumors about Sullivan out of Pit a few days ago as well.

Pretty crazy last 12 months to be a NHL coaches. Cooper, Sullivan, Bednar and Brind'Amour are ancient at this point. MSL will be soon (he was just extended).

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Seattle fired Haskol. Keefe is probably a goner in a few days too.

I heard some rumors about Sullivan out of Pit a few days ago as well.

Pretty crazy last 12 months to be a NHL coaches. Cooper, Sullivan, Bednar and Brind'Amour are ancient at this point. MSL will be soon (he was just extended).

Brind'Amour might go to Seattle, too.

Reactions: sandviper

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad