HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
So the new majority owner of TML also owns the board castings rights to all the other Canadian teams? That seems questionable no?

If anything they own less than before since BCE owns the regional rights for the Habs/Sens.

It's going to be business as usual on Sportsnet the "Leafs this, leafs that" formula ain't gonna change. TSN could see some editorial guidelines change, they might stop to act like a shameless propaganda ministry but they still need to caters to that market.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
2024-2025 NHL rule changes:

1. Coaches can now challenge if a puck touched the glass on a delay of game penalty. A failed challenge is a double minor
  2. No more defensive line changes after a net is dislodged by a defensive player including the goalie
  3. Both teams get a warning for a face off violation after an icing
  4. Teams get a warning then a bench minor if players are sitting on the boards with their skates facing the ice during play.
  5. Replacements for injured goalies now get a warm up

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
2024-2025 NHL rule changes:

1. Coaches can now challenge if a puck touched the glass on a delay of game penalty. A failed challenge is a double minor
  2. No more defensive line changes after a net is dislodged by a defensive player including the goalie
  3. Both teams get a warning for a face off violation after an icing
  4. Teams get a warning then a bench minor if players are sitting on the boards with their skates facing the ice during play.
  5. Replacements for injured goalies now get a warm up

Double minor really??? wow.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Because you are already facing a minor penalty at the time of the challenge. A failed challenge result in 2 minutes for delaying the game (puck over glass) + 2 minutes for delaying the game (failed challenge), so double minor.
What if the opposing team is challenging claiming the team did not touch the glass? Or is the challenge only for a team getting a penalty for puck over glass?

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Yes. More worthless garbage. Why bother with the rule. No one is going to risk 4 minutes.
And there should not be a penalty for a failed challenge. There is no need for that unless there are unlimited number of challenges.
There absolutely should be penalty for failed challenges. Those replays for offside that took forever to determine even with 4K cameras kills the flow of the game. Teams used it as a long timeout and challenged for no reason because "why not".

I'd go even further and put a time limit on replays. If you can't come to a decision within 1 minute of replay, the play stand.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
I don’t intend to be insensitive or offensive, but using my anecdotal experience growing up in an extended family and town with its fair share of mental illness I’ve always felt Lehner is just an insincere jerk that also suffers from awful diseases of the mind.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
So Lehner's been on LTIR since he had hip surgery and has missed both of the last two seasons.

It would be pretty funny if he showed up and claimed he was good-to-go just until game 1 to put the Knights in a bad spot cap-wise.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Here for Hutson's monster thighs
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
So Lehner's been on LTIR since he had hip surgery and has missed both of the last two seasons.

It would be pretty funny if he showed up and claimed he was good-to-go just until game 1 to put the Knights in a bad spot cap-wise.

I mean... the biggest thing about all this is all the money he owes. He's in financial dire straits, with the legal pursuits he's fighting/fought and the ensuing bankruptcy. IIRC, the bankruptcy was 24 mil.

Why the hell would he skip the medical unless he's not injured anymore and working for his contract puts him in a bigger bind somehow?

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
Looking at all those RFA contracts negotiations is weird knowing that’s gonna be us again really soon. Reality of the cap, can’t sign every good player to 8 years big money deals, only a couple of those per team.

We got a lot of very good young players coming up in the next couple years, not including if we make some trade acquisitions. Gonna be interesting to see who HuGo gives long-term contracts to and who they bridge.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Looking at all those RFA contracts negotiations is weird knowing that’s gonna be us again really soon. Reality of the cap, can’t sign every good player to 8 years big money deals, only a couple of those per team.

We got a lot of very good young players coming up in the next couple years, not including if we make some trade acquisitions. Gonna be interesting to see who HuGo gives long-term contracts to and who they bridge.

Don't you worry, Bettman is going to spawn several new poverty franchises to pick through our players in a few short years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad