HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Miller is a beast. One of the most underrated players. He's a legit 100 point center who plays a power game and has a temper. He can get points in every way, skill, power, goals, deflections, passes.

Pettersson though has been ass. Suzuki is a much better playoff player.
Pettersson is a notch above Marner in the playoffs, not by much.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It's looking like Marner will be the scapegoat along with Keefe but Matthews is in the same boat but is getting a pass this year because of his amazing regular season. Both need a fresh start because they aren't wired to handle the pressure of playing in Toronto.
Matthews played well in games 1 and 2. He was okay in game 3. Marner is a ghost this year and every year.

Honestly, I don’t know why they didn’t sign a guy like Corey Perry four years ago. He could’ve helped.

They get guys like Thornton, Marleau, Spezza…. Guys who never won. Guys that had bad playoff reps. I just don’t understand it.

Ditch Marner and JT. Fire Keefe. Get a blueline and a power forward. It’s not unsalvageable but they have to change things up. Matthews and Nylander can stay.

Of course, that’s what they SHOULD do not necessarily what they will do. Hopefully they continue to duck things up. :laugh:

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Matthews played well in games 1 and 2. He was okay in game 3. Marner is a ghost this year and every year.

Honestly, I don’t know why they didn’t sign a guy like Corey Perry four years ago. He could’ve helped.

They get guys like Thornton, Marleau, Spezza…. Guys who never won. Guys that had bad playoff reps. I just don’t understand it.

Ditch Marner and JT. Fire Keefe. Get a blueline and a power forward. It’s not unsalvageable but they have to change things up. Matthews and Nylander can stay.

Of course, that’s what they SHOULD do not necessarily what they will do. Hopefully they continue to duck things up. :laugh:

Matthews didn't play badly, but I thought he was still avoiding paying the price, especially game 1.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Miller is a beast. One of the most underrated players. He's a legit 100 point center who plays a power game and has a temper. He can get points in every way, skill, power, goals, deflections, passes.

Miller is a legit cancer though. Look at him on the bench and it's hilarious how punchable he is.

• Haha
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Matthews didn't play badly, but I thought he was still avoiding paying the price, especially game 1.
He’s not a power forward and never will be. But he created some chances and made some good defensive plays. He had a good game.

But you’re right, none of them have that extra motor in the playoffs. They don’t seem to understand what it takes.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

Pettersson was phenomenal in his first playoff series. He's been bad since his extension. That being said Nashville deserves credit, Canucks are barely getting shots.

Reactions: Andrei79 and Tyson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad