HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
I'll also add that stretch with TB was my "told you so" until he laid an egg the next year lol.
I suppose it's fair to say that if a player becomes a 100 point player, it must of always been in him to some extent .. so I'm not surprised you saw flashes of it to make you believe in him
... but i feel the trades really lit a fire in him that took him to the next level, at least, it looks like it.

Reactions: Andrei79

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
hehe, no, what Sid is doing at his age is incredible. Ovi is floating out there and costing them goals. zero points in 4 games.

if somehow Ovi manages to beat Gretzky's record, to me there'll be a little asterisk regarding how he got there. float float float, tee up PPG from his spot
Ovi does the hardest thing in hockey, and that is to score. The game is so different nowadays that I do believe it's harder to score now as it was back in the day.

Is he struggling? Absolutely. But he's in the playoffs whereas Crosby isn't.

And for the record, I also think what Crosby did this past year was incredible.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
It was actually the Panthers that tried to draft him 2003

Yes that's what I meant. My mind got interference from talking about Ovechkin. Rick Dudley thought he was outsmarting the league lmao.

I suppose it's fair to say that if a player becomes a 100 point player, it must of always been in him to some extent .. so I'm not surprised you saw flashes of it to make you believe in him
... but i feel the trades really lit a fire in him that took him to the next level, at least, it looks like it.

Oh, I never thought he was going to be a 100 points player lol.

Reactions: red devil and Rozz

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Not sure what games you are watching but they completely dominated the Canucks this game and have neutralized them for most of the series. Sissons missed the worst empty netter in NHL history and Canucks got lucky by showing up for 5 minutes.
Canucks didn't get a lot of scoring chances but they had the puck in the offensive zone a lot. The Preds didn't create many scoring chances either. O'Reilly screwed up every one he got.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Canucks didn't get a lot of scoring chances but they had the puck in the offensive zone a lot. The Preds didn't create many scoring chances either. O'Reilly screwed up every one he got.
They were not a threat whatsoever. The defense fell apart where Saros had to defend against 2 on 1s on every goal. ROR has been trash this series.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
seems like leafs nation is coming to terms with Marner leaving. The best trade for the leafs would be Marner for Byfield and a 1st or Keller

As a side note, i feel like we were robbed of a pens vs rags series

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Is the better result for the WPG first that the underdogs go to the final four or the other top teams?

Jul 6, 2016
seems like leafs nation is coming to terms with Marner leaving. The best trade for the leafs would be Marner for Byfield and a 1st or Keller

As a side note, i feel like we were robbed of a pens vs rags series
Wings vs Rangers would had been more exciting for sure.

Reactions: donghabs98

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's the bro that makes it epic.
Always.

DhLTXhj.jpeg

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
So the Figs got eliminated? That is what it seems anyway. Already making the post-mortem analysis.

Je vais me garder une tite gêne.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Kinda cant stand the Caps color commentator guy....sounds like Chief Wiggum

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad