HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Tanev 4.5 millions AAV for 6 years is a joke. Even the Laffs fans deserve a better management.

They've accepted they'll use him as LTIR once his body breaks down. He's injured half the season too. He's a really good defensive defenseman when he's healthy.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
A player that I would be interested on a short term deal is Janmark you would add speed to the bottom of the lineup and he is a great penalty killer. With his playoffs though I think that someone may offer him a long term deal.
Suivante…next

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

They are now $2.4 over the cap and still have Holloway and Broberg as rfa's to sign
Either they trade Ceci or Kane but he has full NMC. Unless Kane"s injuries are severe enough where he goes on LTIR.

Kane has some type of groin injury so he could be LTIR. It looks like Edmonton is bringing the gang back. They should have a strong regular season again.

I could see them winning the Western Conference and getting home ice advantage through the first 3 rounds, anyway.

Reactions: sandviper

Fuonki

Jan 2, 2020
I'd argue the idea of a capped league is to limit labor cost. The so-called parity is a second-order effect.​
Exactly. In the NHL player salaries make up exactly 50% of the hockey related revenue. In top European leagues like the SHL and NL where most teams operate as not-for-profit organizations player salaries make up somewhere between 70-80% of all revenue. The parity argument is only there to sell the idea of business owners making more money to the fans

Reactions: Leto

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Kane has some type of groin injury so he could be LTIR. It looks like Edmonton is bringing the gang back. They should have a strong regular season again.

I could see them winning the Western Conference and getting home ice advantage through the first 3 rounds, anyway.

I like the two main adds yesterday with Arvidsson and Skinner. Henrique resigning is also nice. Perry? I guess he’ll be ok in a limited role.

As well as Skinner ultimately ended up playing these playoffs, I really think the Oilers have to address the goaltending. I didn’t examine the goalie market but surely there were better options than resigning Pickard?

Team defense was really good in the playoffs, but I think they could use a reliable and boring defender… we have a Savard to offer…

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Man I am blown away by how many insane contracts were handed down yesterday. 4 years for Edmundson? 5 years for Monahan? The teams who didn't join that fray will end up the big winners.
The crazy part is Montreal ended up handing out the most promising longterm contract, something I didn't expect.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Chicago has done amazing things to surround their young players. I don't think they make the POs but they'll certainly be in the bubble. They left room for Nazar, Del maestro and Levshunov too.

The Sharks too, to an extent although the defense is still awful.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Chicago has done amazing things to surround their young players. I don't think they make the POs but they'll certainly be in the bubble. They left room for Nazar, Del maestro and Levshunov too.

The Sharks too, to an extent although the defense is still awful.
Davidson said on draft night, the org would consider upcoming season a failure if they drafted top-10 and they would be active this offseason to ensure that isn’t the case

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Davidson said on draft night, the org would consider upcoming season a failure if they drafted top-10 and they would be active this offseason to ensure that isn’t the case
Started their rebuild the same year as the Habs with a lot less assets than we had. Makes you think sometimes.

Well see who had the right idea.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Started their rebuild the same year as the Habs with a lot less assets than we had. Makes you think sometimes.

Well see who had the right idea.
HuGo have said the same thing..don’t expect to draft low again in the near future, the only difference Hawks had enormous cap room this summer, Habs cap space will start increasing substantially over next two summers as veteran contracts come off the books

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
HuGo have said the same thing..don’t expect to draft low again in the near future, the only difference Hawks had enormous cap room this summer, Habs cap space will start increasing substantially over next two summers as veteran contracts come off the books
Well we're drafting bottom 2 next summer with this roster.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Man I am blown away by how many insane contracts were handed down yesterday. 4 years for Edmundson? 5 years for Monahan? The teams who didn't join that fray will end up the big winners.
The crazy part is Montreal ended up handing out the most promising longterm contract, something I didn't expect.
Nothing good ever comes from buying your team on July 1st. Especially when you know the cap is rising and agents are extra aggressive. It’s a trap.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
I think Chicago is still easily a bottom 10 and probably bottom ~6 team. Hall Bedard Bertuzzi is nice but it drops off steeply afterwards and their goalie is still Mrazek. Just don't think that Teravainen, Mikheyev, Maroon, Smith, and some old dmen really gets them out of the bottom tier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad