HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

Hahahahahahahaha now I’ve heard it all. It’s like me trying to get a sick day off work. “Yeah it’s the type of illness that gets worse when I start typing on a keyboard. Can’t work today”

Maybe the Leafs docs should read on anxiety and acute stress symptoms if that "food poisoning" hangs on.

Although, it could also be a very sticky bacteria, but you think others on the team would have caught it too since that kind of bacteria tends to be very contagious (ask any parents with daycare kids!).

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
He would have done well with the scoring talents we have now. He was going to be a RFA the summer of the year he was traded but Hughes was in salary shedding mode and unfortunately chose the wrong guy to send out.

He should have waited an extra year. He got schooled by the Avs — live and learn, it was a rookie GM mistake.
He got bamboozled into acquiring Justin Barron. A swing and a complete miss, so waiting an extra year wouldn't have produced anything. Tells you a lot about the pro scouts.

Reactions: Chili and Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
That was a beyond lame call on Stanley. Refs allow maulings the entire playoffs but all of a sudden...

He did a hardworking player a favour. Gave him a great shot at winning the Cup with a team willing to extend him. I know I’d likely choose that over a rebuild.
Priority one should be to improve your team not give a hard working player a chance to win the cup.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
He would have done well with the scoring talents we have now. He was going to be a RFA the summer of the year he was traded but Hughes was in salary shedding mode and unfortunately chose the wrong guy to send out.

He should have waited an extra year. He got schooled by the Avs — live and learn, it was a rookie GM mistake.
The Lehkonen we're seeing in the playoffs, we saw the same player during the Covid bubble. And I believe we would have finished higher in the standings with him in the lineup, so it's not all doom and gloom, true that.

The issue with the trade is we were never going to get full value for him. Partly because it's hard to project his offensive production and impact on a more talented team, but also due to not being truly valued here as well.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He got bamboozled into acquiring Justin Barron. A swing and a complete miss, so waiting an extra year wouldn't have produced anything. Tells you a lot about the pro scouts.
He did.

On Feb. 8th this year, LeBrun was on BPM and confirmed that Lehkonen wasn’t actually on the market. But then, Sakic called Hughes for 17 consecutive days and Hughes’ early “nos” turned into a yes. Hughes was in the driver’s seat and should have held firm.

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
The Lehkonen we're seeing in the playoffs, we saw the same player during the Covid bubble. And I believe we would have finished higher in the standings with him in the lineup, so it's not all doom and gloom, true that.

The issue with the trade is we were never going to get full value for him. Partly because it's hard to project his offensive production and impact on a more talented team, but also due to not being truly valued here as well.
Lehky is the best player on the ice today

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Priority one should be to improve your team not give a hard working player a chance to win the cup.
Well he might have expressed little interest in coming back. It’s a lot easier to move Lehkonen than the other albatross contracts on the team.

This is on Bergevin, not Hughes.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don't really care about the pick to be honest. It will fall where it falls.
Wasn’t about that at all. I feel as you do about the pick, nothing to get worked up about.

I thought you might have connected it to the fallout we had with Jet fans since the Scheifele incident and how making fun of Hab fans is a cottage industry on their forum.

So, please don’t mind if some of us enjoy their misery, whenever it arises.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad