HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
Not a fan of the way they are built. Not a lot of fast forwards, defense is below average and Helle has been horrid in the playoffs.
I thought Avs looked vulnerable down the stretch and that Hellebuyck would massively outplay Georgiev. Looks like the upset won't happen though.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Damn even the Sportsnet cheerleaders piling on Marner right now. Him throwing both gloves on the bench pretending to be mad didn't look very convincing to me. I'm not enjoying any of this AT ALL. :D
It's looking like Marner will be the scapegoat along with Keefe but Matthews is in the same boat but is getting a pass this year because of his amazing regular season. Both need a fresh start because they aren't wired to handle the pressure of playing in Toronto.

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
He would have done well with the scoring talents we have now. He was going to be a RFA the summer of the year he was traded but Hughes was in salary shedding mode and unfortunately chose the wrong guy to send out.

He should have waited an extra year. He got schooled by the Avs — live and learn, it was a rookie GM mistake.
I think he knew what he was doing... Difficult to tank with players like Lehkonen.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Man Hughes is getting hammered out there. If Hutson becomes an impact player he'll be expecting the same
Funny how Makar eludes the hits, as does Adam Fox

It's looking like Marner will be the scapegoat along with Keefe but Matthews is in the same boat but is getting a pass this year because of his amazing regular season. Both need a fresh start because they aren't wired to handle the pressure of playing in Toronto.
These are players simply not built for unforgiving playoff hockey. Odd that management after several years of playoff failure have not seen this.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Man Hughes is getting hammered out there. If Hutson becomes an impact player he'll be expecting the same
Hughes biggest problem is he is the only reason offence happens for the Canucks this second half of the season. If the Canucks gave other teams a reason to worry about other defensive pairings Hughes wouldn't be as easily targeted I'm sure

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
At first I thought it was about the guy who calls games in Punjabi.

Turns out it’s a spoof about a hardcore Leafs fan.

Another reason to razz the Leafs.

• Haha
Reactions: Rozz

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Well he was a massive star in the playoffs during his 19 year old season. All the Canucks top guys besides Miller and Boeser have been bad.

Miller is a beast. One of the most underrated players. He's a legit 100 point center who plays a power game and has a temper. He can get points in every way, skill, power, goals, deflections, passes.

Pettersson though has been ass. Suzuki is a much better playoff player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad